“Comfortable Stay, Faulty Accomodations” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hazard
Berea, Kentucky
“Comfortable Stay, Faulty Accomodations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

After an exhausting day hiking and rock climbing in Red River Gorge, my friends and I piled into this small hotel. The lobby was large and welcoming with the dining area just beyond it. The dining area had around 8 tables with sufficient seating as well as a coffee machine, fruits and vegetables, and a choice of eggs, biscuits, cereal, bacon, yogurt, and toast for breakfast. The room I stayed in had two beds, a microwave, refrigerator, toilet, tub/shower, television, and desk. The beds were by far some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on while staying in a hotel.

The maid service was efficient as I came back each day with my bed made and room cleaned up. However, the biggest problem my friends and I faced was the WiFi. We were traveling for school and needed to upload/work on assignments each night. However, after our first night there we had little to no access to WiFi which forced us to travel to different places for internet access. This really became an inconvenience for us because we would get back late every night and would have to go back out once we got to the hotel. However, overall, the stay was pleasant, and I would recommend this for a short trip and if you were not in need of internet access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed at the Quality Hotel as a part of summer program consisted of 20 people. I had a great experience regarding room service and other accommodations. In my room I had a microwave, hair drier, iron, screen TV, mini fridge, and an extremely comfortable bed. Also, I enjoyed swimming in the pool while admiring a beautiful view of the mountains from the hotel. The only thing that required improvement was the internet. As a part of the program, we strongly needed Wi-Fi to be able to finish assignments and contact people. Except the internet problem, the accommodations at the Quality Hotel were exceptional.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Da Lat, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I went here for a business trip. Everything about this chain hotel is ok, but for the wifi. The internet is very critical to business people, so I want to warn you before you decide to get in this place. We feel like we were fooled because the only reason we chose to stay here was that the staffs said that the wifi would work. It has been 3 days and nothing happened
They have a swimming pool in the back. It is nice, but don’t expect too much. The room is clean and convenient. They have everything you might need: iron, microwave, fringe, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We drove into beautiful Hazard after experiencing rock climbing at Torrent Falls and hiking at Natural Bridge and were completely exhausted. The rooms at the Quality Inn are, in my opinion, very nice complete with flat screen, fridge, microwave, iron, and wonderful beds and pillows. The whole room was spotless and I enjoyed my sleep immensely.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TaylorSabo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The other Quality Inns I've stayed at were hotels vs motels, so I wasn't expecting outside rooms which are a problem because even though the rooms are all non-smoking the outside is heavy with smoke. That may not be a big deal for some, but as an asthmatic that is a problem. There was also an ashtray right at the entrance of the office part of the motel. I couldn't go anywhere without smelling smoke.

The rooms were really nice though, and very quiet. There was a party of line workers outside our door who were fairly loud when we were outside. In the room, we couldn't hear them at all. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fairly spacious as motels go.

If you don't mind motels and don't have a problem with smoking I would recommend the hotel. If you don't want to smell smoke - find a hotel in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have trouble with mobility.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Milford, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

While the hotel was very clean and the desk clerk was friendly, helpful and nice - we were very concerned for our safety because the hotel is off the beaten track and there were very few other guests. I was concerned about our desk clerk being by herself in the lobby late at night with no one around and very concerned about our being in such a secluded area. It was a nice hotel - but we will not be staying there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Calhoun, Kentucky USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on two different trips, before and after the remodel. It is really easy to find as it sits up on top of a hill, just off the highway. The room was comfortable, spacious and clean. It had a nice pool, although it was too cool for us to use it on our trip. The breakfast area was huge but the breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast. They also had two computers set up in the lobby for customers to use. We needed a couple of maps and they offered to print them for us. We intended to stay one night but ended up staying two. Being a Choice Privileges member, which I highly recommend, I called ahead and made the original reservation and check in was a breeze. The staff was very friendly and even recommended a place for us to eat. Over all, we were pleased with our stay and will stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazard
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hazard
American Elite Inn Hazard
Buckhorn Lake State Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!