“So far Best Hotel in the town.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hazard
Berea, Kentucky
“So far Best Hotel in the town.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this Inn about 10 days for school project at hazard region so I can say I know about this place much well. they don't have good internet that it is slow or sometimes there is no connection. the room is large enough and clean but the sound of AC was bugging me. bathroom is also good enough but the shower curtain is not long enough that water from shower head keeps leaking to the bathroom tile. it was slippery and not good for me. one day the elevator was broken that people had to use stairs and after long day when I came back to my room, there were a soda and chocolate from the inn for apology. it was kind of cute and kind. this place also has a good breakfast from coffee to eggs and sausage. overall, i like this place except for the internet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hi
I saw on your review you had some internet issues during your stay. We do have problems sometime when the hotel is sold out. We are working on this issue. If you encounter any problems during your stay please let me know.Our guest are very important to us.
Mary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been here twice and they always provide great service. Inside the room the beds are comfortable and there is a business work area if you are on business and are staying at the hotel. The scenery in the lobby is clean and provides the relaxation you need after a long day.

The hotel has both a fitness room and a swimming pool that is open till the late hours of any day. Also there is a meeting room and individual computer room if there needs to be a meeting or you as the traveler have some work to do.

The people at the front desk are genuinely nice and are attentive to making sure each person staying at the hotel enjoys there time. Overall, five star quality and great place.

1 Thank JWIllis82
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hi
I want to say Thank You" for your wonderful review about our hotel. It is great to hear hoe nice our staff and hotel are.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I made my reservation for this hotel a month in advance and when I showed up I was put in a smoking room. I asked why I was in a smoking room and they told me that when booking online even if you ask for smoking room. if all non smoking rooms are taken, they automatically put you in a smoking room with no warning. For a hotel that is in a VERY remote area it is hard to believe that the hotel was full the day of let alone a MONTH before! I stay at Hampton's at least 75% of the year and this has never happened to me.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi
I would like you to contact me regarding your stay at our hotel. I want to check to make sure that no changes were done on our end. Our policy is not to change the room types that are booked. The hotel phone number is 606-439-0902.
Morristown, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This facility was a pleasure to say at. It was a very nice motel, clean and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in while traveling. The staff was very helpful and always cheerful, even the man who emerged from his night shift.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Hugh S
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I want to let you know how much i appreciate the nice comments about our hotel. Our guest mean everything to us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to se you again.
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My colleagues and I will be in the area for a while, every time I walk in the hotel room, I dive into the comfortable plush bed that awaits me. Instantly, I am almost sleep within seconds of lying down. The staff is amazing! The people here at the Hampton are accommodating to the customers. I really enjoy sitting in the lobby because of the modern intimate ambiance. The good breakfast always a way for me to start the day! I really enjoy the oatmeal toppings, the brown sugar, raisins, and nuts.

Hi
I was so glad to hear you state"The staff is Amazing". It gives me great pride to hear this about my Hampton Team. I also am glad to hear that you get good sleep because of our comfortable plush beds. We are here for our guest.
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love this hotel! The service is absolutely wonderful.

We had stayed here a week ago with our group of Entrepreneurship for the Public Good and the pool closed at 10:00 p.m. Then, I asked if we could go swimming still, but the reason they had closed it was because of the chlorine. I was super sad. However, the next time we came in at 10:00 p.m. she had told me when I got in that the pool was open until 11:30 p.m. I felt so special being able to go swimming and relax in the indoor pool and hot tub.

The lobby is also super comfortable to hang out and work in. They have several tables and a few comfy couches with little throws to grab if you get chilly. They also have this amazing picture in the lobby that has horses and men and it's such a cool painting because it kind of looks just like scribbles, but it's not.

The beds and pillows are super comfortable. I did wake up with several bug bites on my upper leg, but I don't know if they were from the bed or from earlier during the day when I was out. I just had woken up itching them. They looked like mosquito bites. Also, in the room there is a big screen t.v. in the room, but I didn't even have time to use it. It was still really nice. They also had wifi, but the only problem with the wifi is that it is fairly slow especially in the rooms. They also make your beds after you leave.

I loved waking up to breakfast in the mornings! I'd eat fresh fruit and oatmeal and I'd take a banana for my travels. They even offered breakfast bags to go which have a muffin, water, granola bar and piece of fruit.

Oh and the elevator was out of order the day we arrived so we had to use the stairs. However, when we went up to our nice comfortable rooms there was a little bag and it had two sodas and nice candy bars apologizing for the inconvenience. It definitely made me smile, and it's just the small things that make a difference. I appreciate the thought.

Overall, great experience! I love this hotel and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hi
I am so glad to hear what a great experience you had during your stay at our hotel.We love to hear these positive comments. We hope to see you soon.
Williamson, West Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been here on three visits with a group of 20 students for 6 days. It was beautiful and the environment was really safe and quiet. The swimming pool is great and the gym is fabulous. Morning breakfast starts about 7am and they have a variety of food for breakfast.
The front desk was very helpful when i need toiletry and couldn't find all that i needed in the hotel.
One one visit, the elevator wasn't working, and after i took the steps to my room, the staff sent me a letter apologizing and that was very nice of them.

Hi
Wow! all your comments about our hotel are wonderful. I am so glad that our front desk was so helpful to you. We want all our guest to to feel safe why at our hotel.
Mary Combs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazard
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hazard
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Hazard
Buckhorn Lake State Resort
American Elite Inn Hazard

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard? Share your experiences!