“best ever”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hazard
Samson, United States
“best ever”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the best hotel we ever stayed in. We were there to visit someone in the hospital. So it was very convenient,since the hospital was right down the street. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. The staff was very friendly,the rooms were clean and well laid out, and the beds were so comfortable. There is a nice big grocery store next to the hotel, so I went there and bought fruit and salad to eat for supper. The hotel breakfast was great and the breakfast staff was excellent. We will definitely stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I was so happy to see your great review for our hotel on here. As manager of the hotel it gives me great joy to hear this positive feedback. I hope you will visit us again and please stop by the front desk i would like to meet you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Clair, Michigan
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on our wA home. It is in the strangest location. The hotel was very clean and the staff helpful. Applebee's right across the parking lot, very convenient since we were late in getting there. Breakfast stand fare. Overall nice hotel.

Stayed April 2013
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We are happy that your travels brought you our way. It is so nice to hear how clean our hotel is and how helpful the staff is. We all want to say "Thank You".
Glasgow, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I agree that there really isn't a lot of choice when it comes to Hazard. This was a nice, fairly new and well-maintained place to stay. This was a spring break trip with a couple of kids, so the main thing that caused me to go with this particular property was the indoor pool. I knew the kids would like that and I was right.

The staff was very friendly. We had a great time and even stayed at another Hampton Inns the next night in Richmond. The elevator was really rough and as we were about to check out, someone was there working on it. All in all, I'd give this an "A."

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It was so nice to hear your positive feedback for our hotel. I want to say "Thank You". As the general manager it makes me feel great to hear how guest enjoy their stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again.
Mary Combs
Louisville
Reviewed March 22, 2013

There's not much to choose from in Hazard, but I was attending a conference and the Hampton Inn was the most affordable. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were clean and spacious. The staff went over and above to make my stay pleasant. They let me know that Applebee's across the street would deliver to the hotel and give a 10% discount. After a long drive, this was very much appreciated. Internet access went off without a hitch. Boring business trip turned into a pleasant little escape.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I want to say "Thank You " for your nice comments about our hotel. It is always so nice to hear how helpful my staff is.
Tennessee
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The best option in Hazard. The staff was helpful in switching me to another room. I agree with the other reviews on the bed covers. Mine was also lumpy. Management needs to discard them once they get lumpy or let corporate know about the negative comments from guests. It's a poor first impression of a room when you see a lumpy bed. I appreciated the breakfast on the go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is the place I want to stay everywhere I travel. It was so refreshing to actually have a staff that was from the same country they are working in and speak the same language as the country they are working in. I am sure that it costs the hotel a little more to hire locally but the pay off is in the quality. The service was much better than I have seen in many years. I actually was asked if I needed anything or if there was anything they could do to help; multiple times. Not just by the front desk but by ALL the staff. Everyone actually seemed to be concerned about doing their job well. The real beauty was they were successful. Everything was perfect and I needed nothing. Thank You Hazard KY!

Room Tip: Each Time we have stayed in a king suite and they were great. I highly recommend. Nice high ceilings...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not many options in Hazard KY but this one is the best there. I was assured it would be clean and not scary. Stayed in the Jacuzzi room with king size bed. Everything was very good. One Item I hope they fix, The Cover for the bed was lumpy. Hope they replace. This does not affect the results of the stay. Breakfast is continental. It was OK, could be improved. Next time will go out for breakfast unless i see big improvement. Rooms have good sound insulation as our room remained quite even though they had a soccer team in lobby. Staff was friendly but not outgoing. (did not ask if I needed directions or assistance or how they could help make our stay better). It is worth the extra expense.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room is great to relax after long day but room will be smaller.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir
I want to apoligize for the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. The bed inserts are washed daily and some of them do tend to get lumps. During your next visit if you encounter any problems please ask for management and we will get it took care of for you. I also want to thank you for bringing to my attention that some of the staff was not very helpful and want to assure you this has been taken care of. I do appreciate my guest at this hotel and want to make sure all the staff feels the same way. I do hope that you give us another chance.
Mary Combs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazard
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hazard
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Hazard
Buckhorn Lake State Resort
American Elite Inn Hazard

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard? Share your experiences!