“Hampton exceeded expectations”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hazard
Reviewed March 22, 2013

There's not much to choose from in Hazard, but I was attending a conference and the Hampton Inn was the most affordable. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were clean and spacious. The staff went over and above to make my stay pleasant. They let me know that Applebee's across the street would deliver to the hotel and give a 10% discount. After a long drive, this was very much appreciated. Internet access went off without a hitch. Boring business trip turned into a pleasant little escape.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I want to say "Thank You " for your nice comments about our hotel. It is always so nice to hear how helpful my staff is.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The best option in Hazard. The staff was helpful in switching me to another room. I agree with the other reviews on the bed covers. Mine was also lumpy. Management needs to discard them once they get lumpy or let corporate know about the negative comments from guests. It's a poor first impression of a room when you see a lumpy bed. I appreciated the breakfast on the go.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is the place I want to stay everywhere I travel. It was so refreshing to actually have a staff that was from the same country they are working in and speak the same language as the country they are working in. I am sure that it costs the hotel a little more to hire locally but the pay off is in the quality. The service was much better than I have seen in many years. I actually was asked if I needed anything or if there was anything they could do to help; multiple times. Not just by the front desk but by ALL the staff. Everyone actually seemed to be concerned about doing their job well. The real beauty was they were successful. Everything was perfect and I needed nothing. Thank You Hazard KY!

Room Tip: Each Time we have stayed in a king suite and they were great. I highly recommend. Nice high ceilings...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not many options in Hazard KY but this one is the best there. I was assured it would be clean and not scary. Stayed in the Jacuzzi room with king size bed. Everything was very good. One Item I hope they fix, The Cover for the bed was lumpy. Hope they replace. This does not affect the results of the stay. Breakfast is continental. It was OK, could be improved. Next time will go out for breakfast unless i see big improvement. Rooms have good sound insulation as our room remained quite even though they had a soccer team in lobby. Staff was friendly but not outgoing. (did not ask if I needed directions or assistance or how they could help make our stay better). It is worth the extra expense.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room is great to relax after long day but room will be smaller.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Sir
I want to apoligize for the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. The bed inserts are washed daily and some of them do tend to get lumps. During your next visit if you encounter any problems please ask for management and we will get it took care of for you. I also want to thank you for bringing to my attention that some of the staff was not very helpful and want to assure you this has been taken care of. I do appreciate my guest at this hotel and want to make sure all the staff feels the same way. I do hope that you give us another chance.
Mary Combs

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice room, friendly staff. They made us feel right at home and let us know that if we needed anything to just ask.The bed was comfortable, it was late at night and I told them we needed to get started early she advised us of the cont. breakfast and put in a room away from the road so we wouldn't hear the traffic. Very thoughtful of her

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I do frequent business in the region and always try to stay at the Hampton if they have room. More often than not, they are full and I must book another hotel, especially if it is during the week. So I try to book early to insure I get a room. Wonderful accomodations. Beds are comfortable, rooms are very clean, internet works great and the business office has what one needs. Plus the breakfasts are delicious, warm cookies in the evening, and they even pack lunch bags for those on the go. Excellent service, close proximity to restaurants and a great staff. Plus the beds with their white duvet covers are very comfortable. Look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Book early. They fill up fast, especially on weekdays.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family and I were in Hazard for a Scouting event on a mountain top just outside of town. The Mrs and I both have arthritis which is beginning to make overnight camping unpleasant. That said I believe I have found the perfect "Tent" in the Hampton Inn and Suites-Hazard. Easy to put up, this one comes complete with built in bathroom, toiletries, a bed above ground so comfortable you almost become one with it, and pillows so dreamy you would fight to hold onto it. This is the new "camp site" for this family when in town for the annual KCA/Bluegrass Council event. Sorry to say we skipped the comp breakfast in favor of a favorite local diner, but next time I won't skip out on the omelets.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazard
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hazard
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Hazard
Buckhorn Lake State Resort
American Elite Inn Hazard

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard? Share your experiences!