“Great food and service”

La Pena Mexican Grill
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Hazard
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 25, 2013

While visiting friends in Hazard we came to eat at La Pena and had a great evening. The food is delicious and plentiful- I ordered a small steak fajita and got two plates piled high, so I don't want to know how much food a large would get you! The service was friendly and fast, and the strawberry daiquiris are really good (though if you want a lot of alcohol, try the margharitas!).

Reviewed July 3, 2013

While I was staying in Hazard with my colleagues, I had a chance to visit this place for a dinner! we 20 people went here without reservation surprisingly. there were enough seats for us thankfully and the waiters were kind and they served food to us so quickly. I ordered Chimichanga it was so tasty and the atmosphere was great with pictures on the wall. I believe this place is one of best restaurant in hazard region, and I would want to visit this place again.

1  Thank DolyHan
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stopped into this restaurant with 20 colleagues from Berea College's Entrepreneurship for the Public Good. The atmosphere is really beautiful, very colorful and sophisticated. The service was excellent as well, quick and efficient for our large group. However, although the food was good it was not particularly unique from other mexican eateries. The standout for me for this place however was the way that my colleague was served. He was not feeling good before we got to the restaurant and had to leave without eating the food that he ordered. I had his meal boxed but completely forgot about it when we walked out. We ended up standing outside for a bit when I remembered that I had forgotten his food! They had already bussed the table but immediately offered to make him a whole other quesadilla free of charge. This kind of service is the type that brings me back to a place again and again and is worthy of the 4 star rating.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Want Mexican Food? Stop at La Pena! Big meals for a reasonable price! The service was good but I would suggest name tags. If you are starving, I would recommend the chicken or beef quesadilla grande. It comes with mushrooms, onions, peppers, guacamole, sour cream and other great ingredients. The bathroom needed to be clean!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I just got out of this restaurant. I love the place. Big area and great service. the servers are really nice. You can even learn some Spanish here while waiting for your food.