“My favorite Hazard spot”

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 40 Restaurants in Hazard
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
London, Kentucky
“My favorite Hazard spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I travel for work to Hazard fairly often and Ponderosa is always my spot to eat at! I've also brought my family on a couple of occasions and they love it too. We have had steaks, ribs, chicken monterey and of course the buffet - we love it all!

• Visited June 2014
FavorFilled, Owner at Ponderosa Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 11, 2016
Thank you for your feedback!

“Unkept”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I only visit this restaurant when someone I'm with suggests it. It is very outdated and isn't very well kept. The food is like any other buffet, bland and cafeteria like. The carpet is nasty.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Suzy H
I am sorry our restaurant does not meet your standards.
Berea, Kentucky
“Good place for group meeting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went there for Lion's club meeting and it is steak house and I was surprised that they provide buffet and surprised again that we forgot to eat steak there. I had a buffet lunch there. for this Lion's club meeting, they provided private room and was able to have good buffet in quiet place. the buffet had a little bit of everything and they were good the servers were very kind and friendly.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DolyHan
Thank you for your feedback. We enjoy hosting the Lions Club.
Clarkesville, Georgia
“Lions Club meeting at Ponderosa Steak House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I ate lunch here with the Lions club last Thursday. Over all the meal was great and the place was clean. However it was a typical steak house and buffet. The selection on the buffet was home style cooking. Unfortunately, when I go out to eat I try to eat at place that serve different food then what I eat at home.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank rc1cohran
I am sorry we didn't satisfy your craving for something different. We do change up our rotation regularly, hopefully on your next visit you will find something "different". Thanks for your feedback.
Tennessee
“Eat the food bar and forget their steaks.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I ordered a ribeye and baked potato, but enjoyed the hot bar more. The salad bar was good. The steak had no flavor and the baked potato tasted odd. The hot bar had great fried chicken. The hot rolls were good too.

Visited February 2013