“A hidden gem”

Capers
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Gourmet dining awaits you at Capers! Don't let the humble exterior of a small town storefront deter you!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. When we arrived and I saw the restaurant I was very skeptical. The outside was not very appealing, BUT once you walk through the door it's another story!

I felt like I was in an Italian cafe. The walls are painted a pleasing color and the tables are sectioned off in intimate settings. The restaurant is not very big but the arrangement and decor lends itself to a pleasant dining experience. Music was playing that reminded me of Italy and it was not so loud that you couldn't have conversation.

The waitress was attentive and did a very nice job waiting on our table.

We tried to order potstickers for an appetizer, but they were out of this. We tried to order tenderloin but they said they had taken it off the menu.

There were three in our party and we ordered rib eye, Aunt Lucy's fried chicken, and salmon croquettes.

The side salad was very good. It was fresh and was not "bagged salad". The dressings were homemade, not bottle dressings. The entrees arrived hot and all of them were tasty and cooked to perfection. We got a side of the caper sauce and it went well with the steak.

The chef came to the table and inquired as to how we liked the meal. We told him we were very pleased. He suggested two of his desserts so we ordered both for the table to share. Both were very moist and had decadently creamy frostings.

We came from out of town to try this restaurant on a recommendation and were not disappointed. We plan to bring friends the next time. This place is a hidden gem!

2  Thank BudNLily
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This place is really nice. I am surprised that more people don't go to this place. The food is really good and the owners try to come up with unique dishes. I appreciate this restaurant in this community because it's different than any other restaurant in the area.... It offers a unique dining experience, a relaxing atmosphere, and many delicious options. I love the music they play, too. I hope this restaurant stays open because this community needs more choices than fast food.