“Not staying again”

Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The room was small and not enough towels. Non smoking room but the blanket and bedspread has cigarette holes in them and still smelt like cigarette smoke. Desk clerk recommended bad restaurant and the maid service rushes you out the next morning. Price paid was too much for this type of stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Rude front desk, rooms not upto stndards. Only saving grace, restaurant nearby. Had to checkout, wanted to change rooms because I suspected bed bugs, but the manager wouldn't budge and change rooms. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I travel all over the country for business and pleasure and stay in a variety of upscale hotels, to very low scale motels. I have NEVER encountered such an incompetent, rude staff at any location in this country.

If you don't read further, please just take my advice to find yourself another place to stay in this town.

We booked rooms here for a family event over the weekend. When we showed up at the hotel that evening to check in, the hotel told us that our rooms had been cancelled and resold to someone else, and that they were booked for the night. WHHHHATTTTT?!? And then, on top of this, they let us know that they'd be charging our credit cards for the rooms. We had nowhere to stay. When we asked what we were supposed to do, Spencer asked us to leave.

EXCUSE ME?!@? You cancelled our rooms without any sort of written confirmation or authorization, we show up to check in, and you've sold our rooms? Where are we supposed to sleep? Luckily, we were able to find something else that night and over the weekend.

This "hotel" doesn't even deserve 1 star.
The staff did NOTHING to try to attempt to correct this problem (i.e. put us up in their other hotel which had rooms, etc. -- instead, they lied to us about policies that don't exist and contradict what is written on their website when you order rooms online).

They also DID illegally charge our credit cards - which will be interesting to see how the tide turns for them on that poor choice.

Please do not stay here.

2  Thank JennMoo
Reviewed August 10, 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! worst employees EVER. if google would let me, i would give this DUMP zero stars. the company that controls the Country Hearth Inn chain should immediately call this poor excuse for a hotel and FIRE the piece of garbage desk worker named spencer. he is an insanely rude midget that obviously has a grudge against anyone with class and education past the 8th grade. he flat out lied to our face. we were told that our rooms were cancelled after we got verbal confirmation from him and another simple minded employee after calling and asking them to be cancelled. THEY STILL CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARDS FOR 2 NIGHTS!! so when we arrived and asked for our rooms, they told us they had given them away. when asked why our card was still charged, the troll coward spencer told us it was "the hotel's policy and every other hotel across the country's policy to do that. now leave the premise." he then claimed that if anyone does not show up to claim their room RIGHT AT 4:00, the rooms are given away. this is utter garbage! no hotel makes you be there exactly at a certain time to check in.

i am EMBARRASSED that this hotel exists in a city where i have family. and the owner, a patel of course, was just as bad. he was no help at all and it frightens me that someone is capable of owning a business simply because they have money BUT ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

2  Thank JMill5
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at the Country Hearth August 5, 2011 and August 6, 2011. I had made reservations 2-3 months in advance and had been promised a room on the first floor because I am a 63 year old female traveling with my 83 year old mother. Since the hotel does not have an elevator I had requested a room on the first floor due to the difficulty of the two of us carrying luggage and other belongs up the stairs. The owner told me were not on the first floor because it just didn't work out that way. He did carry the luggage upstairs.

At 2:55 AM Saturday morning, August 6, a very large picture, approximatel 36" x 36", hanging above the bed I was sleeping in fell on my head. I reported the incident to the front desk that morning and asked to fill out an incident/accident report but was told they didn't have such a thing. The desk clerk anded me a small piece of note paper to write down what happed. Later that afternoon I went back to the front desk and spoke with Spencer Busser, Assistant Manager. He seemed to be aware of the situation and he asked me what I had been doing that caused the pircture to fall off the wall and hit me in the head. He stated the picture had been hanging there for 10 years and had never fallen off the wall before. Then he stated that perhaps the people in the neighboring room had been up to some "shenanigans" that might have caused the picture to fall and that he planned to get to the bottom of this. I told him I had been suffering from a dull headache since the incident but that I or some other guest could have been very seriously injured. I asked to be reimbursed the money I had paid for the two nights and he said that was impossibile and if he did reimburse he would be fired. I asked if the manager was aware of the situation and Spencer said he was and that if the owner reimbursed any money he himself would be in trouble with corporate. Spencer Busser then took out his own wallet and offered me $12 so my mother and I could go to Dairy Queen for dinner. I did not accept the money. At this point he stated that if I incurred any medical bills to let them know.

Upon checking out of the hotel on Sunday Augutst 6, I had still not been contacted by the owner of the hotel. I requested that the desk clerk write down the name and address of the Corporate office, the name of the owner and the assistant manager, and the name of the local newspaper.

Monday evening August 8, 2011 at approximately 7:15 PM I received a phone call from the owner of the hotel, Nate Patel who apologized for what had happened and he told me to send him any medical bills I might incur. I asked to be reimbursed the money I paid for the room and he said that was not possible. During our conversation I asked at least 3 time to be reimbursed and he said no. The owner did state that recently all the rooms had been painted and that picture above the bed I slept in had not been properly secured to the wall when it was rehung. He stated that all rooms were being checked for this same safety issue. The only compensation he offered me was the apology and the offer to pay medical bills.

The desk clerk and the housekeeping staff were kind and seemed concerned about what had happened. But in general the incident was treated as if it was not big deal.

On Saturday afternoon we were moved to a first floor room which was what I had reserved to begin with. Part of the reason for the move was that the toilet had overflowed that morning.

All in all the experience was not a good one. This was the third year in a row we had stayed at this hotel. Previous stays had been fine.

2  Thank Sue L
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed two nights and it was fine. The hallways didn't smell so great but our room was OK. Continental breakfast was plenty adequate. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Genealogy museum was handy and staff healpful