“love it! ”

Kentucky Fudge Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Harrodsburg
Cuisines: Cafe, Pub
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Historic Soda Fountain/ Pharmacy now a casual restaurant/ pub/soda fountain
Danville
“love it! ”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

First, the inside is absolutely beautiful! They really have tried to keep the pharmacy feel utilizing original display cases and shelves. Secondly the food is TO DIE FOR! It's so so delicious. Wheat her you're getting a quick ice cream treat or sitting down for lunch you will have an amazing experience. We are locals and we go at the very least once a week. Super friendly staff and the whole place is very very clean

Frankfort, Kentucky
“Charming and Delicious”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Kentucky Fudge Company is a charming restaurant in this historic town that will take you back many years since the building formerly housed a pharmacy. There are displays on the wall of old products that were sold there back in the first half of the 20th century. There is also a soda fountain that adds to the quaintness of the restaurant. My wife and I both had gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, both delicious, while my wife had tomato bisque soup and I had homemade cole slaw. Both were very good. In fact, my wife said it was the best tomato bisque soup she has ever eaten. Besides sandwiches, the restaurant also offers various desserts, from pie to ice cream to cookies. My wife finished off her meal with a scoop of chocolate ice cream on a sugar cone. The restrooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and courteous. I'd advise checking out restaurant's website to get information about the history of the place, menu, etc. It is certainly a restaurant I'd recommend and return again.

• Visited July 2014
Amelia, Ohio
“Nice setting, very good sandwiches”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The selection of food, desserts and ice cream are excellent. My wife and I got sandwiches and sat out on the back deck. Not a great view, but comfortable. The sandwiches were excellent. I had the Applewood bacon BLT. Very well done.

The set up can be a little confusing. Order at the counter and they deliver to the table. There's a small bar. It may be a Kentucky process, but there's no alcohol on the menu board. I believe you have to consume in the bar.

• Visited June 2014
“What a cool place. ”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Cool old fashion diner with a great menu selection. You can easily spend an hour just browsing all the neat stuff on display. Since I've never been here the staff was awesome in helping me with a lunch selection.

2 Thank Whammie787
“Nostaliga and Great Food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

While visiting Shaker Village we ventured into Harrodsburg for lunch. We liked the reviews the Kentucky Fudge Co. had gotten on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Since the restaurant can not have a grill, they bake their hamburg in a loaf and slice it...hence, meatloaf! I had the Riley and it was delicious and was a more than generous portion! My husband had the ham and cheese, but while it was good, it was nothing special and he ended up eating half of my sandwich! Service was good and, the wait staff seemed to know how to smile. We decided to share a banana split and it was custom made the old fashion way and was excellent. Would we recommend this restaurant....you bet! Would we go back....absolutely.

• Visited May 2014