“Great meal in an awesome setting!”

The Trustees' Table
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Harrodsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dine on traditional favorites and seasonal Kentucky dishes prepared with straight-from-the-garden ingredients. Steeped in tradition, The Trustees' Table's menus celebrate Shaker Village's roots by featuring dishes made of seasonal ingredients from our garden and local farmers. Guests can count on finding classic Southern menu items, such as fried chicken, corn pudding, tomato celery soup, cole slaw and corn muffins. The menus also offer dishes inspired by the seasons, changing based on the freshest locally available ingredients.
“Great meal in an awesome setting!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We lucked into being able to get reservations for this restaurant. A friend has recommended it and we didn't realize that we should have reservations. Luckily, a spot was available for us. We had the Country Tart which was delicious. Dessert was good, too.

• Visited March 2013

USA
“Top Drawer”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were visiting family in Harrodsburg and decided to have dinner in the dining room at Shaker Village. We ate in the Winter Kitchen and the atmosphere and food were excellent. The rolls are homemade and come to the table hot and delicious. My husband and I ordered the crabcakes, and they were the best we have ever eaten. We are both from the coast of VA and know great seafood, these were perfection. Huge lumps of white crab meat and very little else. Our cousin ordered the creamed chicken and it was also to die for. Our severs were very attentive and friendly, all around it was a great night with great food.

• Visited February 2013
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Looking (without success) for someplace my daughter & I could have a special dinner for Christmas Eve, I called many places in and around Harrodsburg. After driving 11 hours, I figured we would just eat at her apartment on Sunday (day before Xmas Eve) but, last minute, we called Shaker Village. What a pleasure!

We ordered bigger than usual, planning to have leftovers. That nearly didn't work because everything was so good. Having just moved South, daughter tried her first catfish (lightly breaded and, I think, fried but maybe baked) while I went for Southern fried chicken with a side of ham (generous bone-in cut). Waiting for meal, we savored the mix of mostly pickled veggies (baby corn, sweet pickles, whole okra, green & black olives, plus carrots and celery) and bread rolls.

When meal was served, we quickly figured out that "passing" side dishes means our waiter offered generous helpings of boiled new potatoes, Lima beans and corn pudding, all of which were fresh and tasty (read "no leftovers"). In fact, 1-1/2 pieces of chicken, most of the ham & a bite of fish was about it to take home. Plus 3 desserts (minus one bite of each). Bread pudding with bourbon sauce, fudge-nut-chocolate delight and lemon pie (new to us, made with real slices of lemon).

In short, wonderful meal in a pleasant setting with friendly service.

• Visited December 2012
Richmond, Kentucky
“Excellent Dinner Experience”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I recently dined at the Dining Room at Shaker Village. We had not been there for several years; however we were pleased to find that the food was exceptions, as always. We had the country ham dinner which was delicious. For dessert I had the bread pudding with carmel sauce; it was one of the best bread puddings I have ever had. Prices were reasonable; and service was great. We won't wait so long to go back.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“An Amazing Experience”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed overnight at the village, so it seemed natural for us to eat at the restaurant. It's not just any restaurant...they provide a full experience that involves so much more than just the food. The staff is dressed in Shaker clothing, and the decor is very simple and tasteful. It makes you feel as though you are stepping back in time. The food is delicious, and they offer very good servings. I think breakfast was my favorite. We ate some muffins that were better than anything we have tasted anywhere else.

Visited June 2012