“I was hoping for better.”

Clouds Country Cooking
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Harrodsburg
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I live 2 hours north of Cloud's and only pass through Harrodsburg occasionally. The last time I was there was about one year ago. Today I ate at Cloud's and, overall, the food was disappointing. I had read on the internet that the cajun grilled catfish at Cloud's was good so I ordered it and a tasteless catfish filet that had almost no cajun spices was served to me. The creamed peas were not good, but the corn pudding was quite good. My spouse ordered meatloaf that lacked seasoning. Her fried okra and corn pudding was acceptable. The wait staff were reasonably fast and friendly and did keep our iced tea refilled. Overall, Cloud's will never be able to keep up with the competition from Cracker Barrel and Red Rooster Cafe (downtown Danville) which is only 10 minutes south of here. We left wishing we had gone to Red Rooster Cafe (downtown Danville) or Cracker Barrel instead. On Sunday's Cloud's does not open for breakfast ( a negative) and closes at 3 pm on Sundays, which is way to early to close. We don't plan on stopping at Cloud's anymore when Red Rooster Cafe (downtown Danville) and Cracker Barrel (in Danville) has much better food.

Susan C, Owner at Clouds Country Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Thank you for visiting with us. One of the things Cloud's Country Cooking prides itself in is the personal service. We understand everyone has different preferences and are willing to go out of our way to keep our customers happy. Most of our menu items are cooked to order, so if you like a little extra zing we are happy to oblige. We appreciate your thoughts and would love the opportunity to serve you again.

There are newer reviews for Clouds Country Cooking

Reviewed April 8, 2011

I'd heard a lot about Cloud's and was looking forward to digging into some good country cooking. A friend and I arrived at 6:05 PM to a busy house, and were seated in the back room by a teenaged boy who couldn't have been less interested in being there. At 6:15, we flagged down a server and asked if we could at least order drinks, and she went ahead and took our whole order. At 6:30 we flagged down another server and asked if we could get our salads. At 6:53 we went looking for a server to see when our food might be ready. A couple of minutes later she showed up at our table with food that was lukewarm and had clearly been sitting several minutes. The servers were friendly, but the wait was way too long for mediocre food.

2  Thank CentralKyGal
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This place was an experience. Nice folks, but....... This is "country cooking", so very little fresh, healthy food can be found on the menu. The place was not very clean (greasy menus, stuff on the floor, cobwebs in the corners). Strange gift shop. Odd selection of stuff. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of choices in this town.

1  Thank julibeth
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We liked it, the prices and food were great. It is not a fancy location or decor, but makes up for it in food quality and the service. We were happy it was recommended to us by hotel clerk.