“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Charlotte, NC
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We have enjoyed our two week stay at Days Inn Harrodsburg. The staff is wonderful and has gone out of their way to make us comfortable. The rooms are great and location is very convenient. We will definitely stay at the Days Inn when working in Harrodsburg.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lexington
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I had the misfortune of my car breaking down while traveling through Harrodsburg. I contacted my warranty company and they were to coordinate the tow service. To my dismay, the warranty only covers a small amount and they wanted to charge way too much. I broke down in front of the Days Inn and walked in to borrow their restroom. The front desk clerk was extremely kind. He overheard my conversation regarding the tow fee and recommended a local service. Their fee was half. In addition, he quickly offered me something to drink, fruit and access to their internet in the lobby. The gentleman was Barley McQueary...and quite an asset to that Days Inn. Hopefully, I will not experience another breakdown anytime soon but if I am as fortunate to be near a business with wonderful staff, I will make it a positive experience.

Thanks again Bartley

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Yonkers, NY
Reviewed February 21, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on February 10 while I was in town for my grandmother's 100th birthday. The front desk clerk was very nice and made me feel like I was a welcomed guest. The price before taxes was under $50, but the room was worth a lot more. I guess that was the winter special or something. The room had a king sized bed, a recliner, a sofa, a table and chairs, a fridge, and a microwave. The Internet speed was blazing fast. The rooms were very clean as was the lobby and exterior areas. There was no restaurant next door, but everything including a super Wal-Mart was just 2 miles away. The front desk clerk was very helpful in recommending a place to eat. After eating, I basically went back to my room, took care of some emails, watched HBO and then slept through the night undisturbed. The heater was quiet and I had to turn it down on low before I went to bed. That morning, I had breakfast which was pretty well stocked including fruit, bagels, pastries, and Folger's coffee. The manager at the front desk was very nice and asked if I was pleased with my stay before he gave me my receipt.

I don't know about the review below me, but I think they MUST have stayed at a different hotel. This one is great for the solo traveler. Although it was out of town a little ways, it was in a very nice neighborhood. It had an 18 hole golf course next door and some pretty nice homes. Really put me at ease.

I will be staying here again for my grandmother's 101st!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Cincinnati
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Other than the lack of any aesthetic elements in this hotel, it was also just plain dirty. The floors hadn't been swept, the furniture was filthy and in disrepair, and judging by the bites I now have all over my body, the bed was full of bedbugs. If I had been smart I would have gone with my initial response and walked out as soon as I saw my room. An extra 10 or 20 dollars is absolutely worth it for a different hotel. Also, the "complimentary breakfast" consists of (most likely stale) bagels and not much else... Though I would have to say that the filthy kitchen prevented me from partaking.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SarahGG
DaysInnHarrodsburg, Assistant Manager at Days Inn Harrodsburg, responded to this review, February 23, 2009
We have never had a guest complain about bed bugs or pests of any kind. We are treated very often by Terminex to meet our high standards that we set for guest satisfaction.

Our rooms, breakfast, and breakfast room all comply to the high standards set by Days Inn. Our breakfast certainly consists of a lot more than bagels. The rooms are vacuumed after each guest checks out and our cleaning staff is rated very highly by our customers.

Furthermore, we attempted to find this guest in our system. Going back through the first 12 days of January, we could find no guest from Cinicinatti or other parts of Ohio. Therefore, I must seriously doubt that the reviewer even stayed here. We certainly did not get a complaint from Corporate or directly from the guest.

Travelers are raving about these Harrodsburg hotels

ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Stay on the night of June 7th after a daytime high of 90 degrees in a room on the west side of the building (brick).
Turn the room A/C to high and lowest setting, after two hours the room was still hot. I got a thermometer and measured the air coming directly from the A/C unit, it was only 70 degrees. I ask for a change of room, but its A/C unit was no better. The room was still uncomfortable the next morning.

At check out I ask the manager to credit my frequent stay account, he said he would, but his body language told me he would NOT. He also could not provide me with a computer generated receipt.

• Disliked — The Hot room !
  • Stayed June 2007
Oak Ridge, TN
Reviewed June 11, 2007

We've stayed in Days Inn in various locations over the years and they have our confidence. For the most part, this hotel was typical of what you'd expect from a Days Inn. However, they must have been experiencing some staffing problems. We found hairs on the sheets and a soiled pillowcase--that obviously had not been changed! Upon complaining and asking for clean linens (which we were willing to change ourselves), the sole attendant had to lock up the lobby in order to obtain replacement linens. Although we didn't ask, there was no offer to reduce the bill for our overnight stay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — housekeeping slipup
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank TNDavidO
Northern Kentucky
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Stayed one night at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. The rooms were exta large and very clean. The pool was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was simple, but good and the service was excellent. Would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if in the area. It wasn't historic or fancy, but it was very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrodsburg
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
#3 of 5 in Harrodsburg

Been to Days Inn Harrodsburg? Share your experiences!