“A little pricey”

Days Inn Harrodsburg
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ended up staying here three nights. The hallways smell stale, but it is probably because they are hot and not air conditioned, a little ventilation goes a long way.
The room was big and clean with a little balcony I could step out on and watch the neighboring houses. The beds are firm, had a little back soreness after the 3rd night.
The TV is not a flat screen nor does it have any rca jacks. Online it didn't say it had a fridge so I was pleasantly surprised when I heard it whirring in the cabinet. No microwave though.
The internet signal was a bit week but I didnt have any trouble connecting to it, speed test showed. a 1.77 Mbps download and a 0.80 Mbs upload. Easy access but it is about 1.5 miles to any restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 23, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine P
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here on a road trip through KY. My mother got four bites of some kind while laying in the bed. And we found a rather large bug crawling near the bathroom. When we brought it to the manager's attention the customer service was bad. He apologized, but that was all. No offers of compensation or anything. And when we showed up for breakfast it was almost all gone. We stayed on a non-smoking floor and the hallway reeked of smoke. Again, the manager did nothing when we told him.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Elayton328
Reviewed May 16, 2013

All was adequate. Nothing extraordinary, but enough for a night's stay. However the Folgers Coffee was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ended up at the Days Inn because the usual spots my company prefers were booked. Through a booking error (on my end) my flight and car started on Sunday but the hotel was booked starting on Friday (i.e. 7 days). So when I showed up I had been a 'no show'.

Fortunately there was plenty of space available (general note - when every hotel in the area is booked solid and one has plenty of space ... not a good sign!) and I got a room. The policy (apparently) is to fully bill no-shows, rather than bill one night and cancel reservation as I would have expected. The indication from the front desk as I under was that they would try to adjust things so I only paid for the 5 nights I would stay.

Then they sent me to a room ... which was not only dirty, but also uncleaned! Someone else had stayed there and the bed was used and the bathroom disgusting. Back to the front desk.

Second room was acceptable - I could stay there. It was bare bones, but they kept things clean. The facility was old and in need of updates and somewhat musty, but the room didn't smell bad and my sheets were clean, as was the floor and bathroom. Not the best room ... but I have stayed in worse.

But I would never stay there again. Why?
- Putting me in a dirty room - if I could have gotten another room I would have left on the spot.
- Tissues were empty all week ... I didn't need them badly, but still - basic services!
- Toilet paper roll not changed even when left empty. Self service?
- Trash not emptied one day.
- Erratic internet service with very slow speeds ... even in a nearly empty hotel!

But worst of all, I didn't get a receipt when leaving - the person at the desk didn't know what to do and was going to hand-write something, but said I should get one electronically. That didn't happen, so I had to call back, and was able to arrange an electronic receipt - but found out that I WAS being charged for 7 nights and basically there was nothing to do.

Oh, except NEVER stay there again, make sure others know about it, and write a review here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank txa1265
Reviewed April 12, 2013

i stopped here for one night during my work travel. I found the gentleman at check in just great, friendly and very customer centric. The room was larger than some i have paid much more for. It is obviously and older location with not much else around, but it was very quiet and I slept very well. Good pressure in the shower. I found the breakfast the same as other days inn locations. Overall, a good value for the price i paid. I would stay again.

Room Tip: perfectly fine for a one night stay.