“out of the way stay”

Days Inn Harrodsburg
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My stay at this hotel was one laugh after another! I came to town for a job interview the next morning. I didn't want to have to drive from east Lexington that morning, so I thought I would get a good night's sleep and then go to my interview fresh.
I arrived at 4:30 in the afternoon to check in and was greeted by front desk clerk who had me laughing so hard I couldn't hardly fill out the registration. My room was on the third floor and I enjoyed a beautiful view of the pool. Despite being close to a major highway, the room was quiet. I slept like a stone.
When I came down for breakfast that morning, I was greeted with the sound of laughter and applause. I went into the breakfast area and the general manager, Paul, was standing on one of the tables on one foot balancing a tall stack of dishes in each hand! I was just in time for the finale' when his wife started tossing grapes at him- and he caught every one of them in his mouth while on one foot and balancing the dishes! It was the most incredible thing I had ever seen! Of course everyone applauded.
Later he explained that he grew up working in the circus and had been an acrobat until he broke his ankle at the age of 15.
I had a wonderful time and was in an excellent frame of mind for my interview which I aced! I look forward to staying here again and would recommend it to anyone that likes to have a good laugh!

Room Tip: Ask about the third floor balcony rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sarah B
tucson,AZ
Reviewed July 1, 2012

But to make it up to average they need to invest in a big bottle of bleach and then use it to clean the bathroom. Also, the arm chairs really need to be replaced. The arms are sticky. Otherwise, not a terrible place to spend a night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, VA
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel itself was old and worn. It needs a remodel..The A/C was too loud to sleep well. It was after 4 PM and we had to wait while they checked to see if our room was ready. The front desk was friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable. The price was reasonable, although the rooms were not too clean. The bedding was old and worn. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before checking in.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank James S

Travelers are raving about these Harrodsburg hotels

Parkersburg, WV
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hotel itself was average. It needs a remodel. It was clean and the area seemed safe.The A/C worked fine. The hotel staff really are **5 star**. They were very friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable about the area attractions,resturants, and driving directions. The price was reasonable, the rooms clean and spacious, the staff spectacular.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
MideeP, Manager at Days Inn Harrodsburg, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you soon again at our hotel.
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed here on an overnight getaway and found this to be a rather nice hotel.

It's obviously an older property, but everything is clean and in good working order.

I cashed in a free Wyndham Rewards night and got a suite with a king bed, microwave and refrigerator, and two armchairs and a sleeper sofa. Everything was in good working order. Plenty of channels on the television, and very fast wifi. Wifi is password protected, so be sure to get the password from the front desk clerk. Decent, but not great water pressure in the shower. The room was clean and well-kept. The bed was comfortable. On the hottest day of the year so far, the air conditioner was able to cool the oversized room down.

This facility has both inside and outside corridor rooms and has an elevator to make access to the upper floors easier.

It is in a good location on US 127. It's listed as being in Harrodsburg and is a couple of miles south from the Harrodsburg business district. It's also only about 8-10 miles north of Danville, which has more restaurants and shopping to choose from. It's a bit tricky to find if you are coming north from Danville, however, as there is no median crossover right at the entrance to the parking lot. You have to go a little past the sign and make a u-turn to pull into the front entrance.

I did not eat the breakfast so I cannot pass judgment on it, but it was listed as being a continental breakfast.

This hotel strikes me as being an excellent place for anyone doing the US 127 World's Longest Yard Sale trip to stay if they are visiting this part of Kentucky.

Even though I cashed in a free night, the prices listed on DaysInn.com seem reasonable for this facility. I would certainly consider staying here again if I needed overnight accommodations in the Harrodsburg/Danville area.

A couple of cautions: The motel is very close to a golf course. They were having some sort of event there so music was blaring from the clubhouse. The motel is also located in front of a residential area and vehicles use the parking lot as a shortcut to and from the residences, so it's busier than one would normally expect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
mintidesai, Manager at Days Inn Harrodsburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them. Hope to see you soon again at our hotel.
Minti
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Got charged with a "no show" charge after canceling by phone. Of course, I have no proof I talked to to lady. Even raised the rates of the "no show" from the $56 rate to $79 rate. Stayed there twice, first time the room was kind-of OK, second time not very clean, mold on the exterior wall. Ice machine not working, vending machines empty.... Be careful!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
mintidesai, Manager at Days Inn Harrodsburg, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
I am sorry for the inconvenience. You can reach me at the office from 8 am till 2 pm and I will try to resolve this matter asap. Thank you for considering our hotel for your accommodations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrodsburg
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
#3 of 5 in Harrodsburg

Been to Days Inn Harrodsburg? Share your experiences!