“Nice Stay in Historic Inn”
Review of Beaumont Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrodsburg
Beaumont Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Harrodsburg B&B and Inns
Marlton, New Jersey
“Nice Stay in Historic Inn”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

This is not a fancy hotel, but I found it comfortable enough and relaxing. We were here on a holiday weekend and unfortunately their main restaurant, tavern, and most restaurants in the town were closed so it made it a bit difficult to have dinner. But the accommodations were clean and quite quaint. You felt like you were in a private home. There were some lawn swings outside and the pool was large and refreshing. The thing I liked most, however, was the morning breakfast. You had a large variety of items to choose from at breakfast as well as a buffet of fresh fruit and some other items. Everything was delicious. There is an elevator here, but it was a bit slow. They also had an antique piano in the living room making it a homey feel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Ohio-Indiana-Kentucky
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We loved this antique-filled, historic but clean and friendly place. Our room was large, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. Hanging out in the room was a joy. We ate in the dining room and at the Tavern. If you want a very romantic dinner, go with the dining room. The food was good--the wine list was great. The food in the Tavern was cheaper--and even better than the dining room, if you ask me. I loved the pulled pork and it isn't even considered their speciality. We got some excellent advice on Kentucy whiskies and beers there. While I enjoyed the history Harrodsburg has to offer, for me the desination will be the Beaumont Inn itself.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DianaRae
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This is a great place to go to feel like you are going back to visit the old South. It's in an antebellum building that once housed a girl's school. Their restaurant features southern style "yellow legged chicken" (finger lickin' good fried), Robert E. Lee orange cake, and for breakfast light and fluffy corn cakes. Their minted grapefruit juice is also outstanding. The rooms are decorated with antiques and many have non burning fireplaces. You can enjoy playing a tune on the piano in the front parlor or looking at their salt cellar collection displayed there. There are a few antique malls in town, and the nearby town of Nonesuch, specializes in antique shops. Quaker Village at Pleasant Hill is just a few miles down the road. And, ladies, The Beaumont Inn has an outstanding gift shops ever, that sells very high quality merchandise.

Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LoisH3
chicago
Reviewed February 18, 2010

A few years ago my mother moved from Illinois to Tennessee and with our busy schedules, we rarely get time to get together. It just so happened that my husband and his father were on their way to West Virginia to visit family, and I arranged to "hitch a ride" and meet my mom in Louisville. I found the Beaumont Inn, which seemed like the perfect place because my mom and me are huge history buffs! The staff was very helpful; the first room we were given was one queen sized bed, and when we asked for 2 beds, they gave us a different room with no problems!

The grounds were beautiful, and you could spend hours looking through all of the stuff in the hallways. The only problem was that the grounds were rather small, and there wasn't much to walk, but for those that do like to walk, there is a walking tour through downtown Harrodsburg, thats about 4 miles or so, so get your walking shoes on!!

We stayed mid-week, and ate the free breakfast offered each morning. It was delicious! My mom is a vegaterian, and I am not, and it offered plenty for each of us. She never left the table hungry, that is always a concern of mine when finding a place for us.

This was a great experience! It was my frist B&B, and now me and my mom are starting a tradition where we pick a state, find a bed and breakfast, and meet up! I will never stay at a traditional hotel again if given a chance to stay at a great B&B with great breakfasts, and such history and unique experiences! Why would anyone???

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank phoenixrose23
Saugatuck, Michigan
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Great place to stay for those you love history and want to stay in historic surroundings. The grounds and Inn are beautiful and the staff very welcoming and accomodating. The dining room is excellent for dinner with amazing Fried Chicken as well as numerous other delicious offerings. Breakfast was included with the room rate and the corn cakes are to die for. On the down side, the rooms are in need of some updating to make them more comfortable. We stayed in a "gold" level room in the main Inn. Our room was quite large with 2 double beds but the bathroom on the other hand was tiny with little room for personal items. The room was clean but the matresses were lumpy and noticably stained. There were only a few people in the Inn the weekend we stayed, so the interior of the Inn was quiet. However, the problem on the 1st night of our stay was a Demolition Derby being held at a nearby race track that went on until 4am with an exteremely loud PA system and car engines reving all night. Not the quiet, restfull night in the country we had hoped for. As this is an old building, the windows are not double payned and outside noises do filter in. I would advise checking the local activities calender for Harrodsburg before booking a room at this Inn.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gary1227
Lexington, Ky.
Reviewed July 26, 2009

$22.95 for Sunday Brunch way too pricey for a limited Buffet. Growing up in Lexington, I have long heard about the Inn and the Restuarant, unfortunately I/We, were greatly disappointed. Cold fish and dry chicken left us with the worst impression. The "famous" Bread pudding and corn casserole were a delight, but not enough to bring us back. Updating the decor and enhancing the menu is necessary to justify the price of brunch. I expect an omelet/carving station and expanded dessert selection to justify a destination restaurant experience.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jcolind42
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We stayed here recently on a Wednesday night. They were painting in the main house and the fumes bother me, so they put us in the Goddard House. Our reason for staying here was a family funeral, and they were kind enough to give us a bereavement rate. The room was bright, clean and had large writing desk and a comfortable bed . The grounds were in bloom and gorgeous. We loved the quiet and peace at this difficult time. The staff were outstanding as well. We got in late from visitation, but had time to grab a bite in the Owl Lounge. What a nice space! Lively group at the bar watching a game, but comfortable seating and a small patio area. Blissfully smoke free! My only negative is that neither restaurant is particularly vegetarian friendly. There are a couple appetizers and salads, but the stuffed potatoes had bacon in them and the green beans were seasoned with meat. I realize this is the norm for Southern cooking, but they could offer a vegetable plate (or just a blurb on the menu) and perhaps add an entree to each menu. The breakfast in the dining room was very nice, with great service and soft piano music playing in the background.The grits were perfect! My husband splurged and enjoyed biscuits and gravy and eggs. They also have a buffet with fresh fruit, yogurt, breads and muffins. I would love to come back and stay for a couple days just to relax and unwind. There is a walking trail through the grounds and a nice sized pool as well. I only peeked my head in the gift shop, but it's well stocked with many KY items and other goodies.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LLindaC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrodsburg
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington University / Medical Center
The Farm LLC
The Farm LLC
#1 of 8 in Danville

Been to Beaumont Inn? Share your experiences!