“Beaumont Rendezvous”
Review of Beaumont Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrodsburg
Beaumont Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Harrodsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Three times in summer and once in winter have I visited, takes me back in time like the movie Gone with the Wind. This inn has been a second home to a special friend who has his heart built in one of the pillars of the lodge. We both have established GOOD and VIBRANT memories at every corner specifically the Goddard Hall. I walked and jogged at the walking trails every morning, there's privacy and tranquility.The AC in summer was quite cold, there's no adjustment from the room, that concerns me...breakfast was served every morning with specially made corn cakes. The Old Owl Tavern at night will delight you with their prime meals and our favorite artichoke with blue cheese, yum! We had the swimming pool to ourselves after shopping at the 127 yard sale, what FUN memories...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank chrisfuji

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this beautiful place during a business trip in July 2012. The setting was fabulous, accommodations comfy, staff was friendly, restaurant was great and the history of the place was unbelievable. We spent a lot of time reading about the people, events and how it got to be what it is today. Lots of beautiful antiques throughout the entire building, some with presidential connections. We would definitely stay there again if even back in that area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My mother and I stayed there after a day's drive from North Carolina. I had booked a room online, but something happened with the reservation and I was not booked upon arrival. The innkeeper was very helpful, got us a (large) room on the first floor. The room and inn have beautiful, antique and interesting furnishings. The food was delicious (dinner and breakfast), and having breakfast included in the room rate made the price quite reasonable. The only thing I noticed that was not up to par was the hair dryer (room 8). Very little air force came out of it.. (I meant to mention this at check out, but it slipped my mind.). That small inconvenience, however, did not put a damper on our experience. Highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank unctheel
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Beaumont is very old. I thought it would be a nice place to ghost hunt. I got nothing but pleasantness there and feelings of happiness. The room was exquisite. The food cooked just for me was incredible. If you stay and miss out on the facial and deep tissue massage you have missed the best part.
Those Kentucky corn cakes have been dreamt about since I left.
When I went down to check out I was overcome with feelings of not wanting to leave. Instead of paying I asked, "may I stay again?" one night is not enough at the Beaumont. I'll be back in October.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank LauraSchook
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Beaumont Inn was an absolute bravo experience from start to finish. My wife and I stayed May 25th and 26th in a third story diamond-class room in the main Inn, and it could not have been nicer. The Inn is filled with period antiques and prints from top to bottom. And while that provided a lovely and striking aesthetic, I was constantly in awe of the fact that the Inn, unlike so many beautiful old buildings full of antique wood and paper, never smelled like, well, an old building full of old things. I never detected a musty note anywhere on property. This speaks highly of the diligent and disciplined housekeeping. All the common spaces, as well as our room, were immaculately clean. No small feat in an Inn this size!

We had dinner one night in the dining room, consisting of fried chicken and country ham. The chicken was fried to a medium gold, with perfectly rendered skin and fat for a crispy and very lightly battered exterior. Country ham was outstanding, thinly sliced without being dry, savory and sharp without being “gamey”. Sides were uniformly excellent as well. We also enjoyed happy hour snacks at the Owl Tavern on site. Chicken tenders were very obviously NOT frozen, pulled from a box of food service grade, pre-breaded tenders. They were instantly recognizable as fresh chicken, hand-breaded and fried to order. Spinach artichoke dip was also made from a base of fresh béchamel in the kitchen. It was served still bubbling from the broiler in a large crock, amply supplied with baguette crostinis.

I had breakfast in the main dining room one of our two mornings (breakfast is included in the room rate). The breakfast, buffet-style, is simple and would be good value even if the charge was extra. It’s hard to find much good to say about a buffet meal, but this was quite good. Scrambled eggs were not dry. Sausage was not over-cooked. Bacon was well rendered. Sausage gravy was good. And corn-meal cakes were brought fresh-cooked to my table straight from the kitchen.

For our final night, we opted for an informal meal in the upstairs Owl’s Nest Tavern. I tried the Kentucky Hot Brown, and my wife had a T-bone steak. Again, the meal was uniformly excellent, well-seasoned and well-prepared. All aspects of our meals displayed a careful attention to detail, and suggested a kitchen ethos of simple preparations and consistent execution.
Also of special note concerning the Owl’s Nest Tavern was the wonderful group of locals who congregate there as the resident regulars. It was a constant source of surprise and delight that the Harrodsburg locals gathered at the Owl’s Nest for evening cocktails were such a smart, funny band of witty raconteurs who made conversation an art and their company a pleasure. Thanks to Don, Dana, Laura, Art and everyone else whose names I have certainly missed.

In closing, I would like to personally thank everyone on staff at the Beaumont Inn who made our stay so enjoyable. Thanks to Keith, Josh, and Savannah at the Owl’s Nest. Thanks to Donna, Carol, and Scarlett at the Owl Tavern. Thanks to Heather in the main dining room. Thanks to Marty and Martha at the spa. Thanks to Chef Nathalie in the kitchen. And last, I would like to specifically thank Dixon. It is Dixon’s family who owns the Inn, and with the boundless enthusiasm and energy Dixon constantly displays, I am certain the Beaumont is in safe and steady hands for another generation. There is almost nowhere at the Inn we didn’t bump into Dixon at least once, attending to the myriad tasks and needs of such an establishment with good grace and effortless charm. My hat’s off to you, sir!

So let that be my final endorsement. Not only did we love the place, and have a relaxing and care-free stay, but there was almost no one on staff whose names we did not know, and who failed to make such a favorable impression, that almost a week later, I still remember them all. I think that is the best thing I could possible say about the Beaumont.

3  Thank Adam P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Beaumont Inn to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary. Despite living just an hour away (in Louisville), we hadn't been back in years. To our delight, the Beaumont Inn has improved with age. We didn't get a chance to try the Old Owl Tavern, which is open Monday-Saturday (we ate dinner Saturday night at nearby Shakertown). Sunday morning, after our "full country breakfast" (included in the modest room charge), we tried out the new (for us) swimming pool, as it was beastly hot outside. Amazingly, no one else was there, so we had it for ourselves. When we weren't swimming, we were reading on chaise lounges in a shady spot. Very refreshing and relaxing. The Sunday brunch also was excellent. Go for the classic Southern dishes: fried chicken and country ham. Only downside to the Beaumont are the limited hours of its restaurant. We took a picnic with us to Shakertown, which we enjoyed after a concert by the Lincoln Center Chamber Players. Monday morning, we stayed until the bitter end - about 1 minute to noon - soaking up the antebellum atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and attentive, from the chambermaids to the owner's son, who seated us for our meals. Our vacation ended with a paddlewheel "steamer" ride on the Kentucky River. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $20 or so to get a room in the main building. Try to get the 3rd floor; it's a hik...