“Nice building, Pricey Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Easy to find on the internet as you can Google "Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse." This is a new place that has been in the works for awhile and finally has just opened. It is located on US127 Bypass South (go about 4 miles) on the right. The place is awesome and looks like a large ski lodge.
Kentucky
“Nice building, Pricey Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

My wife and I went there back in December to try it out. Upon entering, the place appeared as if it was a big ski lodge or something. It is actually a beautiful place and to me kind of upscale some. Yes, it is a cabin but it not what I expected before going into the building. We had no wait to be seated.

I myself love a good Ribeye or New York Strip but to pay over $20 for one is not something that I have ever done as I can cook one at home for less than that. I settled for the ribs and my wife got the sirloin which I think was 6 or 8 ounces.

The food came out and was prepared as we requested. We ordered salads that came after the meal but that did not bother me as the place had been opened under a month and they are kinks that will still have to be worked out. The service that came with it was as good as the food in my opinion.

Overall I think it is a great place. With what we ordered, 2 beers and a Coke, the total bill was about $50 or so including tip. I would go back again.

1 Thank kycop604

Central Kentucky
“Beautiful building, but the food and service is lacking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

I've been eagerly awaiting my first trip to Eddie Montgomery steakhouse since it opened about a month ago; I've been waiting for the crowds to die down a bit and for a good time for several of us to attend. My theory is to usually wait for the 'rush' to slow down at a business and you'll get a better idea of what the ongoing food/service will be like.

We called and made reservations for four, and we arrived and were seated promptly. We dined on a Sunday w/ 12 noon reservations. The first thing that you'll notice is the very nice building -- kind of feels like a Rocky Mountain lodge with the high celings, Tall open and window-filled floor-plan, and the rustic decor. It was very clean, the music piped in was at a good volume, the temperature was very comfortable, and the place appeared to be extremely clean. The location is the south side of Mercer County in an undeveloped area, so at this time there are no business within eye view of this one. But that's the end of my first 'good impression'!

There was a modest crowd there -- Not too busy as most churches were just letting out. But probably around twenty tables of people. I really liked the big wall with all the tall windows, looking out at a breathtaking view of... the parking lot!! If I had put that much time into choosing such a striking floor plan, why not place the windows at least overlooking the countryside, but the parking lot??? Who's bright idea was that??

The waiter that we had greeted us and took our drink order while handing us menus. Two of our menus had something spilled on the middle pages and were stuck together, so we had to double up and share menus. The waiter noticed our problems, but didn't offer to bring us a new one. Two of us had asked for a lemon with our water when we ordered our drinks, and when he returned he failed to bring the lemons. We asked nicely for a lemon a second time, and he explained that he doesn't bring a lemon unless it's asked for (hadn't we already done this?). He sat our drinks on the table with no bar napkins under our drinks (this is something that bugs me because I'm kind of compulsive about keeping my table tidy and dry). We politely asked for bar napkins, and within a few minutes he sat down a few in a stack and walked away.

Now we were looking closely at the menu. Where was the lunch menu? It didn't exist! Our choices were either steaks that for the most part run $20 or more, a sandwich, a couple of items of seafood, and a few other choices. Reviewing the prices, they seems a bit flip-flopped. You could get an 8 oz ribeye sandwich with a side of your choice for $10 but if you ordered a similar sized steak not on bread, it cost you more than double. Each of us chose a different entree, and the selections were: 6 oz sirloin ($11), Kentucky Hot Brown ($11), Fettucini Alfredo ($10), and grilled chicken sandwich ($8). I did like that the menu offered your choice of a side item (instead of forcing chips/french fries on us like a lot of menus do). There was a lot of side choices to choose from, and a house salad and asparagus were available as a side without an additional charge.

The waiter brought out some bread to our table, something that we always enjoy and look forward to when we go out to eat. It was covered in butter or oil??? We never could figure out what it was for sure. The bread plate that it came on was covered in this oily stuff and the knife provided was so oily from it you couldn't hold on to it. The bread was tough and rubbery. I think it was a sourdough bread, although not for sure. I honestly think that they had put the bread in the microwave to warm it judging by the rubbery / tough texture. The waiter never removed the bread plate after we had finished eating, nor did he ever offer us more bread.

Our salads took longer than expected to arrive, but they were very fresh. Three of us had a salad, and they put the dressing on the side, something that I like. We all liked the dressings that we had selected, but it was nothing special but no complaints either. All the toppings on our house salads were fresh and the size of the salad was reasonable. I tend to like a salad with salad greens but one of my table mates tens to like a salad with iceburg lettuce. We noticed about half way through our salads that she had the greens blend salad and I had an iceburg. We wished that we had noticed this beforehand because we could have switched the greens and used our dressing of choice. What we really would have liked was if the server had told us there were two types of salad greens available and given us a choice.. Or perhaps just served us all the same type of salad greens (ignorance is bliss!!).

Our food took quite awhile to be served. We did have a steak but it was cooked medium rare so that usually doesn't slow down the serving process. First served was the KY Hot Brown. I sampled it, and it was very good. I loved the cheese sauce on it but the person that ordered it loves tomatoes and loves hot browns because they have tomatoes on top (and the menu stated that there were tomatoes on top). But hers didn't arrive with tomatoes. We didn't notice the lack of tomatoes until after our server had walked away, and it was over ten minutes later when I finally got up and searched for a server to get her a tomato. We asked but he didn't bring it. Finally a host came around and asked if we had everything we needed. I told him we'd asked for her tomatoes but still hadn't gotten them. At that point they showed up within a minute or two.

I got the steak with asparagus. The steak was six ounces e, and I had asked for med-rarand it looked about right. The asparagus was excellent, and the portion size and taste were very good. The steak/asparagus/salad combo wasn't a good deal nor was it the worst steak deal. It was probably more of an "$8.95" steak meal, but it wasn't but a couple of bucks higher. The steak was not a good quality sirloin. It wasn't seasoned at all, was extremely tough too. And the server never offered any steak sauce, and he never showed back up again (until I had finished the steak) so I had no choice but to eat it.

The grilled chicken sandwich came out with the requested sweet potato. The potato was dripping oil ( guess it was melted butter or something) and it completely had soaked the chicken sandwiche's bottom bread. The sweet potato was a good size, cooked well, but it needed to be placed in a seperate dish to contain the oily goo from ruining the sandwich. The sandwich was listed in the menu with swiss cheese but it arrived with american cheese sandwich slice on it. We don't know why they cheese got switched, we didn't ask for it, nor did the server mention that they were out of swiss or that there were cheese options. The person who ordered the sandwich was happy with the different chees choice (she's not a huge fan of swiss) but it had been me, I would have not eaten it with the different cheese. The sandwich was a pretty good value at $7 with the sweet potato. By far the best value of the day.

The last meal served was the fettucini alfredo. This was $10 with No meat (meat was $3-$5 extra). And although the noodles were not overcooked and the sauce was tasty, the serving size was about the same as a Michelana meal (you know.. those little freezer meals that you get in the freezer section at the grocery for a buck!!)... And this was NOT a lunch size serving. It was served at the proper temperature though.

The server refilled the drinks once, but ONLY AFTER every drink had been gone for ten minutes. He never offered another refill, and I didn't feel like getting up and stalking him to get a drink refill near the end of the meal. He never cleared the salad dishes, bread plates, or bread board, straw wrappers, etc. The table was not too big (big enough for four people but add lots of extra dishes and it's too small). And the girl who brought our food out from the kitchen was leaning over the middle of the table to serve (the management needs to have a serious talk with the wait staff about the proper way to sit down a food item at a customer's table).

We didn't eat desert, and although the meal didn't warrant it, left an 18 percent tip and left. We won't be back for a second chance, although I wouldn't mind having another bite of the Kentucky Hot Brown!

Danville, KY
“I have had better steak at Reno's and Applebees!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

We visited this restaurant on Sat, Jan. 2, 2010. We were told that there would be a 1-2 hour wait, we were going to leave when they said there may be a table around the bar. To my surprise, they took us right to a table with no reservation and no waiting time. It actually was not around the bar but close to super nice fireplace with logs going. Thank goodness for that because we were beside a double door that smokers were going in and out of to smoke and it was freezing that day!

My husband got the soup beans and cornbread which he said was very good. I got a salad and my dressing was supposed to be on the side. I ended up with a salad that had the dressing mixed in with it. I was ok with this as the salad was pretty good. I got done eating my salad and another salad with ranch on the side was brought to me. I think this shows a lack of experience and communication amongst the staff.

Our waitress did inform us that it was her first night and she didn't seem to know th menu at all. She was very friendly and coureous towards us so I was pleased with her. She kept our drinks filled all the time! After being there about 30-45 minutes, she brought us bread. This bread was so hard that I thought I would chip a tooth on it. The garlic butter was very good though.

My husband and I got the same thing, maybe we should have gotten something different. We both got the Iron Skillet Sirloin and you get on side and so that was my salad. I think every restaurant I have EVER been to gives at least 2 sides. I thought this steak may be served in a skillet. But Nope a small steak with mushrooms and onions was brought out on a huge plate. My husband enjoyed the shoestring french fries although I doubt they were fresh probably frozen. The steak was SUPER GREASY and it fell apart when I tried to cut it. It had no seasoning on it at all. Basically tasted like pure grease.

I was pretty disappointed but considering that the restaurant was new, I would probably give it another try but would definitely order something different!! The restaurant itself is like a log cabin inside and is super nice if you want to pay for the atmosphere. Eddie did personally visit our table to greet us which I thought was very nice also.

Kentucky
“A truly good steak at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

We ate there the day after Christmas. Our group had the filet, sirloin, and salmon.All were good. My filet was cooked medium rare and was perfect. All meat appears to be fresh - none of that frozen stuff. Sides and appetizers also were very good. The building itself is very impressive and the entertainment was enjoyable. I think Eddie visited every table . A really enjoyable dining experience.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Very Impressed...Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

My in-laws and I were able to secure reservations for private dining before the official public opening of the Eddie Montgomery Steakhouse on December 21, 2009. Admittedly, my expectations were low as I expected poor food and high prices due to the celebrity marketing and ownership, however I was willing to try it out once to at least say that I had been there.
Upon entry to the restaurant, we were greeted by friendly staff and an elegant, but welcoming, interior. Shortly after our arrival we were seated close to the fire place and bread and drinks were brought promptly. I must say, the bread was the biggest hit! It was excellent as was the garlic butter they give you for it.
Inspection of the menu exceeded my expectations not only in price, but in that of variety. We did not order any appetizers, yet we all got either a salad or soup with our meal. I ordered a sirloin, with low expectations of quality while my husband, and the majority of his family, ordered the beef tenderloin. I was disappointed and very surprised when I was told that although my meal came with a salad, I could not substitute a soup. I find that most higher end restaurants will accommodate this request, however I did accept the charge for a cup of chili and found it to be spicy, yet excellent in quality and taste.
After quite some time of waiting, our meal was finally brought out to us. The steaks were all cooked to the request of the individual. Four of us did have to wait, as the kitchen staff failed to properly dress the baked potatoes as requested, however their error was promptly taken care of.
The steaks were a small piece of heaven. WOW! I was blown away in the flavor, texture and quality of my sirloin and that of my husband’s beef tenderloin. My pre-conceived ideas as to quality, taste and price were totally blow out the door. I believe we paid $15.99 or there about for my husband’s beef tenderloin, baked potato and salad and it by far exceeded the Filet Migeons that we usually get at Malone’s, Chop House, or Logan’s in Lexington and for far less cost! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his salad and loved his meal.
At the end, we all ordered dessert and found that to be equally as good. I personally ordered the brownie and it was beyond a doubt the biggest cut of brownie I have ever received at a restaurant. It was at least ¼ to 1/3 of a normal brownie pan! Being nine months pregnant, I still had no problem putting it all down, but I did leave totally stuffed and happy.
The only “complaints” that I had, if you even want to call it that, was the time waiting on dinner to arrive, the inability to substitute a soup in place of a salad, and our waitress’s lack of experience.
In totally for a party seven after being served dessert, it was a two hour meal. Our waitress, although super nice and polite, was obviously green at waitressing it is showed. Even with this in mind, it would not hinder my decision to patronize the establishment again, nor my recommendation of same.
Currently we have reservations for January 2, 2010, and I only hope the baby decides to come before or after that date, as I sure am looking forward to going back! I would highly recommend Eddie Montgomery’s Steakhouse and would I will go so far as to say that it is a rival to, and perhaps better than, any fine steakhouse in Lexington, Kentucky. It is a drive to Harrodsburg for many, but not only is it a fine experience, it is fine dining at its best on a tight budget!
A++