“A truly good steak at a reasonable price.”
Review of Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Easy to find on the internet as you can Google "Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse." This is a new place that has been in the works for awhile and finally has just opened. It is located on US127 Bypass South (go about 4 miles) on the right. The place is awesome and looks like a large ski lodge.
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We ate there the day after Christmas. Our group had the filet, sirloin, and salmon.All were good. My filet was cooked medium rare and was perfect. All meat appears to be fresh - none of that frozen stuff. Sides and appetizers also were very good. The building itself is very impressive and the entertainment was enjoyable. I think Eddie visited every table . A really enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

My in-laws and I were able to secure reservations for private dining before the official public opening of the Eddie Montgomery Steakhouse on December 21, 2009. Admittedly, my expectations were low as I expected poor food and high prices due to the celebrity marketing and ownership, however I was willing to try it out once to at least say that I had been there.
Upon entry to the restaurant, we were greeted by friendly staff and an elegant, but welcoming, interior. Shortly after our arrival we were seated close to the fire place and bread and drinks were brought promptly. I must say, the bread was the biggest hit! It was excellent as was the garlic butter they give you for it.
Inspection of the menu exceeded my expectations not only in price, but in that of variety. We did not order any appetizers, yet we all got either a salad or soup with our meal. I ordered a sirloin, with low expectations of quality while my husband, and the majority of his family, ordered the beef tenderloin. I was disappointed and very surprised when I was told that although my meal came with a salad, I could not substitute a soup. I find that most higher end restaurants will accommodate this request, however I did accept the charge for a cup of chili and found it to be spicy, yet excellent in quality and taste.
After quite some time of waiting, our meal was finally brought out to us. The steaks were all cooked to the request of the individual. Four of us did have to wait, as the kitchen staff failed to properly dress the baked potatoes as requested, however their error was promptly taken care of.
The steaks were a small piece of heaven. WOW! I was blown away in the flavor, texture and quality of my sirloin and that of my husband’s beef tenderloin. My pre-conceived ideas as to quality, taste and price were totally blow out the door. I believe we paid $15.99 or there about for my husband’s beef tenderloin, baked potato and salad and it by far exceeded the Filet Migeons that we usually get at Malone’s, Chop House, or Logan’s in Lexington and for far less cost! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his salad and loved his meal.
At the end, we all ordered dessert and found that to be equally as good. I personally ordered the brownie and it was beyond a doubt the biggest cut of brownie I have ever received at a restaurant. It was at least ¼ to 1/3 of a normal brownie pan! Being nine months pregnant, I still had no problem putting it all down, but I did leave totally stuffed and happy.
The only “complaints” that I had, if you even want to call it that, was the time waiting on dinner to arrive, the inability to substitute a soup in place of a salad, and our waitress’s lack of experience.
In totally for a party seven after being served dessert, it was a two hour meal. Our waitress, although super nice and polite, was obviously green at waitressing it is showed. Even with this in mind, it would not hinder my decision to patronize the establishment again, nor my recommendation of same.
Currently we have reservations for January 2, 2010, and I only hope the baby decides to come before or after that date, as I sure am looking forward to going back! I would highly recommend Eddie Montgomery’s Steakhouse and would I will go so far as to say that it is a rival to, and perhaps better than, any fine steakhouse in Lexington, Kentucky. It is a drive to Harrodsburg for many, but not only is it a fine experience, it is fine dining at its best on a tight budget!
A++