“Interesting Historical Village”

Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Harrodsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill is a landmark destination rooted in the spirit of the Kentuckians that called this place home for more than a century. Discover inspiring legacies, fresh-air adventures and spirited hospitality throughout Shaker Village's 3,000 acres. Onsite amenities include overnight accommodations, dining and catering services, retail shops, historical exhibitions and tours, a farm and garden area, a nature preserve, multi-use trail system, riverboat rides, equestrian stable and an extensive calendar of special programs, activities and events.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a great place to visit if you are interested in the ways that mankind subsisted off of the land. A truly great place for children to get a "glimpse of the way things used to be"... We highly recommend the restaurant for lunch... good old KY food and a great value ! If you are doing the " Bourbon Trail" ... this is a great side stop. I do wish that they had a little better signage as to which buildings were open for tour and which were not..... cost us some extra time in the heat..... nothing like the Shakers endured, I am sure :-) Overall ... do not miss !

There are newer reviews for Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived at 10:00 and did the tour of the central house (highly recommended). We got a good overview of the Shakers and how they lived. This is a fascinating destination of you have an interest in American religious history. Admission also includes other tours and musical performance in the meeting house.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had been to Shaker Village as a young child and vividly remember it. That's why I looked forward to taking my children on a day trip. We booked a tour, wagon ride, and boat ride. The tour was educational, the wagon ride was nice, and the craftsperson demonstrations were second to none. My only minor complaint was the boat ride. It's fine for many; however, my children quickly grew bored of the ride, which lasted for well over an hour. Overall, every employee we encountered at Shaker Village was knowledgeable, professional, and presented information in a manner in which my children and I could understand. I only wish that we could have stayed longer.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a wonderful, educational way to spend an afternoon! We were running short on time and only had a few hours to spend. We could easily have spent several more hours. Great exhibits, wonderful staff and lovely peaceful grounds. We also enjoyed lunch in their restaurant. Mom and I are hoping to return next year with my niece and stay on the property.
Thank you Shaker Village for providing an interesting step back in time!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I cannot help but walk up and down the road through this settlement and feel that somehow, despite our difference in beliefs between myself and the Shakers, that the world as not lost an irrecoverable asset. My mind and my camera never find it hard to find amazing things, from a horse-drawn buggy to just walking down the dirt road, to hearing a voice that could be heard for miles in a singing hall, to the stories of people who lived a magnificent way of life. Pleasant Hill is a Time and Again place to visit, for the story will go on long after the last Shake has passed away.