“Good Barbecue!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Pop's Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: American, Home Cooking, Smoked BBQ, Lunch and Dinner, Plate Lunchs, Buffets, Specials. Good Food and Friendly service.
hardinsburg, KY
“Good Barbecue!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

A gem of a restaurant on Main Street in small town America!! I have eaten here on numerous occasions and have never had a bad meal. My favorite is the pork barbecue and the broccoli casserole. I wasn't really bowled over by the dessert selection but I'm not much of a dessert person. The only downside of the restaurant is that being this is a very small town, the restaurant has had to cut down on the hours they are open because of lack of business, I guess! But I always check when I'm in town to see if they're open so that I can stop in for lunch or dinner!

• Visited September 2012

Irvington, Kentucky
“The best place to eat in Hardinsburg by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Hardinsburg is a small rural town with not much for good food other than a few chain restaurants that are reliable. Pop's barbecue is authentic and original. I'm from Chicago so I pretty much gave up on dining out when I moved to Irvington, KY. Nothing personal but with the exception of a couple of places the restaurant business close to be is pretty gross. Pop's is very inviting from the street and my husband and I were promptly greeted by a wonderfully friendly staff. There are no menus other than the one outside as well as an index card or written board that the waitress will show you but there is a very good selection to choose from. EVERYTHING is homemade! I had fried catfish with apples, mashed potatoes with white gravy and cornbread, real cornbread not sweet Jiffy mix garbage. I also had a side of BBQ sauce - also homemade. My husband had the BBQ pork sandwich with fries. Every single bit of it was fantastic. I mean beyond delicious. You pay at the register and when we did I picked up a slice of cake spiced carrot cake with cream cheese frosting to take home - also amazing. I would go back just to get a slice of cake. At the time I went they had my selection as well as a kit-kat, snickers, butterfinger and red velvet cake. If you're looking for a great place to go in Meade or Breckinridge county do yourself a favor and treat yourself to some Pop's BBQ.

Florida
“A really good "drive-by" find in a tiny rural town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Lauren, our waitress, greeted us and quickly brought out our beverages. She left a hand-printed 3x5 card on the table with the menu choices.
The smoked turkey was moist and yummy, with very good green beans. The mac 'n' cheese was good too.
They were friendly to everyone who came in - it appeared many were locals. Excellent, caring service and very good food.
(Nice, clean ladies room too).

• Visited August 2012