“Great value and location for Land Between the Lakes visitors”

Kenlake State & Resort Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hardin
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The first time I came to Land Between the Lakes, we winged it and ended up staying at a cheap motel in Cadiz. This time I researched before our trip and found Kenlake. I've never stayed at a State Resort Hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The breakfast was included and quite a delicious spread in the restaurant on the ground level overlooking the lake. The waitress was very nice, poured coffee and bussed the tables. The room was nice and comfortable. The bathroom was small (NO counterspace). We didn't have a chance to check out the pool since we were only staying overnight and it was Oct., but we will definitely stay here again. The location for anyone visiting Land Between the Lakes can't be beat and it was a good value!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view of the lake!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RoundHouseCR

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The rooms have been remodeled and are clean and comfortable. Economy priced. The grounds are very well kept and pretty! Love the bird feeders everywhere! My problem with wedding receptions: Had we been told on check in Friday there was a reception, in the lobby, with a live band Saturday night, we could have then made an informed decision whether or not to stay Saturday night. Then on arrival back to the hotel Saturday evening, it was in full swing. I asked the front desk what time it was over and she told me 9:30. At 10 my mother called the front desk and was told they would be done at midnight. At 12:30 I called the desk and was assured all festivities were over and done when they had just moved the party outside and it sounded like it was right behind our room. Cudos - hotel staff did go outside and get them to be quiet but they didn't check later. 2am we could hear them again. So we drove 7 hours home Sunday on only 4 hours of broken/aggravated sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MHughes1024
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My wife and I are nature lovers and frequent the KY State Park Resorts/Lodges. We received a promo for a Valentine's Day getaway at Kenlake, and since this was one park/resort we had yet to visit, we jumped at the opportunity. Because it was a 'getaway package', the price included dinner and breakfast (and was very affordable).

The lodge, which apparently is the oldest in the KY State Park System, was very unassuming, but a decent facility nonetheless. Like some of the other state lodges, a few updates could be made. The rooms are fairly basic, nothing spectacular, but clean and cozy. The view from our room overlooked the lake, but unlike KY Dam Village (also a state resort park) to the north, the Kenlake lodge sits a ways back from the lake. Because the weather was still quite cold, and there was snow on the ground, we didn't venture out of the lodge too much but understood that there are numerous trails for hiking.

Despite the fact that Kenlake ended up not being what we consider to be one of the top lodges in the state park system, we did find the restaurant to be better than most. The food was above average and so was the service.

Overall, I would consider Kenlake to be about average, especially when compared to the other resort parks. I can't say we would or will frequent Kenlake, but if you're looking for a place to stay in the lakes region, it would be worth checking out especially if you can get a package deal/discount.

Room Tip: Check out any package deals or offers.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheLakelander
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I would not recommend the lake lodge what so ever. I have traveled to many of the Kentucky State Park Resorts and this by far is the pits. It reminds me of my old army barracks from the 1960's. The rooms were extremely small and everthing was dated. The bathroom has a pedestal sink with no room to set anything on. I also notice the windows in the room we stayed in did not open or where too small to escape if there were a fire, not sure how they get by with this? We toured the grounds and it was in complete disarray, broken fences, pool in poor shape, landscaping overgrown. It appears everything has been painted over a thousand times, no view what so ver from the room. It appears the Kentucky Park Systems budget cuts have really started to surface. It could be nice but it is not!! Now the postive thing is the staff at the Marina and I wold recommend staying in the cottages. Kentucky start re-investing in your Parks NOW!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Army-Traveler62
Reviewed April 19, 2009

This was our second stay in a KenLake cottage, both times in early Spring. The resort includes a large lodge and individual cabins set away from the lodge. Kenlake Park has a very large marina, indoor tennis courts, an outdoor swimming pool and a golf course.
The cottages include a full kitchen separate large bedroom with TV, large living room with flat screen TV, full cable, and a large screen porch. We stayed there due to it's location next to Land Between the Lakes and not for any of the resort activities and had a good time. We specifically wanted a non-smoking cottage and Kenlake was one of the few Kentucky Resort Parks that offerred one. The restaurant is large but we did not eat there since we had cooking factilities at the cottage. The facility is heavily used for conferences and workshops.
On the negative side, some early season remodeling of three cottages opposite ours created 10 hours of activity Mon-Thurs. Neither the lodge staff nor the website indicated this when I inquired about reservations. After I objected a discount was provided.
We would consider staying there, or another Kentucky State Park Resort in the future.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WisconsinRidgewalker
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We have traveled to Kenlake Resort and Miller golf course from WI with 4-8 men for a long golf weekend the past three years in February. We have stayed in two bedroom cottages each year. The kitchen has a microwave, stove, and refrigerator. The cottages are clean and provide all the necessary amenities, plus the staff is extremely cordial. The cost is very affordable in winter. Five rounds of golf at Miller and three nights stay at Kenlake cost us less than $200 per person.

I am a business travelor and seldom have seen the quality of service you will receive at Kenlake Resort. If you are looking for a quiet getaway, this is the place. We will continue to stay at Kenlake as long as we continue our annual golf trips. I would not hesitate to take a vacation with my family here.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Hoopster26
Reviewed November 24, 2007

We have stayed twice at the Kenlake State and Resort Park in a private three bedroom cottage. We have a family of 5 and the three bedroom cabin is such a wonderful options with 3 children, and very affordable at this state park. We take advantage of the beautiful pool overlooking Kentucky lake, the many playgrounds, golf course, the children's activities that the park offers daily with a list given to you when you check in (our favorite so far was the day the park ranger brought several animals for the children to see including a fox, a huge snake, large birds, a possum and other fascinating animals), and there is a wonderful restaurant in the lodge that we took advantage of when we weren't using the fully equipped kitchen in the cabin. But the best part of our stay is the location, just a few miles away is Land Between the Lakes with so many wonderful places to visit including the Bison Prairie, The homplace (an 1880's representation of a family's home and property including heirloom gardening, animals, outbuildings and literally they still work this farm and you can talk to all of the people there in their full costume-just a great learning experience for our kids!), a small zoo and if you drive to the north you can go to Pattie's 1880's Settlement for an amazing dinner and several shops in a wonderful quaint location. My children range in ages from 3 to 15 and they all enjoy visiting this place. If you had the opportunity to take advantage of the lake (if you owned a boat or rented one) this would be a fantastic spot for fishing and water sports as well. I highly recommend this state park and its facilities!!!

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hmusic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardin
Kentucky Dam Village State Park
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 9 in Murray
Pennyrile Forest State Resort Lodge

Been to Kenlake State & Resort Park? Share your experiences!