“Perfect for a special occasion”

Old Stone Farmhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Farmhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in North Side
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Stone Farmhouse is an award winning, fine dining restaurant. Set in a wooded valley close to the 11th hole of the Mahogany Run Golf Course, this restaurant is located in a 200 year old restored field house on the lush countryside of St. Thomas. It was created as a stable for a nearby Danish sugar plantation, and the walls are more than 2 feet thick. Ceiling fans and breezes blowing through the valley keep the place cool. The building's distinctive character is shown with native stone walls, original hardwood floors, brick arches, and a charming covered palm-lined courtyard. The restaurant features "Chef Inspired" fine dining in an intimate and elegant atmosphere. The cuisine is ingredient driven and will change with each season. The Old Stone Farmhouse is one of the most romantic and elegant dinner settings anywhere, offering old-world charm and a second-to-none dining experience. Personalized attention makes dining here a delight.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary here on recommendations from friends. I love the quaintness of this restaurant. They gave us champagne for our anniversary when we first sat down and then took us to the kitchen to explore the butcher block - a display of scallops, prawns and even kangaroo for us to choose from. We signed the wall on the way back to the kitchen - loved seeing some of the kitchen. I had the strip steak which was delicious and my husband had the scallops - also very good. I would definitely recommend if you are celebrating a special occasion in St. Thomas.
Great wine selection as well!

There are newer reviews for Old Stone Farmhouse

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

For a combination of ambiance, wines and unique ordering experience, this place gets on my top ten list... I absolutely love the ambience and to be on an island in the Caribbean with the history that the "farmhouse" has is a combination hard to beat. Ask Tim about the history and you will find out that you are actually eating in the stables and that once upon a time it was also used as a bruafel. They stock some seasonal wines like 19 Crimes and others that you can sample. Enjoy!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Having had visited this restaurant on our trip last year, we knew we wanted to eat there again. Our second night on the island was when we did. The food was absolutely amazing. The scallops while not very big, were beyond perfect, as was the Waygu beef that I ordered. My husband loved the lobster tail and prawns that he ordered. Service was fantastic and friendly. So much so, that we decided to go back again our last night there. I ordered the same and my husband ordered the aged ny strip. Again, food was to die for. As long as we keep going back to st thomas, we will always visit the old stone farmhouse.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My best friend and I dined a lot of places in the Virgin Islands but this was by far the best experience ever. From the setting, the wine selection, to the Old plantation boiler room where we dine all the way to the tour of the back and us meeting the chef personally. It was truly amazing. The price for the food was reasonable and the food was flavorful and delicious . I loved my experience and I know my best friend enjoyed it as well.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a great time at Old Stone Farmhouse. Our server, Ben, was friendly and took great care of us. The food was quite good--especially the S. African prawn, which was the largest I've ever seen! But the experience as a whole was greater than the sum of its parts. We'll fondly remember our visit and recommend it to friends.