“"Experience" this restaurant”

Old Stone Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in North Side
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Stone Farmhouse is an award winning, fine dining restaurant. Set in a wooded valley close to the 11th hole of the Mahogany Run Golf Course, this restaurant is located in a 200 year old restored field house on the lush countryside of St. Thomas. It was created as a stable for a nearby Danish sugar plantation, and the walls are more than 2 feet thick. Ceiling fans and breezes blowing through the valley keep the place cool. The building's distinctive character is shown with native stone walls, original hardwood floors, brick arches, and a charming covered palm-lined courtyard. The restaurant features "Chef Inspired" fine dining in an intimate and elegant atmosphere. The cuisine is ingredient driven and will change with each season. The Old Stone Farmhouse is one of the most romantic and elegant dinner settings anywhere, offering old-world charm and a second-to-none dining experience. Personalized attention makes dining here a delight.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The ambiance of this restaurant is outstanding. Housed in an old plantation, the setting is both historical and beautiful. The restaurant is in what used to be the old horse stables and the beautiful crafted stone walls are gorgeous. The flooring is a rich hardwood with wide planks and immediately transport you to a luxury status. Diners are invited back to the kitchen to talk to the chef and discuss the latest seafood and other entree selections. On our visit, there was wagyu beef, kangaroo, along with some locally caught fish. The service was EXCELLENT and the wine selection impressive. Definitely a great evening.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have to say I'm baffled by the reviews that mention poor service, although it was not incredibly busy when we were there. Our waitress was delightful and attentive and other members of the staff were checking on us as well throughout the evening. We brought a bottle of Veuve and a bottle of red with us since we were leaving the following morning and wanted to drink them....there was a $25 corkage fee per bottle, which I did think was a little steep. In any case, our server sabred (not sure of the spelling here) the champagne bottle, which was a delight. We are definitely going to learn to do this at home! The food was fabulous and expensive, even for St. Thomas. Still, we would go back.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

On a positive note this is beautiful setting, the menu however is ambitious. Risotto really does contain rice, rather than pasta, no matter what the waiter says and the foie gras starter has to be seen to be believed: it contains so little foie gras you can hardly see it. Our main courses however were fine. We both enjoyed the Chilean sea bass immensely.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was our 2nd visit as we enjoyed the restaurant last year. We had a group of 8. The evening started off wonderful .Drinks all around , then a tour of the kitchen to preview the various items on special. All 8 ordered various specials from ostrich,mahi,shrimp, and I believe Elk or Bison? After order was placed that's when service went downhill , you could clearly see our server was having issues . Ordered another round of drinks , could see them sitting on bar but not being brought to table. If server was "in the weeds " bartender or another server or manager for that matter could have addressed? bread service, appetizers, were brought out, but still no server . He was m.i.a. for a good 15 min. when we did finally receive the round. After the salad course we wished to place another order of drinks , and again the server was nowhere to be found. After waiting another 10 min. and asking another server to get our server and still no response , I went to the bar myself to place order and as I was waiting and drinks are being made the server finally shows up and states he will bring drinks over so I return to my group and again he disappears ? At this point the table is taking bets as to how long it takes for the server to show up, as we can see drinks on bar made and ready to go. I again get up to go retrieve drinks and he reappears and I sit back down and finally we have our drinks. Mind you this is a 2 1/2 hour evening with the cost of almost $1000, and I have to get up and order and retrieve my own drinks , because the server is clearly having issues? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! dinner arrives and all the food was spectacular but again server never checks back and various items are needed , water , ketchup , . After spending that amount of money , We really doubt we would go back. Clearly management needs to revisit basic service skills with the staff ,as well as, have a teamwork ethic.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I, who live on island, were heading to Mahogany Grille on a Monday night when we realized it was closed so we decided to finally give Old Stone a chance. We were NOT disappointed! From the valet to the server assistant everyone was so wonderful and attentive. Their wine list is extensive yet affordable if you don't want to break the bank and their menu is finely crafted and updated daily. Definitely take a tour of the kitchen and see what the chef has on the butcher's block for that evening, such wonderful meats and seafood! Make sure to sign your name on the wall to while your in the kitchen too. We started off with bone marrow and a charcuterie, which was expertly explained by our server Tim, who was wonderful. I had the 8 oz ostrich filet off the chef's menu and my girlfriend had the coq au vin, both were AMAZING!! Definitely try a side of their stuffed tater tots too, they are delicious! Also we had beignets with cinnamon chocolate and an espresso chocolate dipping sauce for dessert and as a person that doesn't like dessert or espresso let me just say they were absolutely mind blowing. I highly recommend dinner here, especially for a great date night!! Ask for Tim as well, you won't be disappointed!