“Meet the Chefs, Great Service, Even Better Food”

Old Stone Farmhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Farmhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in North Side
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Stone Farmhouse is an award winning, fine dining restaurant. Set in a wooded valley close to the 11th hole of the Mahogany Run Golf Course, this restaurant is located in a 200 year old restored field house on the lush countryside of St. Thomas. It was created as a stable for a nearby Danish sugar plantation, and the walls are more than 2 feet thick. Ceiling fans and breezes blowing through the valley keep the place cool. The building's distinctive character is shown with native stone walls, original hardwood floors, brick arches, and a charming covered palm-lined courtyard. The restaurant features "Chef Inspired" fine dining in an intimate and elegant atmosphere. The cuisine is ingredient driven and will change with each season. The Old Stone Farmhouse is one of the most romantic and elegant dinner settings anywhere, offering old-world charm and a second-to-none dining experience. Personalized attention makes dining here a delight.
Seattle, Washington
“Meet the Chefs, Great Service, Even Better Food”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My fiancee and I recently visited St. Thomas; To celebrate of our engagement, we received a recommendation to dine at the Old Stone Farmhouse. Our evening could not have been more pleasant.

Lorraine looked after us all night long and did a great job of reseating us and recommending various items on the menu. An unexpected treat was the visit to the kitchen area where we spoke with the chefs and could preview the various proteins that were being prepared on that particular evening.

The preparations were spot on as far as temperature of the meats, and the notes of the individual components of the food played nicely off of each other. I've eaten at some fantastic restaurants in my travels, but the food at Old Stone is at the top of the list.

In short, we highly recommend this as a "must experience" while visiting St. Thomas.

Spring Lake, Michigan
“Superb food, service and ambience”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were not disappointed! I reserved a large table for my husband's surprise 50th birthday dinner. The restaurant had just reopened under the new chef. Everything was excellent - the food, the service, the wine, the environment. What a fun experience! Not many places let you go back into the kitchen to meet the staff, check out the fresh meat of the evening and leave your own little mark on the place - in the form of graffiti on the walls!

The menu was interesting, nothing boring about it and the food was excellent all around.

We would certainly put this at the top of our list when revisiting St Thomas.

Amagansett, New york
“Fantastic food, service and decor”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had one of the best meals while we were in St. Thomas. This restaurant building is over 300 years old and is just the most beautiful building we have seen. The staff and waiters are very attentive and knowledgable of the menu and explain everything in detail. After looking over the menu we were given a tour of the kitchen showing us the food that would be prepared for us. My husband had the scallops and elk. The scallops had a nice sweet taste and the elk was lean and tender and flavorable. I had the tiger shrimp that were cooked to perfection. A magnificent meal and experience.

Dry Ridge, Kentucky
“By far our best experience on Saint Thomas”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was one of the coolest dining experiences I have ever had. The atmosphere and character of the farmhouse was stunning. We went down to meet the chef and see the specials. We had both said we were going to eat as much seafood as possible while in USVI but we opted for the Elk and the Lamb. Both were incredible. To start with the salads, they were fun twists on typical salads with the ceasar wrapped in phyllo and the house with beets. The meals themselves were perfection. I can only describe my lamb tasted like Christmas. We had the Creme Brulee for desert and it was fantastic as well. We would recommend this anyone and will be on our list for our next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great food, wine and ambiance.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The best food we had in St. Thomas, by FAR. We made a reservation the morning of and got a call back confirming it by noon. The service was great, we got to talk to the chef and see the kitchen which was very interesting. We got a very tasty bottle of California chardonnay.

First we got a salmon amuse bouche on a slice of cucumber which was alright, not very inventive or particularly delicious.

I got the smoked parmesan reggiano souffle as an appetizer and it was really good! Nice and fluffy, with a delicious side salad. It wasn't as warm as I would like, it probably sat for a bit before they brought it over but it was still delicious.

For an entree I got the gnocchi which they had prepared in a tomato cream sauce with lots of herbs, chanterelle mushrooms and I believe some truffle oil. Best. Gnocchi. Ever. So light, airy and fluffy, and that sauce was so rich and amazing.

My boyfriend ordered the pork belly and beat ravioli to start, also very good (and beautiful plating). He then got some local fish (I believe it was opah) as an entree, it was delicious but he didn't love the fact that it was cooked medium.

Finally, we shared dessert. It was as if a napoleon and a creme brûlée had a baby and it was GOOD. The custard was perfectly smooth and flavorful with the beautiful, telling specks of real vanilla bean. Some fresh berries and sweet dark cherries there to cut the sweetness and voila, a tasty close to the night and our trip.

The one downside? It's pretty exposed so apply copious amounts of mosquito repellent if you're allergic, like me.