“Lasting Memory”

Old Stone Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in North Side
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Stone Farmhouse is an award winning, fine dining restaurant. Set in a wooded valley close to the 11th hole of the Mahogany Run Golf Course, this restaurant is located in a 200 year old restored field house on the lush countryside of St. Thomas. It was created as a stable for a nearby Danish sugar plantation, and the walls are more than 2 feet thick. Ceiling fans and breezes blowing through the valley keep the place cool. The building's distinctive character is shown with native stone walls, original hardwood floors, brick arches, and a charming covered palm-lined courtyard. The restaurant features "Chef Inspired" fine dining in an intimate and elegant atmosphere. The cuisine is ingredient driven and will change with each season. The Old Stone Farmhouse is one of the most romantic and elegant dinner settings anywhere, offering old-world charm and a second-to-none dining experience. Personalized attention makes dining here a delight.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My (now) husband and I started off our honeymoon in St. Thomas. Although we were not as impressed with the island as we thought we would be, Old Stone Farmhouse was one of the most incredible experiences that we will be taking away from our stay. After being recommended to the restaurant by a few people, we were expecting a nice romantic dinner. What we received was far beyond that. We were transported to a bygone era, and exposed to some of the best food, and friendliest service we have ever received. From the entry "foyer", which was entrenched with the beautiful sounds of open air music, to the incredible candlelit ambiance that encases every table, there is not a romantic detail that has been left out. Our meals were impeccable, with the taste of care in every bite. We stuck around until the restaurant closed, enjoying drinks at the bar with the bartender and manager (lovely blonde woman from CT.) Upon saying our farewells, and jumping into our cab, they ran out of the restaurant with a bottle of champagne to congratulate us on our recent wedding (what a classy gesture). I will never forget this experience (as it is much more of an experience than a restaurant). Thank you for this memory.

Tony M, General Manager at Old Stone Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

To have exceeded your expectations and offered one of your favorite experiences on the island is a huge compliment to us, Julia! Thank you for sharing this. We're proud to do our best to ensure our guests have a memorable visit, and we appreciate you choosing us to help celebrate your honeymoon. We look forward to seeing you for an anniversary celebration some day down the road. Best wishes to the two of you in your future together!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My bf and I had amazing food throughout our trip to St. Thomas (we were very careful about choosing places to eat-- there are amazing ones, but you do have to be selective as some are just tourist traps with awful pizza). This place was definitely one of our favorites. It was our last evening that we ate at Farmhouse. The seafood was outstanding, though service was quite slow. At the end of a week of snorkling, swimming, and such we didn't really want a super long dinner.The one drawback is that there is no ocean view, but the place is an adorable fixed up farmhouse, with brick interiors, and very cozy. Highly recommend!

Tony M, General Manager at Old Stone Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

It sounds like you really put the research in to get the most out of your St. Thomas trip. Emily. That makes me all the more proud that we were one of your favorites. Thank you for letting us end your trip on a high note. I do apologize if the service was a bit slow, though. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner overall, and I appreciate your recommendation to others. Come see us again should you make your way back to St. Thomas!

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

April 28, 2013 - Can I rate it higher than excellent??? What a FABULOUS restaurant in every way! The ambiance of the building - with the thick stone walls and wooden rafters accentuated with tropical foliage and the right lighting - made for a very intimate setting. The trip to the kitchen was fun - got to see and select what we'd be eating. The challenge on the way back was finding a spot on the wall to sign, which is their version of a guestbook. I had THE BEST SCALLOPS EVER; hubby had rack of lamb with a fabulous raspberry sauce and a small helping of kangaroo. The chocolate flourless torte was so rich, so creamy, so decadent . . . the last bite brought a little tear to the eye! The staff was fabulous - very knowledgable and personable and never rushed us through this wonderful dining experience.
Our trip to USVI was in celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary, and we will remember this evening and restaurant for many years to come!

Tony M, General Manager at Old Stone Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Congratulations on the milestone of 30 years! I appreciate the flattering review, and I'm thrilled to hear that your visit was beyond excellent in every way. That's the kind of experience we strive for and it means a lot to me to know that we left such a lasting impression on you. Here's to many more anniversary celebrations—hopefully another with us some day! Thanks for the kind words.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful, a fantastic location. The service is excellent and Chef Tony is superlative.
I highly recommend going to do this dining experience as it is unique!

Thank you for such a resounding review! We appreciate your recommendation and it's great to hear that you loved the experience here. Visit us again any time you're back in St. Thomas for another equally enjoyable experience!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The Old Stone Farmhouse was worth braving the steep winding roads we drove up to get there. My husband and i went for dinner one night. The space is beautiful and romantic. The food's a bit pricey but fresh and delicious. You are paying for the knowledgable and attentive wait staff and atmosphere as well. The service was impeccable right down to the valet who psychically pulled our car up just as we walked outside. The only thing about the experience I could take or leave was the trip to the kitchen. We were asked to visit the kitchen and sign a wall with a sharpie as a sort of quirky guest book and had the opportunity to see the different entrees available for the evening. While it may be nice for some it seemed a bit touristy to me and made the overall experience a bit disjointed. I know other visitors got a kick out of it though. My husband and I loved St. Thomas so much we plan to go back so maybe I will feel differently seeing our names on the wall when we return. Overall it was a great place to go for a special night.

Providing a top notch experience in every respect is something we aim for, Erin, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves here. The wall signing is a bit of a quirky aspect, but it's become quite a fun tradition for our guests and something we love to see everyone engaging in. I do hope we'll see you again next time you're in St. Thomas. Seeing your name on the wall offers a bit of nostalgia, so be sure to seek yours out. We'll make sure the cuisine and rest of the experience are equally top notch next time. Thanks for the feedback!