“old stonehouse..new owners..”

Old Stone Farmhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Farmhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in North Side
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Stone Farmhouse is an award winning, fine dining restaurant. Set in a wooded valley close to the 11th hole of the Mahogany Run Golf Course, this restaurant is located in a 200 year old restored field house on the lush countryside of St. Thomas. It was created as a stable for a nearby Danish sugar plantation, and the walls are more than 2 feet thick. Ceiling fans and breezes blowing through the valley keep the place cool. The building's distinctive character is shown with native stone walls, original hardwood floors, brick arches, and a charming covered palm-lined courtyard. The restaurant features "Chef Inspired" fine dining in an intimate and elegant atmosphere. The cuisine is ingredient driven and will change with each season. The Old Stone Farmhouse is one of the most romantic and elegant dinner settings anywhere, offering old-world charm and a second-to-none dining experience. Personalized attention makes dining here a delight.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

we were looking forward to locally high rated stone farm house after manipulating the tricky drive up the mountain..building is beautiful..no AC but that doesn't matter with the two feet wide stone walls ..just enough breeze to be comfy...o.k. the best part is over...they hype their butchers table in the kitchen( you can go there to select your dinner if you are choosing from that part of the menu).the young lady showing it to us was pierced in several facial places , not so clean nails and did not know what the red meats were...i did select from the table..shrinp and scallops( three scallops, five shrimp) at our table i also chose to have the risotto with my meal..the fish were sooo salty, the carrots were large chunks really undercooked..other than warm, you could say they were raw..the risotto came luke warm and i had that taken back.
my husband had sweetbreads over mashed potatoes with what tasted like kale..maybe black cabbage? he said it was average and nothing special. will say,we tried pork belly for the first time and it was well crusted and very meaty, not having anything to compare it to i will say it was good..they were pushing small bottles of wine and since wee had the trip back down the mt. my husband opted for that..i had cava brut which is a fav. of mine...now all of this cost us over two hundred $..if the dinner had been good we would have been pleased but feel it is over priced for the food prep. and that they are relying on the past owners reputation...if you are really a foodie ,we advise you forget this one..but if you like beautiful archetecture.go by all means but skip the butcher table part of the menu.

2  Thank gloria a
There are newer reviews for Old Stone Farmhouse

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We An awful experience here. This place considers itself to be a gourmet restaurant. The place is a joke and a rip.Our first waiter asked me what I wanted to drink and then walked away,completely ignoring my husband. We couldn't believe it, and then the waiter did this again!
We asked for another waiter.
The place is pretty, the setting is nice, but the slaughterhouse downstairs is a joke. You get to see your food dead before you eat it. And pick,supposedly. You don't really pick anything because they don't know anything about food.
Looks like someone came up with an idea, perfected it for a modal, for tourists, sold it as a package and the people who bought it make mediocre food. Waste of money.

3  Thank juliegarfield3
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Once again I was blown away by the service and food. OSFH is once again under new management, and while I didn't think it could get any better it has.
While it is very pricy, it's well worth it. This is a don't miss when on the Island.
I believe that last nights dinner was the best I've ever had.

1  Thank lmsporthorses
Tammi17, Guest Relations Manager at Old Stone Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Old Stone Farmhouse. Our goal is to be sure our guests leave with the exact feelings you had "This is a don't miss when on the island. I believe that last nights dinner was the best I've ever had."

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went with a group of about 40 people for dinner last week (4 tables). The gazpacho with spicy shrimp was outstanding for a starter...inventive and flavorful...followed by a nice salad with fresh local greens and a light dressing. However, my fresh local wahoo came to the table drastically underdone. When I suggested to the waitress that my entre needed "more fire" she agreed totally and returned my dish to the kitchen. After about a 5 minute wait the entre was returned to me by a server who just dropped it off without making sure that it was ok with me. The main portion was still very undone. Thinking that I was being too fussy I checked with others at the table and confirmed that I was the only one being served my wahoo with a bright pink center. Instead of being fork tender, the underdone portion required a knife to cut it. I ate the portion that was cooked and left the majority of my main course uneaten. I would have thought that a restaurant of this caliber and reputation would have been more conscious and concerned about what was coming from the kitchen. Perhaps as our host said they were overwhelmed and unprepared for such a large group.

1  Thank biggreenandy
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice meal at the Old Stone Farmhouse. The building is beautiful. The patio is very nice too.
The food is very good too. I had the crab cake appetizer. It was delicious. My wife had the veal chop, $58. She loved it. I had the organic chicken, $34. It was good, but nothing special.
They did a nice presentation to bring you to the kitchen, so you could meet he chef and create a meal. This did not happen. We met a young lady who reviewed the proteins of the day. No chef...
The servers were very good. Very attentive. The sommelier was a young fellow who seemed to be in training. He was not well versed in his wines. They did something that I have never seen before. The had their wine list on an iPad. Great idea.
We would have stayed for dessert, but it was too hot in the dining room. We were sweating during our meal it was so hot. There was an occasional breeze to cool is off. They should have taken care of the situation with fans or something.
We had drinks on the patio after dinner. They had a singer/guitar player named Drew, who was very good. He plays every night. The patio was cool.
The OSHF has valet parking