“Awful”

Old Stone Farmhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Farmhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in North Side
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: The Old Stone Farmhouse is an award winning, fine dining restaurant. Set in a wooded valley close to the 11th hole of the Mahogany Run Golf Course, this restaurant is located in a 200 year old restored field house on the lush countryside of St. Thomas. It was created as a stable for a nearby Danish sugar plantation, and the walls are more than 2 feet thick. Ceiling fans and breezes blowing through the valley keep the place cool. The building's distinctive character is shown with native stone walls, original hardwood floors, brick arches, and a charming covered palm-lined courtyard. The restaurant features "Chef Inspired" fine dining in an intimate and elegant atmosphere. The cuisine is ingredient driven and will change with each season. The Old Stone Farmhouse is one of the most romantic and elegant dinner settings anywhere, offering old-world charm and a second-to-none dining experience. Personalized attention makes dining here a delight.
New York City, New York
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We An awful experience here. This place considers itself to be a gourmet restaurant. The place is a joke and a rip.Our first waiter asked me what I wanted to drink and then walked away,completely ignoring my husband. We couldn't believe it, and then the waiter did this again!
We asked for another waiter.
The place is pretty, the setting is nice, but the slaughterhouse downstairs is a joke. You get to see your food dead before you eat it. And pick,supposedly. You don't really pick anything because they don't know anything about food.
Looks like someone came up with an idea, perfected it for a modal, for tourists, sold it as a package and the people who bought it make mediocre food. Waste of money.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank juliegarfield3

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“The Old Stone Farm House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Once again I was blown away by the service and food. OSFH is once again under new management, and while I didn't think it could get any better it has.
While it is very pricy, it's well worth it. This is a don't miss when on the Island.
I believe that last nights dinner was the best I've ever had.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank lmsporthorses
Tammi17, Guest Relations Manager at Old Stone Farmhouse, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Old Stone Farmhouse. Our goal is to be sure our guests leave with the exact feelings you had "This is a don't miss when on the island. I believe that last nights dinner was the best I've ever had."
Bolton,Ma
“Wanted to like it more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went with a group of about 40 people for dinner last week (4 tables). The gazpacho with spicy shrimp was outstanding for a starter...inventive and flavorful...followed by a nice salad with fresh local greens and a light dressing. However, my fresh local wahoo came to the table drastically underdone. When I suggested to the waitress that my entre needed "more fire" she agreed totally and returned my dish to the kitchen. After about a 5 minute wait the entre was returned to me by a server who just dropped it off without making sure that it was ok with me. The main portion was still very undone. Thinking that I was being too fussy I checked with others at the table and confirmed that I was the only one being served my wahoo with a bright pink center. Instead of being fork tender, the underdone portion required a knife to cut it. I ate the portion that was cooked and left the majority of my main course uneaten. I would have thought that a restaurant of this caliber and reputation would have been more conscious and concerned about what was coming from the kitchen. Perhaps as our host said they were overwhelmed and unprepared for such a large group.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank biggreenandy
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“The Old Stone Farmhouse offers a fine dining experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice meal at the Old Stone Farmhouse. The building is beautiful. The patio is very nice too.
The food is very good too. I had the crab cake appetizer. It was delicious. My wife had the veal chop, $58. She loved it. I had the organic chicken, $34. It was good, but nothing special.
They did a nice presentation to bring you to the kitchen, so you could meet he chef and create a meal. This did not happen. We met a young lady who reviewed the proteins of the day. No chef...
The servers were very good. Very attentive. The sommelier was a young fellow who seemed to be in training. He was not well versed in his wines. They did something that I have never seen before. The had their wine list on an iPad. Great idea.
We would have stayed for dessert, but it was too hot in the dining room. We were sweating during our meal it was so hot. There was an occasional breeze to cool is off. They should have taken care of the situation with fans or something.
We had drinks on the patio after dinner. They had a singer/guitar player named Drew, who was very good. He plays every night. The patio was cool.
The OSHF has valet parking

Manhattan, KS
“Great Food in a Lovely Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I Just returned home from a week in St. Thomas with my sister and her husband. We had read about Old Stone Farmhouse and while they were golfing they actually got to see it since the cart path goes right by. So when we picked them up after golf, we stopped in to see about making reservations. The manager was fun, extremely pleasant, chatted with us for awhile, showed us a sample menu from the previous night - (the menu changes based on local and fresh ingredients - nice!!) We made our reservation and he even allowed us to walk through and request a table if available. We chose the "Wine Room" because we loved the stone walls, wall of wine and the full length doors/windows that would be opened in the evening. When we arrived, he remembered us, and we were seated in the location we desired. It was really nice. Our server was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. As others mentioned, she escorted us to the kitchen to see the special menu items and we did write our names on the wall and took photos. This was a fun way to mark a special evening with family. The sommelier was wonderful, he was also very knowledgeable and recommended the perfect wine pairings to accompany our meal. The appetizers were wonderful (asparagus soup, heirloom tomato salad, duck and oysters) as were our entrees (lamb, scallops and filet). My steak was outstanding and one of the best I've eaten (I'm from Kansas). The valet parking was a nice touch as was the hand created menu we got to keep. The only negative was the length of time from appetizer to entree, but we did tell them we were in no hurry and it gave us more time to enjoy each other's company and the beautiful surroundings.

• Visited February 2013