“Last time we'll stay here.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Grayson
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have been using this hotel since it was built & was a Holiday Inn Express. But the last couple stays have been bad. Our stay about 6 months ago, was OK, but sheets and towels, old, thin, some frayed, but clean. Breakfast buffet, poor, spongy eggs but at least a good variety of fruit and yogurt. The pool looked cloudy, but we didn't really have time to use, so not a real issue.
This visit, Easter weekend, Good Friday, no yogurt, only those no flavor, tough red delicious apples, and weak coffee. The pool was warm and clean, and the 2 year old granddaughter loved it. Sat. Am --Yogurt, but only the light, & only peach. And the pool was unusable because it was overfilled, and they wouldn't let anyone use it until the chemicals had been checked, which wasn't going to be done later that evening. Towels still thin, sheets were pilled, so nasty feeling, like sand in the bed. Looked like they are in the middle of remodel, but the rolled up carpet should not have been left leaning up on the wall in the hallway. Safety hazard, especially with the 3 little boys, ages 8 or 9, running up and down. Lots of rooms out of service, we were told a plumbing issue.

Room Tip: Don't .
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank cab1232
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have stayed here when I am in town for business and have my children with me because they enjoy the pool & I also can use it for my cardio exercise. When I am alone I try to find one with a workout room. Really there are no other reasons to stay at this motel.Now I will be traveling just a bit further because I can not use the pool. We noticed when we went in the room was cool but that sometimes happens with the temp drop, but the water was so cold when I dove in it sort of made my body freeze enough that it was really hard for me to get back out. Children will swim no matter how cold usually but mine had purple lips within minutes and had to get out. I asked the desk clerk if they could please turn up the heat and I was offered a $10 discount on my $80.00 room because they are not allowed to turn up the heat in the pool. I am sorry but what is the purpose of an indoor pool if you can not stand top swim in it until summer? In summer I would rather stay at a place with an outdoor pool to enjoy the sun.. Well that was funny to me because the rooms are way over priced anyway but I paid it because of the pool and only that reason. So we are now traveling in the middle of my work week to find another motel when I was suppose to be staying for another week. So no I do not recommend this motel because now the only decent thing they had you can no longer use. It is falling apart literally. There are a few places I have seen cracked tiles and even cracks on the walls. I have to put the throw that comes on the bed on the chairs because they are very nasty. The hot breakfast is hot but horrible. They finally got flat screens but you still can not hook up a game or dvd player because they wont give you the remote to put in on the right channel. They have refrigerators but they are first come first serve so you will almost never get one. I am so disappointed in this place. If you only need to sleep then it would be ok except you will be paying top dollar for very low standards when it comes to the bedding. The only reason I gave any stars was the staff. They have always went out of their way to help, even this time I could tell she was embarrassed that she could not turn up the heat. I advise to drive just a bit further for a much nicer and cheaper room.

Room Tip: If you must stay, do not stay downstairs on the interstate side because the toilets will not flush...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jay H
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Clean room, check. bed comfort-ok. Shower drain, check. Fantastic shower head. Next remodel I will try to find the same one for my house. Front dest was courteous and helpful, booth PM and AM. Quickie breakfast available-not hot but at least something and unexpected. The room was larger that average and the one thing I notice most but not until the day after was the lack of noise from the HVAC. Maybe I didn't even have it on but the room was at a comfortable temperature when I went in and never even recognized that I had to adjust or turn on or turn up or turn down anything to be comfortable. VERY NICE. I did notice some sounds from the highway and occasionally the sound of the refrigerator. Oh ya, there was a fridge in the room too.

Room Tip: No elevator-stairs to the second floor, but I was in the first floor. Door to rooms are interior ra...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
graysonguesthouseinn, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2015

Mel1150

Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time to do a review. I am glad you enjoyed your clean room, friendly staff and complimentary breakfast. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again.

Teresa

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first time visiting Grayson and there aren't too many options on where to stay. I found this hotel to be a good option. It definitely could use some updates though. There were stains on floors and furnishing and the bathrooms need updating too. The shower head and water pressure however, were incredible!

Even though the room was right along the freeway it was SO quiet.The bed was in great shape which is hard to find in a hotel. The bedding and pillows were also great! I had very well rested sleep there. Another selling point was the great continental breakfast. I have never seen biscuits & gravy, eggs and sausage as part of a free continental breakfast before and it was really good.

The down side...The staff was very friendly...when you could find them. But you usually didn't have to look far because there were all outside on a smoke break...virtually all day, right at the entrance. I found this disappointing. I needed someone at the front desk twice during my stay and found that they were outside smoking. Another day I went to my car and the entire cleaning staff (8-10 women) were all sitting right outside the entrance smoking. So, there are some staffing issues that I feel need to be addressed. Also the front desk woman when I checked out looked she had just come straight out of the shower. Her hair was still wet. I don't find that appropriate in a place of business dealing with the public.

Overall, I would stay here again. Be warned there is no elevator though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristak6
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed one night during a highway trip through the area. Nice, comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. But does not include a fridge and microwave, which were furnished pretty much everywhere else we stayed on our two week trip. Clean, well stocked breakfast area. All in all, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on 2nd floor if lack of elevator bothers you....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annie65561
Reviewed February 23, 2013

OK if you are a smoker. Rooms are smoking by room rather than floor or section, so every where smells of smoke. Staff was smoking in pool area so couldn't go swimming. My kids were really upset. Rooms are average double room size. Rooms and fixtures are tired. Needs updating. Staff is nice.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ratchwhit
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Read the other reviews on Trip Advisor- they were pretty accurate. We stayed at this hotel and overall a very well maintained place. Staff friendly rooms pretty spacious. Breakfast was included. Pool was pretty large as well. If travelling there again we would stay if we needed to.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank traveler9621
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayson
Days Inn Ashland
#1 of 10 in Ashland
Best Western River Cities
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!