“Used a travel coupon from rest stop--good value.”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Grayson
Kankakee, Illinois
“Used a travel coupon from rest stop--good value.”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Used a coupon from the magazines you can pick up at rest stops and got a great rate and was a good value. Front desk staff very pleasant, room was so-so.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim H
General M, General Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for your review of our property here in Grayson KY. We are happy to hear that you found our travel coupon and hope that next time you are in the area you will stay with us again. We pride ourselves on our friendly front desk and housekeeping staff and have passed along your compliment to them. It is always wonderful to hear that a guest appreciates good service. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This is my 3rd time staying and the property has really been a delight
Clean rooms the pool wasn't open but it's ok it was too cold anyways

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seane21
Thank you very much for your THIRD stay with us and your wonderful review! While all of our customers are very important to us, our repeat customers are the reason we love the hotel business. We are truly happy to be your go-to property when you are in our area and hope that your stay is wonderful each and every time you stop in. We look forward to seeing you again!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Nice hotel good stay staff was very helful fair price

Room Tip: King bed
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Pgb3
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Totally awful. I travel Monday through Friday every week. I'm really cautious about where I stay, but the company dies put me on a budget, so I was pleased when i saw the high rating this hotel had when I was searching. When I got here there were no towels. Later someone brought them to me. I couldn't help but notice how bad this hotel looked from the outside, and the inside isn't much better. My room had a Jacuzzi in it, but the greasy brown ring around discouraged me from getting any where close. My room was right next to the vending area, so all night I had to listen to people getting ice. To top it all off, there was obviously some sort of shady business going on, because there was a steady stream of loud cars that would pull up, park, go upstairs, then leave. Drugs I'm sure! This place is not worth the money! Drive a few more minutes to Ashland or Kyova.

• Stayed November 2010

Travelers are raving about these Grayson hotels

Grayson, KY
Reviewed August 28, 2010

BED BUG ALERT!!! Stayed at Grayson, KY Quality Inn in July 2010. Our Family was bitten up by bed bugs. Contacted Health Department who informed me they have shut down hotel prior for same complaint. Also police were there for neighbors having drunken domestic dispute. Looks like local derelicts live there. Public Drinking outside, etc..... Don't let the granite countertop lobby fool you! This place is disgusting and privately owned by similar!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hatboro PA
Reviewed October 17, 2008

We spent 3 nights at the Quality Inn. We had a room with a whirlpool bath, but it was in the middle of the room, not very private or anything. We requested a non-smoking room and while the bed was clean, there was an ashtray in the room. And the smell of smoke came through the hotel venting system, so the smells were an issue. (WIsh I had the room the last reviewer had!) The room could also have been cleaner - dust and string in corners. Then, we had a problem with flies - tiny ones, medium size ones and big ones. They seemed to end up in the sink so I think they were falling out of the uncovered light fixture.

It did have all the ammenities mentioned by the other reviewer - WIFI, cable TV, fridge, iron, hair dryer, coffee maker. And there was a nice little continental breakfast but if you get there after 9 am be prepared to hunt down extra paper and plastic ware since it seems that no one restocks.

Overall, it was just okay. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Liked — Convenient parking
  • Disliked — Smells
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed January 23, 2008

This was a pleasant stay. A typical Quality Inn. Nothing particularly eventful during the stay. The room I was in had Micro/Fridge, Iron/Board, and Coffee Maker. The WiFi signal in my room(#103 Smoking King) was excellent. The room was clean and smelled very good (hard to find in a smoking room). They have large vehicle parking, but it is across the street from the inn.

• Liked — Clean room/Good Price/Great WiFi
  • Disliked — No Complaints From Me
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TNTruckDriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayson
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
#1 of 10 in Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!