“italian as the name implies”

Melini Cucina Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Grayson
Cuisines: Italian
Flatwoods, Kentucky
“italian as the name implies”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

marinara is the best i have had, pasta always cooked to perfection

Visited March 2012

“Good value”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is a very good restaurant and pleasant atmosphere. It's too bad the county is "dry" , thus no wine which would have made the place excellent.

Aid, Ohio
“Excellent Italian in Ironton”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Melini's is an excellent restaurant for italian food. Big city quality in a small town. Good food and good service.

Columbia, Missouri
“Surprisingly good food for the area!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I was surprised at the quality of the food giving it’s location in a little Eastern Ky town. As far as I know it is the only, or one of the very few, non-fast food restaurants in Grayson. It has a nice atmosphere and the staff have always been friendly and prompt. I have eaten here several times over the past few years as I travel through the area and have found the quality to be very good each time. I will definitely eat there again and thinking about it makes me want to go there now! It is definitely a place to try if you are staying in the area, or just passing by. Take the Grayson exit, south, and it is a couple of miles on the right. It sits off the road a little, so you may have to look a little harder, but it is worth the search.

• Visited May 2011
Berea, Kentucky
“Can cook but can't spell”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I wasn't encouraged when I pulled up to this restaurant and noticed that its sign misspelled the name of the place M-E-L-I-N-N-I. I've eaten at some of this small chain's other establishments in southeast Ohio and northeast Kentucky, so I decided to take a chance. I was glad I did. The menu features a large selection of Italian dishes, and I was well satisfied with my final choice, a chicken parmesan in a robust sauce with a good bread on the side. Service was friendly and efficient. This place puts on no airs, thank goodness, and delivers an excellent alternative to the familiar national chains in this sparsely populated corner of the country. I'll stop in again when I'm passing through the area. It's located just a mile south of the Grayson exit off I-64.

• Visited December 2011