“Delicious Muffins!”

Lite Side Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Grand Rivers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fresh Foods; Breakfast & Lunch. Open from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Wednesday thru Sunday. They have THE BEST home made LOW FAT muffins I've ever tasted. You can order their muffins to be shipped anywhere as well. Delightful and moist...you cannot tell they are low fat at all. I've also had their Chicken Quesadila's; Wick (Roast Beef & Cheese on a home made roll); Foccacia; and everything they serve is very good. Fresh baked each day. I highly recommend this little bakery. Outside dining with a few tables indoors as well. They take all major credit cards. Located 3 miles from the north entrance to Land Between the Lakes National Recreation area. You can also buy a picnic basket lunch! I love it!
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place is very small and very welcoming. They have a small prepared fresh menu for breakfast and lunch. If you are looking for Cracker Barrel type breakfast, this is not the place for you. However if you are wanting unique offerings exceptionally prepared this is the place to eat. It is very clean and the staff was very friendly. Get there early because they may run out of some things in the day. Also, when breakfast ends, it ends, not one minute past, so make sure you check the service times. We were eating breakfast about 10:45 that day, a group came in at 11:02 for breakfast - they had to eat lunch! If you just pop in to pick up a muffin you will not be disappointed in their offerings. Lots of choices, it is hard to decide which ones to get. I purchased a mixed dozen and each muffin I had was better than the last. Be sure to refrigerate them so they will keep as long a possible! I was so happy to be eating on those muffins after I returned home to Louisville one week after my weekend get a way!

2  Thank BlueCricket

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

So nice to walk into a cafe and to be greeted with a warm smile!!! We enjoyed our breakfast sandwich & coffee. Stop by it is worth it, chill and enjoy, we did.

2  Thank KansKy
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I drove from Nashville for a day trip to Grand Rivers and had dinner reservations at Miss Patti's. We just wanted something light for lunch and Lite Side Cafe and Bakery sounded perfect. They were out of our first choice for sandwiches so we both ordered the pork barbecue on a "homemade bun", a package of chips and canned soft drink. There was very little meat to the sandwich, mostly sauce, and the "bun" was a big clump of bread tasting as if made from packaged biscuit dough. We had intended at first to buy a muffin to-go but were so disappointed in the sandwich that we opted out. We felt it was pricey for what you get. We chalked it up to experience and vowed not to go back there. The lady serving us was very nice, and the only reason I'm rating it Poor instead of Terrible.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I can't say enough about the place- excellent breakfast and excellent lunch. The muffins can't be beat! And don't get me started on the amazing homemade sourdough bread… mmmmmm.

The owners are lovely people and have a gem of a place.

2  Thank Stephotx
Reviewed August 2, 2011

If you are ever near Grand Rivers, Kentucky, the home of Patti's 1880's Restaurant, make sure you don't miss another little gem there, Lite Side Cafe & Bakery! A small, pristine eatery with seating outside under the pergola, or inside near the bakery case. The home baked muffins are to die for! So many flavors to choose from. Baked fresh daily and get this.....they are LOW FAT!!! Most are under 4 grams of fat. But, they are so tasty, you don't feel like you are eating a low fat food. Lite Side also has a nice lite breakfast selection & lunch menu offering such things as bison burgers, foccacia & quesadillas. They are open from 8 a.m. unitl 2:00 p.m. Wed. thru Sunday. Oh yes, and they will also ship muffins anywhere! I've used that service and was very pleased. You can also get their Picnic Basket to take with you to Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area which is located 5 minutes from Lite Side. Patti's isn't the only place in Grand Rivers to have a unique experience....give Lite Side a try!

3  Thank LuvRaccoons