“Wonderful”

Tony York's on Main
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kentucky
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had a night out with out of town guests and the evening was perfect. The food, service, and overall experience was terrific as usual. I have always loved Tonys and so pleased that my guests went on and on about how they loved it. It's a little elegant glendale surprise if you want to treat guests or yourself to a fine dining experience.

• Visited April 2014

Elizabethtowm
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had our 33d anniversary dinner at Tonys on March 28, 2014. The food was prepared and presented very well. The food was cook to order and was tasted great. Our server, Joyce, provided outstanding service. The entire experience was wonderful. We would highly recommend Tonys for those who want a fine dinning experience in Hardin County. Dave and Jan Hudson, Elizabethtown, Ky

Visited March 2014
New Carlisle
“Don't miss Tony York's restaurant in Glendale, KY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tony York's restaurant is a gem in an antique lovers town. Dress is casual or dressy whatever your style. Price is reasonable and food is served with a flair. I recommend the fried chicken speciality. I really liked the white table clothes, nice china, and player piano that gave a relaxed atmosphere to the eating experience. Whenever we visit Glendale we make a point of having a meal at Tony York's.

• Visited October 2013
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Loved this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I decided to try this place out for our anniversary. We'd heard good things about it, but we'd also heard that it was too pricey for the amount of food they give you. Undaunted, we gave it a try. We will definitely be going back!

The service was very good. Friendly folks. When we told the man who seated us it was our anniversary, he put us at a wonderful table in a window cove. Great! The two servers were very attentive. I ordered the Mezzo Chicken and Shrimp Marinara and my wife ordered the petite ribeye steak, which included green beans, smashed potatoes, and onion straws.

Mine was more of an alfredo style noodles with the chicken and shrimp on top, served in a large bowl. As for the marinara - I was surprised that this sauce looked more like tomatoey-alfredo sauce. But, it was all good. Very good.

My wife's dish was good, but not great. She said the steak was good enough, but it didn't knock her over.

The atmosphere was just perfect. Fine decor. That night was nice and quiet. If it was filled with friends and family at all the tables, I can see where it might get a bit noisy, but I still can't see it being obnoxious in there. As I said, we'll go again. We really want to try some more dishes.

Oh, and, as for not getting large portions?? Not sure where that came from, but our portions were quite large. My wife needed a box. I went ahead and ordered coconut cake for dessert. It was huge!! I had to get a small box to take the rest of it home. BTW - it was even better the second day!! Not sure how that works!

• Visited February 2014
Fort Knox, Kentucky
“New Year's Eve Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went here on the recommendation of a friend. Never would have thought to goto Glendale for a formal dining experience. But was pleasantly surprised. They had a variety of menu items and three couples’s dinners with appetizer to share, two salads, two meals, two deserts. Food was good, it is a supper club, so they do not provide alcoholic beverages however, if you bring your own and pay a $1 fee to join their club for the night, they can open and serve your beverage of choice. They also have a chef's table that can seat up to 8 for $60/per, which I think would be a great experience. Maybe next time.

• Visited December 2013