“Just okay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Glendale
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We ended up at Troy's on 7/3/12, after trying to go to The Whistle Stop, which was closed. Food was okay, but service was very slow. My wife and I each received one biscuit with our fried chicken lunches, and we were surprised that butter and jelly weren't served with the meal. The couple seated next to us had ordered before us, but still hadn't received their meals when we finished ours. Go figure.

1  Thank MBMS

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is an incredible experience,more than the wonderful food. The setting, the service, the music. I have eaten in many great restaurants, expensive and not, and this ranks with the top. Everything I ate was top notch. The grouper was outstanding. But so were the appetizers. We enjoyed there degustation menu. We sat at a bar where we could watch the chefs prepare the food. They seved us an incredible variety of food, were friendly and knowledgable. Next gimme I ordered from the menu and that too was a delicious meal. Reasonably priced, can walk away satisfied for $15. Hmmmm. I may go this weekend.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have eaten here several times. The food is outstanding, value priced (not cheap but more than resonanbIe-you can get a 5 course meal for $40.00 per person Plus tip). I am retired military and orginally from California-have eaten all over the world -from sidewalk vendors to Michelan rated resteraunts. It is hard to believe that you can find a dinning experience this good in a small town in Kentucky.

If you are close-don't miss this. I am hooked.

1  Thank robert b
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I wanted to go someplace nice for our 54th wedding anniversary. The second requirement was that it would be someplace new to us. We were aware of this place from being to Glendale, but we had never eaten at Tony's. We visited their website and were pleased with the presentation with its white tablecloths, etc. Since this is only a one hour drive for us, we headed out for a new adventure.We had reservations; however, it would appear (at least on the day we were there) this would be unecessary. When we arrived just before noon, there was only one auto in the parking lot. We wondered if the place were so bad that no one wanted to eat there. Since we had reservations, we decided to tough it out anyway. When we went in, we were warmly greeted and seated very quickly. Sure enough, there were only two ladies eating in the room in which we were seated. Our first impressions were very pleasant. There was a piano in the room where we were - perhaps there is live music in the evening. (this is an unknown) The decor was very pleasant with plenty of room between the tables. The chairs were a cut above normal seating. Our server quickly brought us our menu, which as I understand, is changed daily. There was a great variety of selections, even for a lunch menu. My wife and I are suckers for Hot Brown, which we both ordered. We both thought the wait between placing the order and receiving the food was a little bit long, but we were not on a schedule. By this time several more patrons had arrived - some of them weary from a long morning of travel. When our Hot Browns arrived they were bubbly hot with a caution from the server not to touch the metal plate which housed the entree. Our food was delicious! Comparable to the Hot Browns at the Brown Hotel in Louisville where the Hot Brown concept began. When we were finished with our entree, our server asked if we wanted to see a desert tray. We assured her we did, so she brought back a tray that had several selections. All options looked wonderful, but I could not resist the 6 layer chocolate cake. When our desert was delivered (we shared the desert) it was big!! We both ate all we could handle and still brought half of it home. About this time a gentleman came to our table and asked where we were from and chatted for a moment. It was a pleasant visit from a man we assumed was the owner. We told him this was our first visit, and he encouraged us to come back for an evening meal since this was more a night time out-on-the-town place to dine. We plan on discovering for ourselves if this is true. We both give this place thumbs up!!

1  Thank Wethington
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The food is always outstanding. It is a little overpriced for the area.

1  Thank RCEMBRY