“Try the Chef's Table”

Tony York's on Main
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Webster, KY
“Try the Chef's Table”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We have eaten at Tony's several times but the Chef's Table meal and presentation are on par with some of the best I have ever had across the country. We have eaten in some of the best restaurants in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Napa and others and I would put this on par with those. But wait, the best news is that it is at probably one-third to half the cost of these restaurants.
The table acomidates 6 people, and if you leave hungry, its you fault.
The first thing they ask when you come in is if any persons in your group have any food allergies or dislikes. If so they will modify accordingly.
The main Chef, Christina is a joy to watch and she takes the time to explain each serving.
Appetizers such as Stuffed Shrimp wraped with Bacon, Fried Green Tomatoes with a Remolaude, a Hot Brown,or a piece of Fried Chicken Breast will certaintly get you going. ( I think we had 5-6 apetizers to try on our last visit). Next, a small salad with a balsamic vinagrette to just cleanse your palate before the entrees. These are all great, but make sure you save some room because you are just beginning.
Then comes the real food. This usually consists of 3 selections. A pasta,(we had a pasta with what she called a Mesa-Mesa sauce, part Alfredo and part Marinara) meat,(we have had Steak or last time a Pork Schnitzel) and fish (my wife had a Grouper Diablo)plates are what we have had. All I can say is AWESOME. There were times we actually licked the plates to get the last bite of sauce.

Then, when you think you can't stand anymore comes desert. Anything from a Creme Brulee, to an Itailan Creme Cake, Chocolate Cake.....
But last time one of the Chefs (and I am so sorry I forgot her name) made us a special desert, a Chocolate Gravy served over fresh biscuits. It may sound kind of different, but we could have made a meal just of that.

The ambiance (there is a pianist playing on a grand piano), the meal, the service. Impecable.
Oh, and I forgot to mention Tony York. A great guy with a great restaurant. He constantly comes by to check on you, from asking about your meal to filling you water glass, he truly want's you to have a great experience.
Definitely worth the trip.

1 Thank Pharmboy007

KY
“absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I ate there with friends yesterday for lunch. The food was OUTSTANDING! There were five of us, all ordering something different and we all loved it. The service was outstanding, and when we finished, Tony came up and introduced himself, and was genuinely interested if we were pleased. Very soft spoken young man, very polite, and very professional. Our waitress was wonderful, (i think her name was Sandy, but not sure), she was very efficient, very helpful with the menu, had a great sense of humor. I was very pleased also with the size of the servings. None of us left hungry and we all agreed--we will return! The place was great. No negatives at all.

Irvington, Ky
“The best kept secret in Ky.”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

A true gourmet delight. Unbelievable food at a most reasonable price. On a par with the best restaurants in Louisville.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sammie Q
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Wonderful place to dine.”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Tony's is a really great to dine. Great selection to choose from and service is the top. If you try the Chef's table be prepared to sample a lot of things so bring a hearty appetite. The five course special is the best deal in the whole county. The Sunday brunch is the best kept secret. No crowds and a very well priced choice to dine from. HIghly recommended...

Vine Grove, Kentucky, United States
“Very Disapointing”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Read these reviews and apparently we went on the wrong night. Food was so so, had I not known I had ordered potato pancakes would not have known what they were. They had a seafood taste and a hush puppy consistency. Service was good, we could tell the waitress was frustrated, not at us but the kitchen. When the food came out she had to make two trips to complete our orders, food was left off the plate. When we arrived we told the owner this was our first time at his restaurant, he was gracious, however never came to our table to see if we enjoyed our meal or had any problems. I would not expect this except for the fact that he spent the evening in the dining room visiting the other guests. It was obvious he knew these patrons, which is fine, but as small as this establishment is one would think he would make an attempt to see all his customers. I was a bit embarrassed because I was the one to suggest this restaurant, I could tell my guests did not want to say anything negative. To sum it up, $196.00 later to feed 4 people was insane, yes you pay for what you get, I have spent much, much more for fine dining in the past and food, service was amazing. When I told the person who recommended Tony York's on Main, our experience, she felt terrible. Cannot recommend eating here to anyone, maybe an off night all around for the chefs and staff, but will not give it a second try to find out.

• Visited February 2012