“What a great discovery!” 5 of 5 stars

Hall Place Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   313 South Green Street, Glasgow, KY 42141   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Rockledge, Florida
“What a great discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed at Hall Place B & B on a trip to and from Indiana. We were greeted our first night by the owners Gary and Karen. We immediately felt comfortable and welcome. After talking with them for a few minutes we took our bags upstairs to our room.......it was lovely. After getting freshened up a bit we went downstairs and asked for a recommendation for dinner. They recommended a local restaurant.........our meal was outstanding. In the morning we were treated to a history lesson on the house from Karen. Gary served us a delicious breakfast of fruit, bacon, eggs, and homemade waffles. On our return trip back from Indiana we were going to be arriving late, we informed Karen and she and Gary were waiting for us when we arrived. We departed in the very early morning so we did not have breakfast. We would highly recommend Hall Place and are looking forward to another visit in the future.

Bob & Carolyn Miller

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Bed and Breakfast was built in 1852 and the owner has a family connection to the original builders. Very conveniently located in downtown Glasgow within walking distance to local restaurants and restored 1930's theater. Owners are very friendly and helpful. We will return next year for the Glasgow KY highland games.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ohiovol5466
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

No problems to report! Enjoyed our stay and will return. I however noticed the two reviews from the jokers from Chicago. I read their reviews and came to the conclusion they feel some sort of entitlement based on their race. I love it when people play the race card to get through life. In my profession I see a lot of the race card getting thrown around and am pretty certain the actual racists are the two jokers that posted from Chicago. Anyway, enough ranting about unimportant people. We recommend staying here, especially for the history.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David and Carol... L
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Staff was very welcoming. Accommodations were very warm & inviting. Arrived as guests left as friends. If you have not experienced the quaint appeal of a bed and breakfast I Would highly recommend Hall Place Bed & Breakfast

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Quiet B & B in a historic building 2 blocks from the town square. Dating back to 1851 the home has a significant civil war history. The room was clean and spacious. Karin & Gary are gracious hosts with a good local knowledge of the area. Very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Romance suite has a king size bed
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

During my 6-month stay in Glasgow, I felt like it was manna from heaven when I found Hall Place. Karin and Gary were so accommodating to all of my needs and made me feel welcomed and appreciated. They always listened to my concerns and addressed them immediately. Hall Place was always well kept and very clean -- I marveled at how I could barely find a speck of dust anywhere. Karin was so knowledgeable of the history of her business and the community. Gary would fix or help as soon as I needed assistance. Their food was always very yummy! These are very good, loving and Godly people that I consider to be like my family while I traveled. I would highly recommend them as a truly outstanding B&B experience if you would like to indulge yourself.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We made reservation for romance suite at Hall place. Base on the description of the room we paid for, we were expecting fireplace, private bath and spacious room. We showed up at Hall place and no one was there to check us in, instead there was a note saying to call inkeeper. We called the innkeeper, Anna answered and insured us she was on her way to check us in. When Anna, innkeeper showed up, she told us ( we are interracial couple, black man and asian woman) we would be staying at a different bed&breakfast because of some unforseen plumbing issue? Why didn't she tell us that on the phone? is it because she didn't know we were black and asian couple? anyway we were directed to a different bed and breakfast 5 minuntes away, she put us in an OUT house! it was very small cottage, it looked like it was built as a car gararge. The room she put us in was nothing compared to the room we had paid for. it was small, no fireplace, noisey and no shower only bathtub. I felt the bed sheets were not clean we developed skin rashes the next day. Anna did not even showed us the house. We felt we were notat as guests but some random tresspassers. Totally disappointed. I never had bad experience at bed&breakfast, This is the first and we will not return to this inn.

Room Tip: if you are interrial couple, dont stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank ThaiLove777
GaryC1960, Owner at Hall Place Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
My wife and I here at Hall Place and Main Street B&B do not discriminate against anyone. My wife and I were out of town when our part time, fill in Inn Keepers experienced and pipe to break in the Romance room and it leaking in the dining room below. They were frantic as they had no way of reaching me. They were out trying to reach my maintenance man to come and fix it. Our homes are historic and we aren’t ashamed to share the history. You were offered the cottage as it was the only room left. The Cottage is on the web site and there are two doors. The keyed entry is on the parking side and the door on the porch has only a lock in side. Most of our rooms are around 8x12 or slightly larger. This was the only room left to offer. I am a retired Military Desert Storm Veteran and I served with many men and women. I fought for your freedom as well as anyone else. No call received. We welcome all people as God welcomes all people. Jesus commands us to love one another as He loves us. Our world today has no place for hatred or fear. We are the United States. And God Bless you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Cave City
3.5 of 5 stars 227 reviews
1818 Main Street Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hall Place Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!