“Good Meal”

Harbor Lights Restaurant at Kentucky Dam
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We were staying at the hotel and didn't want to leave and go get something to eat so decided to eat at the onsite restaurant, despite some of the reviews. We had good service but they were very short help as a lot of the tables were not bused. I had the tomato bacon grilled sandwich and it was delicious. I would recommend it. My husband had the marinated grilled chicken breast sandwich and he said it was very good. He said the marinate had a great taste. We are not buffet people and some of the not so good reviews had to do with the buffet. We would eat here again.

Scot R, General Manager at Harbor Lights Restaurant at Kentucky Dam, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thanks for your kind review. See you next time!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

A large group of us had lunch here and everyone was well taken care of. Most, if not all of us, had the buffet. The food was fresh and well prepared and was kept well stocked. Our drinks were refilled promptly by a nice young lady with a pleasant smile. I don't think anyone had a bad experience. I hope to go back often.

Glad to hear everyone in your group enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Had a nice little breakfast here during our stay at the Village. The food was good and service was excellent. I’d say the best tasting thing I had was the diced potatoes, they were great! It’s on the lower level of the lodge but I didn’t see a sign saying this, I just followed my nose.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

First off I want to say I went there for the buffet at a cost of 10.00 without any drinks. Even though the buffet was 10.00 the food was terrible. I got there at 5:30pmand the buffet starts at 5pm and (ALL) the food was simply warm. There was 3 meats which were fried catfish and fried chicken and meat loaf. the fried catfish was pieces and had a dirt taste and greasy. Fried chicken was dry and over cooked with tasteless next to nothing breading. The meat loaf was soggy, mushy and of poor taste but the burnt crunches on the edge had some devilish greasy goodness. lol. Shells and cheese was some low quality tasteless box garbage that was starchy and no cheese flavor. Corn was from a can and sat in the liquid and flat tasting. Mashed potatoes were flat but not dry or lumpy and salt and pepper helped them some. The Bison chilli was such a letdown. The Chilli was gritty with very fine grind meat and the beans were waved through so virtually non existent. The chilly had the consistency and taste of a CHEAP CANNED CHILLI and I can say I had canned chilli that knocked the socks of this garbage. Cherry cobbler was some canned cherries with a instant package crust mix with way to much sugar dumped on it. Carrot Cake frosting was a sugar high and cake was junk also.
Salad limited bar was fresh and only thing the happen to not screw up.
Bottom line for 10.00 to stuff yourself with food that is of less quality of institutional, school or hospital you might enjoy it but I can not recommend this restaurant to the needy as a free food kitchen!

2  Thank jack S
Scot R, General Manager at Harbor Lights Restaurant at Kentucky Dam, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

jack S -- Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent meal here at Harbor Lights. it is only when we receive responses such as yours we can address the situation(s) which might develop.
I am personally very sorry you felt the meal was not up to par and expectations. I will be talking with our culinary team about your experience and address your concerns. I do hope you will be able to try us again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

Nothing to brag about here or write home about. Breakfast, nothing special here. The place was almost empty.