“Great service under pressure”

Harbor Lights Restaurant at Kentucky Dam
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 18, 2018

A large group of us had lunch here and everyone was well taken care of. Most, if not all of us, had the buffet. The food was fresh and well prepared and was kept well stocked. Our drinks were refilled promptly by a nice young lady with a pleasant smile. I don't think anyone had a bad experience. I hope to go back often.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Quest810164
Scot R, General Manager at Harbor Lights Restaurant at Kentucky Dam, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Glad to hear everyone in your group enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Had a nice little breakfast here during our stay at the Village. The food was good and service was excellent. I’d say the best tasting thing I had was the diced potatoes, they were great! It’s on the lower level of the lodge but I didn’t see a sign saying this, I just followed my nose.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 4, 2018

First off I want to say I went there for the buffet at a cost of 10.00 without any drinks. Even though the buffet was 10.00 the food was terrible. I got there at 5:30pmand the buffet starts at 5pm and (ALL) the food was simply warm. There was 3 meats which were fried catfish and fried chicken and meat loaf. the fried catfish was pieces and had a dirt taste and greasy. Fried chicken was dry and over cooked with tasteless next to nothing breading. The meat loaf was soggy, mushy and of poor taste but the burnt crunches on the edge had some devilish greasy goodness. lol. Shells and cheese was some low quality tasteless box garbage that was starchy and no cheese flavor. Corn was from a can and sat in the liquid and flat tasting. Mashed potatoes were flat but not dry or lumpy and salt and pepper helped them some. The Bison chilli was such a letdown. The Chilli was gritty with very fine grind meat and the beans were waved through so virtually non existent. The chilly had the consistency and taste of a CHEAP CANNED CHILLI and I can say I had canned chilli that knocked the socks of this garbage. Cherry cobbler was some canned cherries with a instant package crust mix with way to much sugar dumped on it. Carrot Cake frosting was a sugar high and cake was junk also.
Salad limited bar was fresh and only thing the happen to not screw up.
Bottom line for 10.00 to stuff yourself with food that is of less quality of institutional, school or hospital you might enjoy it but I can not recommend this restaurant to the needy as a free food kitchen!

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank jack S
Scot R, General Manager at Harbor Lights Restaurant at Kentucky Dam, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

jack S -- Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent meal here at Harbor Lights. it is only when we receive responses such as yours we can address the situation(s) which might develop.
I am personally very sorry you felt the meal was not up to par and expectations. I will be talking with our culinary team about your experience and address your concerns. I do hope you will be able to try us again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

Nothing to brag about here or write home about. Breakfast, nothing special here. The place was almost empty.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 26, 2017

We recently spent a weekend at Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park. On our first night at the park we decided to visit their dining room. Their buffet looked wonderful and that's what we had. They offered traditional fried catfish and chicken, plus flank steak in a prepared sauce. But what really caught my eye were their side items and salad bar. Both appeared fresh (!) and homemade. The catfish was perfect as one might expect in that part of Kentucky and the side items and salad bar did not disappoint! But for me, the real winner was their bison chili. WOW!! Now I'm a chili aficionado, quite proud of my own competition-grade chili. But this was probably the best "restaurant" chili I have ever tasted. Whoa! We enjoyed the buffet -- and the chili -- so much that we went back to the lodge dining room (Harbor Lights) for a second night instead of going "into town" as we had originally planned. The Mrs ordered ordered a ribeye steak from their menu and it was very nicely done -- satisfactory++. (She also shared some of my bison chili.) We truly enjoyed our stay at KY Dam Village and their Harbor Lights Restaurant and plan to make a return visit soon. You can bet we'll make a bee-line to the chili pot!

Date of visit: November 2017