“Great for Family Reunion”

Kentucky Dam Village State Park
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Gilbertsville
Leawood, Kansas
“Great for Family Reunion”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a family reunion and stayed a the lodge. It was nothing real fancy and needed some updating, but we did't spend much time in the rooms. We took advantage of the nearby activities: golf, lake activities, fishing, plus we took advantage of the roomy clubhouse for board games with the family. The restaurant in the lodge was adequate...again, nothing fancy but was good and considering the cost, it was a very good place to stay over the 4th of July weekend. By the way, the had a pretty good fireworks display!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
EVANSVILLE
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Quite and serene. Rooms have a nice contemporary feel considering its a lodge. Suggest seeing the Land Between the Lakes. Lots of overlooks and historical family graves. And go by and see the Prarie Bison.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LAVERNE J
Garrard, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I work for the Department of Employee insurance for the Commonwealth of Kentucky and travel every year to each end of the state and many points in between. I always stay at state parks during my travels and want to say Ky Dam Village is by far my favorite. I look forward every year to my stay there, because I know I will get a great night’s sleep. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are always extremely nice, clean and inviting. The thing I most look forward to is breakfast in the dining room, the food is wonderful, and this year I was delighted that there were enough guests to warrant having the buffet available. I think I can speak for the rest of the folks I work with as well, KDV does a fantastic job. Kudos to the KDV staff, keep up the great work!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and look over the lake. I have stayed on each side, upper and lower levels n...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sherry D
La Grange, Kentucky
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Let me say that the lodge has really gone down hill in the past year or so. We just got back from staying there for a get away for a few days. The room was full of spiders and other insects and no matter what we did we couldn't get rid of them. The balcony off of our room was spider infested and the ceiling of the balcony was rotting and falling down. The doors going to the outside did not fit the door frames properly and had gaps around them. The room had bug smears all over the walls and every corner had spiders. The air conditioning did not work. I have never stayed in a room that was so bad. We will not stay there again. The lady at the check out counter asked me about our stay and when I told her she replied with I am so sorry but this time of the year we have a spider problem. That's it. Good grief with the gaps around the doors you were just inviting them in. The place needs a lot of maintenance work done. We stayed out of the room most of the day just to get away from this. A person should not pay good hard made money just to be told I'm so sorry. We have stayed at the lodge on several occasions and it was never like this. WE WILL NOT GO BACK>>>>>>

Room Tip: DO not go to this place....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Debbie P
Mid-South
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My lodge room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My bathroom had been updated. The thing is to keep in mind that this is a state park and does not have the deep pockets of a hotel chain. I thought they did a good job and have actually stayed in chain hotels that were disappointing and unpleasant. The front desk supervisor was friendly and seemed to enjoy interacting with the guests. The views of the lake from my balcony were pretty. The grounds were clean and kept up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank river280
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Met friends for a long weekend...guys did enjoy golf but little else at this place. The rooms need deep cleaning and update! Cobwebs and bugs abound. While the bed was not bad, it is apparent that little has been done to keep up the rooms. The outside seems well kept so why not the rooms? While the rooms were disappointing, the restaurant was worse! There is no other place to eat that is close by so you are captive. We tried breakfast, lunch and dinner and each was worse than the other. For two days they were out of honey mustard dressing and the second day they had run out of oatmeal. My potato chips were stale and when I advised the waitress, there was not even an "I'm sorry". I would advise that you look elsewhere...don't waste your money here.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Kentucky
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been camping at this campground for atleast 25 years. My parents camped here because it is flat and a good place for kids to ride bikes around. Now that I am a parent, my family camps here for the same reason. No, this campground is nothing extraordinary, but it's a place to set up camp and relax for the weekend. My only big complaint is the dumpstations. Every holiday weekend (when the campground is packed) the dumpstations overflow. The last time I camped here was Labor Day weekend, and the stations were overflowing so bad, I couldn't even dump! We talked to two different employees, and they both gave different lame excuses to why they were overflowing. This is a problem that has happend EVERY holiday weekend for as long as I can remember. You would think by now they would have figured out the problem and fixed it! If it's not on a holiday weekend, dumping your camping is no problem. Another complaint I have is that campers are not allowed to use the pool at the resort. If you ask me, we pay money to stay in the Ky Dam Village Resort Campground, so we should be able to use the pool at the resort. It's like they do not want camping scum to use their resort pool. So if what I have said doesn't bother you, and you are looking for a place to relax and let your kids ride their bikes around, and not have to worry about them, then give this campground a try. If your looking for an upscale campground with great views, a pool, and constant entertainment, then I would suggest camping somewhere else.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Magnus40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilbertsville
Kenlake State & Resort Park
Hampton Inn by Hilton Kuttawa/Eddyville
Econo Lodge Gilbertsville
Econo Lodge Gilbertsville
#5 of 6 in Gilbertsville

Been to Kentucky Dam Village State Park? Share your experiences!