“Nice place”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Muskoka District, Canada
“Nice place”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good location if you are visiting the Kenctucky Horse Park, about 20 minutes away. The hotel rooms are well equipped and for a change the carpet did not smell of mold.
Exercise room , pool and whirlpool were all working.
Breakfast was a cut above the budget motels. There are a couple of fast food places within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joe_Ursano
Jack S, Owner at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmore
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stopped here for overnite on way to Smokey Mountains had a very nice big room and was very clean and quiet. Had a excellent breakfast in the morning. Staff was very helpful and nice. Will deffinatly stay here again>

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank buger
Jack S, Owner at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff, we try very hard to exceed all of our guests expectations. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was driving my daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren back to midwest as my stepson transferred jobs back to his home state. She arranged the hotel accomodations. My room was very nice. The breakfast was equally deserving of a very good rating. Staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jack S, General Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My family and I stayed here Oct. 26 with my childs school team. We arrived at check in there were three school teams staying here and only one front desk worker. Needless to say they were understaffed. We had a king room that was average quality could use some updating. I pulled the covers back on the bed and the pillow had a huge stain on it. It appeared to be ink or something. I took this downstairs and the worker says oh wow this is in your room and gave me another pillow. I return to the room get in bed adjust the pillows and find two more stained pillows not small stains large black ink looking stains. at this point i'm tired I throw them off the bed and sleep on the one clean pillow. In the morning I go downstairs with both pillows and Show this to the desk worker and explain how this is not acceptable and there is no way a house keeper could not see those stains. She proceeds to call the housekeeper to look at the pillows and the housekeeper Mina says she did not do this and doesnt know how it happened. We pull the pillow cases off and show how the pillows are stained all the way thru the pillow case to the actual pillow I explain that I would never stay at a hotel with dirty linens. The desk worker says all i can do is give you ten bucks off for your room not being clean. Really I will not be back. I attempt to eat breakfast but there was none left this is at 8:30 am on a saturday. I go upstairs come back at 9 all the hot items still empty. Now I understand that their were 3 schools staying there but if you advertise free breakfast there should be enough for everyone. I feel that the hotel was understaffed in all areas and my room was not clean. I would not recommend this hotel or be returning. It was nothing like any Comfort Suites that I had stayed in in other cities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank amt1435
Jack S, Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I do apologize for your experience at our hotel and I have sent you an email in response. Please know that the problems with the pillows were an isolated incident and it has been addressed with housekeeping. As for breakfast, we did have 4 teams eating that morning and that does make it a challenge to keep food stocked at all times. We have discussed plans to pull in additional help when needed to prevent this from happening in the future.
Mid South
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The room was a pleasant surprise. Very clean and comfortable, the hotel's close to Lexington and all the attractions.

The breakfast was decent and the price was good.

I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The rooms are very clean, the beds are so comfortable I wish I didn't have to leave. The value is good the breakfast is abundant. The queen rooms are spacious. The staff is helpful and professional We love to stay here

• Stayed October 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here from October 7-11, 2012 during a horse show I participated in. We got a great low rate, and initially I was cautious strictly because the rate was so much lower than elsewhere. That was foolish of me! This hotel is staffed with polite people who care about their hotel and it's customers. The location was splendid for us, as we were traveling back and forth between the Kentucky Horse Park (exit 120) and the hotel (exit 126). The beds were comfy, clean linens, super clean bathroom, lots of hot water with a great shower. Breakfast was typical continental fare: make-it-yourself waffles, bagels, biscuits, gravy, et cetera. Tasty and filling, and actually the biscuits and gravy were pretty delectable. The ONLY complaint I can even come up with is it's a bit far to downtown, but that wasn't the main area we wanted to be in, so no big. Only matters if you're expecting to be close to locally owned and operated type restaurants and stores. I would stay at this Comfort Suites again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012
Jack S, General Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We try to exceed all our guests expectations and I am glad we were able to do that for you. We look forward to see you again!

Jack Shah