“Seven years later and its still a good place”

Comfort Suites - Georgetown
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Seven years later and its still a good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is one of the better small town Comfort Suites , though it's aging a bit now compared to my 2005 review. The rooms are "mini suites" with a couch and a bed, but its all in one room. Internet connections are superior - wired AND wireless, and a power block for multiple connections at desktop level. The new flat screen tv is nice, but has fewer than normal number of satelite channels and it lacks WGN, a serious problem for a Chicagoan! Breakfast was well presented and stocked. Free newspapers, and the Cookies from 6-8 pm every night are actually really good! Front desk staff is fast and efficient - checkout a breeze.

Room Tip: Top floor gets you a room with no noise from those basketball players who always seem to stay above...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jack S, Owner at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, June 5, 2012

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sarnia, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stopped here evening of May 30/12 as my wife and I passed through the area. Immediately was impressed with the front lobby, large breakfast room, and our up to date room. My wife was particularly impressed with our room (gaining me some brownie points). We found the room modern, clean and with everything we needed. The beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was served from 6-9 and a pretty standard hot breakfast. The front desk staff were friendly enough, although I've certainly met friendlier. The woman looking after the breakfast room was very hard working, friendly and kept the breakfast bar fresh and well stocked. This hotel is also very easy to get to as well. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Huntington, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here May 26---- found a glob of hair on the shower curtain, bugs crawling on the floor and their hot tub is out of order. Also the rate was more than I was told when booking this room.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I booked this hotel through Expedia and unfortunately the hotel portion of my reservation was cancelled. After traveling most of the day, I was tired, and expected a bit more help from the desk clerk. I understood there were no rooms available, but she made no move to further assist me in any way, by calling nearby hotels, or making any suggestions. Consequently this is a hotel chain I will never consider in the future. Funny how one person in an organization can sour your entire perception of that organization. Perhaps a bit of PR training would help this clerk. She was working the evening of April 25th.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was not the best Comfort Suites I have ever stayed at, but it was far from the worst. The hotel clean and was not out to date. The one negative was turned into a positive by the hotel staff. We choose this hotel in large part because of the indoor pool. When we arrived, the pool hours were listed as 10:00 to 11:00. While I was impressed by the 11:00 closing time, the fact that the pool does not open until 10:00 when the check out time is 11:00 makes no sense. I told the front desk that 10:00 was not an acceptable time and that if that was the time, we would leave with our 4 rooms. The front desk was very helpful and asked their staff to open the pool early. The pool was open by 8:30 for us to use. That time worked and gave us plenty of time to swim. The breakfast was nothing special and the eggs were just a step up from pure powder, but it was standard for a comfort suites breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about ..... Excellent location to I-75, CLEAN, very friendly staff, Large room with separate couch, desk area. Flat screen TV, fast Wi-Fi. Free breakfast with eggs, sausage, bisquits and gravy, yogurt, danish, etc.

Only stayed 1 night but would definitely return if I needed to stay in the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
North Mankato, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel was not up to the standards I have come to expect from Comfort Suites. The front desk person was not rude but relatively curt. Upon entering our room we were met with a stale (my wife says mildewy/moldy) smell that was bad enough we opened the window to try to air it out. The bathroom was relatively clean but the exhaust fan was worthless. There was a discarded condom box behind the couch (my daughter discovered it after she dropped a sock there). There was trash behind the nightstand. The pool was disappointing - the water in the hottub was greenish and had foam floating on top of it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family