“Stay 1 Great....Stay 2 Not As Great”

Comfort Suites - Georgetown
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed twice at this hotel on our trip going to and returning from Florida. Our first stay was great. We promptly given our 2 rooms. We enjoyed the evening cookies and popcorn. The front desk clerk was very friendly. Breakfast was excellent and a great start to begin a long day on the road. On our return visit, our first concern was 2 school buses in the parking lot. After leaving a previous Comfort Suites location from the night before with 5 school bus loads of kids, we did not get a good feeling. The kids appeared to be doing miltary drills in the parking lot and did not want to move as we drove in. With so many kids in the pool, we could not even enjoy the pool area after a long day on the road. The kids did quiet down early, but starting at 4 a.m. they began running around, slamming doors and talking loud. They were on the road by 7 a.m., but the damage had been done! We were up. We wish that hotels would put school kids on certain floors and keep regular guests on other floors.
The front desk in the morning appeared to give same token apology for the noise issues.
We had staying in the hotel in November 2009, it doesn't appear to be as well run now, as our visit then. If we return this way to Florida, I think we may proceed on to Lexington next time.
See a school bus....cancel your reservation if possible.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice on our trip. The staff was always friendly. Both rooms we had were clean & the beds were very comfortable. The hotel was very quiet we had a great nights sleep. The clerk was very helpful with information on shopping & restaurants near the hotel. The wireless connection worked great. The only negative we had with the room were the lights were too dim to try & read anything.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I booked this one night stay for my family of four, as we were on our way home from a week's vacation in NC. As we checked in, all seemed to be nice and in order. However, when we got to our room, we noticed that the door was ajar. We proceeded to put our things in the room and get ready for the pool. I was putting some of our cooler things in the refrigerator, when I opened it to find a fridge full of other people's things. We didn't know if perhaps this was actually someone else's room or if it just hadn't been cleaned properly. We called down to the front desk and asked for a new room. We were rudely told to come down and get a new room key. We noticed on the way down that one of the face plates of the wall outlets was also off the wall. When we told the front desk person about it, she seemed unconcerned.
The new room seemed fine, until we flushed the toilet for the first time, when it stopped working and almost overfilled. When we called down to have someone come fix it, we were again rudely told that "we could come get a plunger". The plunger that we were given was wrapped in a plastic grocery bag that had feces on it from a previous use.
I also checked the beds for bedbugs (as I check all hotels that I stay in) and the mattresses were filthy and it appeared to have blood on the top and side of the mattress.
This was the worst hotel stay EVER!!

3  Thank Emily M
Reviewed August 15, 2011

we are currently staying here and are disappointed with the pool area. for the price I am paying I expect more. My husband found a clump of hair in the pool and when we asked about the whirlpool being green, the lady at the front desk went and dumped chemical in it, when it clearly needed the water changed. Kids were really looking forward to swimming but I don't think I should let them tonight for the second night because it appears the filter has not been running on the pool.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Very courteous hotel staff. Stayed on second floor and room was great. Had requested a crib and it was in the room when we checked in. One burnt out lightbulb at the desk but I don't sweat the small stuff. Wireless internet connection worked great. We took advantage of the complimentary breakfast and it had good selections. Easy to find and right off I75.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We were in KY for the Bluegrass Morgan Horse Show and had booked the Homewood Suites in Lexington. After a fairly miserable experience there (see my review) we just wanted to find another hotel for the remainder of our stay. I'm so happy we found this hotel! We saved a few bucks on the nightly rate, got a location closer to the horse park, and the breakfast was outstanding. The room was large and accommodating for the 5 of us. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and big enough for me & 4 females :). The mini fridge was good sized and the pool & hot tub were a lot of fun.

The management and staff were all friendly and helpful. They kept the breakfast stocked very well, no easy task with the softball teams that converged upon it! The food was fresh & hot and the waffles were exactly what I was looking for. We will definitely head to this place next year when the horse show returns.

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hallway on the 2nd floor. Very close to the stairwell for a quick in &...
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this location, while on vacation. We stayed at 5 different Choice Hotels, in 5 different states. This hotel was, by far, the best location, room, and price. The room was much larger than I was expecting, for the price. Their hot breakfast was wonderful. They have 2 waffle machines, which made for no long lines waiting to use 1 machine. We would definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family