“Great Find Gotta Give Them a Try”
Review of Fatkat's Pizzeria

Fatkat's Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Award Winning Pizza. Full service with daily Happy Hour. Full menu with Pizza, Pasta, Burgers, Salads, Subs,Fish,Appetizers. Great Wine and Beer Selection, full bar.
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I gave Fatkats a try driving through Georgetown, Kentucky on way home to Ohio.
Walked in to an empty place wondering if we made a mistake, we'll we certainly did not make a mistake.
Everything was very good to excellent. Started with a house salad with the homemade sweet red dressing, a Catalina style French dressing next we're the wings. Have tried several wings from Bdubs to Quaker Steak & Lube. I like heat but my bride prefers mild, although have never had a place allow it before I still asked if they could make half hot and half garlic parmesan, no problem said the very helpful waiter. The wings were very meaty and baked not fried. The sauces on the wings were very tasty. So far we are two for two. Next come the pizzas. We had each ordered an individual pizza. Mine was the Hammer a meat and cheese thin crust that was baked to perfection. No frozen ingredients here. Italian sausage was very good, tender and tasty. Crust thin but foldable, my preferred way to eat pizza. Wife was allowed a substitution on her specialty replacing sausage with grilled chicken, not many places allow that. Afterwards told waiter could not believe they did not have a crowd of customers with the great food and large screen tv for Monday night football. So come on locals and those traveling through, stop and give Fatkats a try, you will not regret it. They have a full service bar with very reasonable price drinks.
I also asked waiter about the reviews complaining about slow service. With just one oven, fresh made dough (no premade crusts here) and fresh ingredients it probably may be difficult to keep up if a busy night and crowd of 10 or more shows up expected or not, it presents a problem. I understand it sux to get slow service however that was certainly not our experience . Give Fatkats a try and keep a local place in business no way Poppa Johns or Pizza Hut can compare unless salty doughy average pizza is your preference.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

When it comes to local pizza in Georgetown there really is only one place to go, Fatkatz. This is literally because there is only one local, non-chain pizza place in town.
The pizza selection at Fatkatz is good. The pizza's are ok. The sauce is a little sweet for my taste. The toppings are not freshly prepared. No one like commercially available frozen Italian sausage on their pizza. If you can't make your own, buy some Johnsonville or something.
The beat thing is the pizza rolls. They are tasty and the sweet sauce can be used in moderation.
For better pizza try Poppa Johns.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I couldn't decide so I ordered a bunch of appetizers - hand rolled breadsticks with cheese inside? Heaven, never had any bread stick/cheese stick this good. Bruschetta? So good! Fried Ravioli? Delicious! My husband got a pizza and declared it delicious. We will be returning next time we're in town, we almost went back the next night!

FatKats, Owner at Fatkat's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Hi Candace. Thanks for your review. Since you like the rewind I want to tell you about our new pizza the Spanakopita (Greek) Pizza. It has a really good basil pesto sauce. Let me know next time your in and I will make you a sample. Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really like FATKATS! The pizza is one of a kind and truly delicious. If you are tired of Papa Johns and Pizza Hut, go to FatKats because they do not disappoint. The cheese pizza is great as well as the "Rewind" pizza (spinach, chicken, white sauce).The only downside is the price!!! This pizza might be more expensive than Papa John's Pizzas.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had been in Lexington all day at a skate demo & concert and during our drive back to Dayton (OH), we came upon FatKats. We piled out of the van and headed in to a wonderful, friendly atmosphere. After deciding on a jumbo sized Cowboy Extreme, the waiter offered to split the pizza 3 ways on the bill. Personally, I thought it would be an issue, but not here. Great taste to the food, excellent service, and wonderful pricing are just the tip of the iceberg at FatKats!

Thank you for your kind review. Hope we see you again this year :-)