“Definition of insanity?”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Chattanooga, TN
“Definition of insanity?”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

"Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results." That's the definition I heard anyway. Well the results weren't exactly the same, so I'll detail some changes I've noticed--and some that, sadly, have not happened. First, it's a little tidier. Secondly, the evening clerk Dilena, while obviously tired and hungry when I arrived, helped me unravel a mistake I made in my booking and was patient and even pleasant about it.
Unfortunately, I made another mistake that could not be corrected: I confused this BW with another and booked here despite my decision NOT to return. And, as luck would have it, I was booked into the same room--the non-smoking one that smelled of smoke because half the third floor is STILL non-smoking. There is as yet no plan to change the smoking policy, according to the desk clerk. This time I asked for a room change, and Dilena accommodated me. Unfortunately, in my new room on the second floor I could still smell smoke and soon got "stuffed up," but it was somewhat better. And there was no tissue in the bathroom! Oh well. . .there's always TP.
At the very least, the desk clerks should be instructed by management to inform people before they register that the third floor has smoking rooms and even non-smoking rooms may be affected. And they should not charge more for a room on a non-smoking floor if a change is requested! (I wasn't, but I had to negotiate that.) Finally, if you are particularly sensitive to smoke, don't book here unless and until they change the policy and thoroughly fumigate the property.
I wanted to upgrade my rating to "average" because there have been improvements, but not as a "Best Western Plus" property. As others have noted, it should not yet have been awarded a "Plus" designation. As a standard BW, it would be average or possibly even very good--for smokers or those who aren't bothered by it.
As I said at the outset--and in my first review--there IS hope for this property, and I have hope the improvements will continue to mount. If I book here again in error, I won't expect a different result. I'm not completely insane--just absent-minded. Maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Unless you smoke, stay off the third floor--at least until the policy changes.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mbj2
Elisa R, Manager at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I apologize that you booked us by mistake. The smoking rooms will probably not change due to the high demand by corporate guests. I will speak to front desk concerning the issue of letting guest know about half of 3rd floor being smoking rooms. As for being charged a different rate for non smoking vs smoking, that should not have been an issue. The price is the same unless you are upgrading your room to a whirlpool. We are continuing with finishing up on the upgrades and I appreciate that you did notice. Again thanks for the feedback, its always good to know what needs improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Best Western is upgrading many of their properties across the U.S.. Many are very very nice.
"Plus" is their new middle grade hotel and usually very nice. My problem here is that this hotel
has been awarded Plus by BW but there are a number of negatives. I may have had a room that has not been upgraded as mentioned by another reviewer. Instead as another reviewer states, the property is not all that old but is showing wear. Poor condition of the room furniture is noticeable. Old TV but workable. Some areas of hall carpeting could use replacing.

I may have encountered the same desk staff as another writer. Evening agent was all right but
did not seem all that welcoming per the usual BW staffing. Morning OK.

I had a non-smoking room but the stink of cigarette smoke was in the room. Just about all hotels have interconnecting ventilation via the bathroom venting. This is where the smell comes from.

Breakfast was OK. I would have liked to have seen skim or 1% milk but only 2% or whole was
available. A very minor quibble but the marque on the street shows popcorn and cookies. I asked about the cookies. "We have not had cookies for days." Plus??

Lots of dogs. We have pets and would not want to be without them. However, we do not travel with them. I have some problems with allergies and I am sure that many others do also. Hotels seem to love to say that they are pet friendly. I would like to find hotels or chains that are people friendly. Hotels do not have the time to deep clean all that often and I do question just
how clean rooms are that have housed pets.

This hotel is not too bad considering the low price but I was mislead by the Plus designation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rt66tbird
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for the feedback! We hope that in the future when our upgrades are fully completed, you will give us the pleasure of staying with us again!
Stambaugh
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our stay here was excellent. The hotel was clean and updated, staff were very courteous and helpful, and the value for the buck was great. Instead of typical travel size toiletries, there is a liquid dispenser both in the shower and on the bathroom sink with soap, shampoo, and lotion. The pool was clean and our room had a jacuzzi, which functioned fine. Very conveniently located for shopping and many restaurants to chose from.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suite was only 10-15 dollars more then the other rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for the feedback! we look forward to you visiting us again soon!
Alpha Ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Our room was very nice, although the jacuzi was not in a separate room as it shoud have been.
The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were like inner tubes.
Two of the three clerks (most especially Christen) were very good, although the third young lady needs to go to Walmart and purchase a smile
The wi-fi connection was good enough, although the portal was a bit cumbersome.
The location in relation to the Kentucky Horse Park and the many horse farms was excellent.
The breakfast was very good although one time the Orange Juice was water and the clerk who doesn't smile said "That's not my job."
As Best Westerns go, this one is better than most.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are likely quiter as the doors to the parking lot close with a sonic boom.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank McBible
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thanks for the feedback! I will advise on the needed Wal-Mart trip :) Hope to see you again soon!
Sunman, IN
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend. As we were participating in the annual Horsey Hundred bike ride, we asked for a later checkout on Sunday so we could shower after the ride. The front desk clerk was very accommodating and allowed us a 2:00 check out. The room was nicely furnished and included a microwave and refrig. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet despite the fact that the place was totally booked for the weekend. We would definitely stay here again next year. As members of the rewards club we were able to gain extra points during our stay.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall which was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EMU_11
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Look forward to seeing you again next year!
Reviewed May 9, 2012

totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel, booked that night, great rate, great room (# 101), great staff. Highly recommend :) Robyn Martin, checked in on Feb 7th and checked out on Feb 8th, 2012.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wrmartin
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you! We appreciate the great feedback. We strive to make everyones stay as excellent as yours!
St. Louis
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I'm staying here currently (5/3/12)

At check-in I asked for a crib. They said the crib would be $10. I said that that fact is not mentioned on their website, and the front desk clerk asked the manager if it could be waived. The manager yelled from her desk "No, it's been that way for three years, we can't waive it" She didn't have the decency to come out of the office and tell me.

THEN, I get to the room and in the room it actually says that it costs money for a crib. It costs $6. $10 is not a lot, but that's really not the point. Be open about your fees at check-in, and treat your customers like people, don't yell at them from behind an office.

If you don't care about service, the rest of the hotel is okay (And I stress just "ok" to stay at.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FinsRule
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
I apologize for the miss print in the room directory, we appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We always try to make our guests stay comfortable. Yes we do charge for the extra ammenities, you were informed of the charge when you requested the item, they are also listed in the "in room directory". Thanks!