“Great Stay in Bluegrass Country”

Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend. As we were participating in the annual Horsey Hundred bike ride, we asked for a later checkout on Sunday so we could shower after the ride. The front desk clerk was very accommodating and allowed us a 2:00 check out. The room was nicely furnished and included a microwave and refrig. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet despite the fact that the place was totally booked for the weekend. We would definitely stay here again next year. As members of the rewards club we were able to gain extra points during our stay.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EMU_11
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Look forward to seeing you again next year!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel

Reviewed May 9, 2012

totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel, booked that night, great rate, great room (# 101), great staff. Highly recommend :) Robyn Martin, checked in on Feb 7th and checked out on Feb 8th, 2012.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wrmartin
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you! We appreciate the great feedback. We strive to make everyones stay as excellent as yours!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I'm staying here currently (5/3/12)

At check-in I asked for a crib. They said the crib would be $10. I said that that fact is not mentioned on their website, and the front desk clerk asked the manager if it could be waived. The manager yelled from her desk "No, it's been that way for three years, we can't waive it" She didn't have the decency to come out of the office and tell me.

THEN, I get to the room and in the room it actually says that it costs money for a crib. It costs $6. $10 is not a lot, but that's really not the point. Be open about your fees at check-in, and treat your customers like people, don't yell at them from behind an office.

If you don't care about service, the rest of the hotel is okay (And I stress just "ok" to stay at.)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FinsRule
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

I apologize for the miss print in the room directory, we appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We always try to make our guests stay comfortable. Yes we do charge for the extra ammenities, you were informed of the charge when you requested the item, they are also listed in the "in room directory". Thanks!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Rooms are updated, clean and fairly priced. Breakfast was very good as well. The pool is ice cold and the hot tub is pathetic. Half the jets don't work and they spew cold water. It has seen its best day, needs to be updated. Railing is falling apart. Staff was pleasant, but never seen the advertised "cookies" for 2 nights. Good location to see the sights in Lexington, and the third floor gave a nice view of area. Quiet, nice decor, all that you really need for traveling. Would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank oxengirl
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you staying with us again! more renovations to come!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Check in staff very friendly, directed us to near by restaurants. Room was clean, comfortable. We always appreciate a hotel that offers breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mike m
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

thanks for the compliment. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

The price was right and the popcorn a nice welcoming amenity, but the (very friendly) staff did not seem to know how to maintain a "BW Plus" standard. The evening desk clerk was efficient, but not friendly. The morning clerk was super friendly, but not terribly competent. (Which would you prefer?)

I requested a non-smoking room,which I got--but the stench of stale and fresh cigarettes overwhelmed me when I got off the 3rd floor elevator and even penetrated my room. Half the floor was for smokers! By the morning I had a terrible headache and stuffy nose--which cleared up as soon as I left the floor. When I mentioned this to the morning clerk, she said she'd tell the housekeeper to use more spray. Needless to say, that would not fix the problem.

The breakfast was standard BW fare--not bad, really--but the chairs in the dining area were all terribly stained, the tables and counters needed wiping, and there was a pile of dirty towels left on the table in the middle of the room. This scene was presided over by that very pleasant clerk, who could not compensate for the overall dinginess of the room.

The basic "plant" is modest but has potential. But the owners and staff need lessons in property maintenance and management. I will not return.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, avoid the "non-smoking" rooms on the third floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mbj2
kristen k, Manager at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

I apologize your stay was not as expected. Our front desk staff would have gladly moved you to another floor if you had let them know your concerns before checking out. We are still in the middle of upgrading ammenities with in the hotel so i apologize if things seemed out of great display. i hope that next time you will give us another chance to prove that we strive to make our guests stay everything they expect! Thank you for giving us feedback so we can continue to work on our improvements!

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Needed a place to spend the night while introducing my granddaughter to my favorite college, Georgetown College. Have stayed at all the possible choices in this area and all the possible choices were within eyesight.
Didn't know it when I called to see about rates and reservations and the duty clerk was so helpful and the rates better than expected, I booked, knowing if I didn't like the premises when I might just casually check them out, I could cancel and go to something else. Checking in was quick and easy, the hotel extremely better looking than most I have stayed in, and the room just popped my eyeballs it was so nice for so little!!!! Spent a very quite, comfortable night. TV was not flat panel but great picture and lots of channels. Fridge I didn't need, nor microwave, iron, ironing board, soap dispensers were very useful, and so was the hair dryer. All in all.....a very memorable and pleasant experience and if my granddaughter gets admitted to GC, this is the place my family will book at least every other month (she can come see us in the alternate months). Oh...the fitness center was well equipped, but we spent the evening watching the Men and Women TIGERS rip UPike!!! Go TIGERS!!!!

Room Tip: Well, it's in their name sorta...but didn't actually need conference rooms etc.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BobTheDonutman
kristen k, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

We appriciate the great feed back. We look forward to the future business with you and your family.