Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at Best Western and it was great. They had a huge breakfast. We read the reviews first but seen there were none from this year so we would give it a try. The front desk staff was super helpful. They asked us if eveything was ok about a dozen times. My kids really enjoyed the pool table and ping pong table. You cant pay attention to some of the reviews on here cause some people are crazy. GREAT HOTEL, CLEAN ROOMS. FRIENDLY STAFF.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Georgetown Corporate Center Hotel

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My friend and I stayed at this hotel during the WEG. I was apprehensive to stay there and, after reading some of the reviews, I expected the worst. I usually stay at the Hilton and more upscale hotels. I was very pleased with everything at this hotel and we stayed for seven days. The room was quiet, spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The cookies and popcorn they serve between 6-8pm was welcomed surprise. I have absolutely no complaints (that's unusual for me). The free wireless internet access was great to have. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Stayed there last week and had a bunch of ants in my room. Told the Mexican housekeeper about the problem and she wiped off the nightstand. I told the girl at the front desk that looked about 14 years old and nothing was done. Ants never left my room. I e-mailed the Bestwestern main office and never heard a thing from them. We have stayed here for the last 6 years with a team and we will not be back. This place has went down each year we have stayed there. Several in our party had similar problems and nothing was done/

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Stayed here on a trip down on spring break with the family after seeing a good rate advertised in one of the travel coupon magazines you get along the highway. The hotel itself seem nice when you first arrive and in most other circumstances it probably is a great place to stay overnight at the advertised rate. The problem we had was that we had been on the road for a long time and needed to find a place to spend the night and places were filling up rather quickly. Luckily this place had vacancy.
The problem was I had to wait in line at least 20 minutes to check-in in line since there was only one person running the desk and the clerk failed to mention he only had a smoking room available. I was informed of this after waiting in line and giving him my credit card and all that. It was like "here is your room key and OH BY THE WAY I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ITS A SMOKING ROOM!" At this point I felt I had really no realistic alternative and didn't feel like looking for another place after investing all that time in line. I just figured we'd make it work.
The room reeked of smoke! I turned on the A/C, opened the window anything to try and lesson the stench. When you walked in the room you really get hit in the face with the smell. It was too bad, if it was not for the smell it was a really nice room. All I could do was count the hours till we could hit the road again, not much sleep that night.
The other problem I had with the hotel was that they advertised free cookies and popcorn which I was constantly reminded of by my 9 year old. However there were no cookies out and no popcorn and judging by the lack of help with only 1 person working the desk no hope!
The next morning we had as expected early start due to our predicament. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty good. Plenty of warm items including eggs, make your own waffles, sausage gravy... All in all not bad. If it wasn't for the smoking room and lack of service it would be a nice place to stay. However this visit does not make me have any desire to chance staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We visit Geogetown often to see our son at college. We have stayed just about everywhere in that town and I can finally say that we have found a hotel for a great price that offers many great things. This hotel has newly remodeled rooms with pillow top mattresses (you have to ask). It offers an indoor pool and hot tub. It also has a couple of video games and ping pong table for the kids. There is also a small pool table for the kids. They have a free continental breakfast. If they are low, just ask and they will quickly get more food out to you. They offer cookies and popcorn in the evening. Crystal was the night clerk and I must say, she deserves a raise, she is excellent. We stayed the weekend and for 2 nights, my rate was cheaper for 2 nights than 1 night down the road.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2009

It was a pretty good over all stay. Room and bath were both big. had a microwave, fridge, coffee pot in the room. internet in the room was good as well. Though ive found it ran faster if I ported to the cable than it did wireless. Front desk was exceptionally nice and friendly. I even asked about the "problems of the past" and was told there was a change in management. Lucky for me Haha. The only other complaint i have is that the eggs werent all that great. nice breakfast though.

PS. I forgot to add the pictures on here a little old, It looked as though they may have remodled the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2009

Half of the jets in the in room whirlpool do not work. The carpet was dirty and loose. No regular coffee was in the room. The back of the remote control for the TV was "duck-taped" to hold the battery in. The bathroom counter was dirty. The hot water handle on the whirlpool is broken. There is no thermostat for the heater in the room so you either cook or freeze. The decor is "funky" looking. The staff were not at the front desk at check out time (but were out front smoking). The bed was hard and uncomfortable.

However, the young man working as night clerk on check-in was extremely nice and the chocolate chip cookies were wonderful. The location was perfect for my event (other - hotels are next door).

-- Jeff

P.S. I gave my feed-back card to the front desk staff, for whatever that was worth.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)