“Wedding Reception Noise Kept Us Awake”

Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Beavercreek, United States
“Wedding Reception Noise Kept Us Awake”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Don't stay at this hotel on a weekend and if you do find out if a wedding reception is scheduled and where your room is located in relation to the main ballroom. Our room was right over the ballroom and we lost 2.5-3 hours sleep because of all the noise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mike C
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear MikeC,

Thanks for taking time to write a review about our hotel. I know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.

I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel. We think we're in a good location.

I am sorry that the noise from the ballroom kept you awake. Please give us another chance next time you're in the area. We would love the opportunity to show you what a great hotel we have.

Terri Petty, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Burlington, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel was very clean and seemed to be well maintained. The fitness area was nice when I worked out. The only problem I encountered during my stay that really affect whether I stay at this hotel again is the poor customer service. The gentleman that checked me in never smiled and was not very friendly or helpful. Even when I gave him my H Honor Card he never improved in his demeanor. I was told that a $25 incidental fee would be placed on my credit card but would be placed back on my card after check out if there were no issues. The hotel took out two $25 incidental charges on my one night stay. When I called to question the double charge a lady named Bonnie acted like I was a bother and ignorant to not know how their system worked. She told me that their system will sometimes charge more than the $25 incidental fee (up to the price of the room) but the charges should be placed back on my card within 72 hours. I told her I was never told that I could be charged more than the $25 so it was a surprise (negative) when I saw two $25 incidental fees placed on my card. This can be a big issue for families that have to closely budget their money to make ends meet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Larry M
Dear LarryM,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry that you ran into people who proved to be unhelpful at our front desk. I can assure you that is not our goal.

We are in an ideal location to Toyota and the Kentucky Horse Park in Central Kentucky, and it is our wish to keep guests coming back.

Please let me know if you are coming through again. We'd appreciate if you gave us another chance.

Thanks,
Terri Petty
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our family stayed here during a recent riding competition at the Horse Park. It's an easy 10 minute drive. The hotel is near many restaurants and the staff makes sure everything goes well during your stay.

• Stayed October 2013
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, Front Desk at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. We always enjoy having guests that are here to vist or participate in an event at the Kentucky Horse Park. The Horse Park is such a beautiful place and only 6 miles south of us off Interstate 75. We hope that whenever you are back at the Horse Park, or in the Georgetown area, that you will come back and see us again. We love having returning guests! Hope to see you again soon.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently stayed at this property when I attended a wedding. The light switches in my room were very quirky. The light switch by the door needed to be in the on position in order for the bathroom light switches to work (one of which turned the entry light on and off). That was kind of a hassle, but I wasn't in the room very much. Comfortable bed, walk-in shower (no tub), very quiet - I didn't notice any street noise, doors slamming, or nearby rooms' TVs. But the best part is the breakfast buffet. Amazing variety, everything was delicious, reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We wanted to thank you for your recent visit with us at the Hilton Garden Inn here in Georgetown, KY. We also appreciate your kind comments about our breakfast. Our chef prepares a full breakfast buffet every morning offering a wide variety of choices for our guests to choose from. The chef is also available to prepare a "made-to-order" item for our guests if they do not see what they want on the buffet. Our chef prepared breakfast buffet is one of the amenities offered to our guests here at the Hilton Garden Inn. Our master switch that controls the bathroom lights are a safety feature to help prevent electrocution due to any electrical device being so close to the water from the sink. We hope you come back and see us again soon.

Alabama
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night to attend a ball game at the University of Kentucky. We found the hotel to be very nice, and is about 25 minutes from UK (under normal traffic conditions). The property is newer and well appointed. The lobby area was nice and welcoming with fireplace/seating. Staff was friendly. Two elevators were a little slow, but that is par for a 4-floor building. Room was very nice with fridge, micro, & Keurig coffee maker. Bathroom was a bit tiny, but not too bad. Beds were comfortable and everything was clean. There was a little interstate noise on the back side of the hotel, but not bad. Light sleepers would want to request front facing rooms. There is a very nice indoor pool with hot tub. This hotel does not offer a free breakfast...have to go to Hampton Inn for that. Breakfast is $10 per person, and looked good by normal continental breakfast standards, but we didn't try it. I will never understand the pay more for fewer included perks concept...but, I digress. Wifi was free in the room and was strong. Free parking was plentiful, and there are a number of restaurants in the surrounding area. Stayed at a Courtyard Marriott during this same trip, and I would say that value for $$$ in that class, this hotel clobbered Courtyard. There are no snack/drink vending machines (another pet peeve of mine), but prices in this lobby pantry were less than insane, so it wasn't an issue here (soft drinks in bottles $1.50). Saturday night double queen was $120 when we booked (events in the area), but we used HHonors points (20,000) and that seemed to be a good points value. Overall, we would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay when you were here for the game. Our Hilton Garden Inn is about five years old and we are improving all the time. We had our lobby area remodeled this Spring, and have expanded our lounge and restaurant area to now include the lobby areas. Our pool, hot tub and fitness room is available 24 hours to accomodate each guests' schedule. One of the amenities offered to guests at all Hilton Garden Inns is the chef prepared breakfast, including "made-to-order" items at the request of our guests. All of our beds feature Hilton's Garden Sleep System that allow guests to adjust the softness or firmness of their mattress. Again, we appreciate the fact that you had a great stay with us, and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again!

Battle Creek Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2013

You will love this very nice hotel. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The bed was superbly comfortable. It is located on a strip coming into the north side of the city with lots of walkable restaurants. We were on motorcycles and the staff allowed us to park under the canopy to stay out of the rain. We always appreciate that. There is a very nice eating area with a great dinner menu and excellent food. The morning breakfast is not included, however well worth the $9.95 charge for a full choice of hot and cold foods.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn in Georgetown. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. Lots of our guests have commented on our Hilton Garden Sleep System beds that can adjust to the softness or firmness that you prefer. Our chef's work very hard to present a delious dinner and breakfast buffet for our guests. We hope that when you are traveling through the area, that you will come back and stay with us again. We hope to see you again soon.

Morton, Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is not right next to the expressway but it is within the "hotel district". We loved it because the walls were thick and we didn't hear the traffic noise; the bar and restaurant appeared to be very service oriented; and there were cookies waiting when we came back later that evening. Very efficient and helpful staff! We will return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us at the Hilton Garden Inn in Georgetown, Kentucky. We do appreciate the kind comments in the review you gave us. We hope you were able to take advantage of our restaurant while you were here. Our chef's do a great job in preparing delious meals for our guests. And most of our guests enjoy the cookies that are made in the evening. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again when you are in the area. Thank you.

Front Desk Supervisor.