“Friendly Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently visited a comedy club in Lexington Ky. and stayed a few miles away in Georgetown at the Hilton Garden Inn. Absolutely every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. Our room was great anthe breakfast buffet was outstanding and very reasonably priced. If ever in the area again, we will definitely stay at this hotel. Well done Hilton!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown

Reviewed May 6, 2013

On the day before my stay, I called and requested early check in of noon. The person I spoke with said that I could do that with no problem. However, when I go to check in I was told that no rooms were available. They said they could request house keeping to clean the room since the person that stayed last were out. I told them that was no problem and could run some errands. I get back 3 hours later and my room wasn't clean. The check in clerk were extremely rude and I told them to cancel my reservation. They offered another room that was much smaller and smoking for the same price. I declined their offer because it was a step down not step up from my original reservation. Also, I was shocked that you had to pay for breakfast when most usually have free breakfast bars. In the end, I was able to book a room at a hotel across the street that was cheaper, friendlier service, and better quality.

Room Tip: Even if you request early check-in you will probably not receive it at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thekentucker
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Clean, good location. Liked the cooked to order breakfast. Friendly staff. Good internet service. Quiet location to unwind after a long day. In room fridges. Pool with hot tub. Nice outside patio. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed three nights in April 2013 and experienced excellent service from all the staff. Breakfast was good and convenient. Bar was small but had a great selection of bourbons (it is Kentucky after all). Room was clean. Pool and hot tub were fine. I think the rate was a bit higher than usual due to the Rolex 3 Day Event being in town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Pro's
We stayed here for Rolex and the location couldn't have been better - only 10-15 minutes away from KHP. There are fresh baked cookies in the evening and a wonderful selection of free snacks with water at a table each morning.
We had a suite and it was very well appointed - very comfy bed, microwave, fridge, two bathrooms, a couch and free wi-fi.
Cons
I did find it odd that the hotel was full of Rolex guests yet girl at the front desk gave us wrong directions to the horse park.
We only got housekeeping 2 of the 5 nights we stayed there. When I mentioned this to the manager when we checked out it was clear he couldn't have cared less as he didn't even acknowledge my inquiry.

Room Tip: Our room faced I-75 and the noise was quite loud so if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room fa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel was a pleasure to stay at the breakfast was very good and the priced were good. The pool was clean and the towels were fresh. And the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were pleasent and helpful and the overall hotel apereance was more than pleasent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Greetings Michael W,

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are thrilled to hear that the hotel staff is helpful and pleasant and the breakfast was good and priced just right! We appreciate you taking the time to notice the clean and comfy rooms also. Our housekeepers pride themselves on keeping our hotel spotless. The next time you're travelling through, we hope that you'll stay with us again.

Many thanks,
Terri and the entire team

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Staying here for Rolex and actually switched our reservation from a nearby hotel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and location to the Horse Center is ideal. Breakfast is reasonable when compared to a restaurant and very good. They have Fresh baked cookies in the evening and a friendly staff. We will book this hotel now every time we come to Lexington.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello Hokie TW,

This is Terri, general manager of the Lexington/Georgetown HGI. Thanks so much for your positive review! I'm glad you moved over our property during your visit to the Kentucky Horse Park and Rolex and found everything to be "ideal". I'm also glad you took the time to enjoy our made-to-order breakfast!

When your travels take you through Kentucky again, we'd be delighted to have you stay with us again.

All the best,