“Great Experience”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of days in early October. Hotel was in great shape, staff was friendly. Even though there was a wedding party in the hotel, you could not hear any noise in the room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Minnesota_Traveler09,

This is Terri Petty, general manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thank so much for the positive review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. And I'm glad you found our our hotel to be in great shape and our staff friendly.

When your travels take you to the Bluegrass state again, we'd be honored to have you stay with us again.

All the best,
Terri and the team at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We usually stay at Hampton Inns so we found ourselves comparing our recent stay at this property to ones at Hampton Inns. Although we paid more, I was not impressed with this property and do not feel that the extra money was worth it.

The check-in was very quick and easy. The staff was friendly but seemed a little indifferent with the exception of the Lady working the breakfast area; she was very friendly.

Our lack of enthusiasm comes from the condition of the room and the hotel itself. Although clean (less the dirty window with the crayon scribbling), we found the facilities in need of some attention. For example- our room phone was unplugged, two different light fixtures had burned out bulbs, a cabinet door had a broken hinge, the clock radio was set 10 minutes fast and had an "auto-set" feature that prevented us from making the correction; and the hallway in one of the corridors was in need of vacuuming. We also found the pool to be cold, although that's subjective, especially if you think 75 degrees (I'm guessing) is warm. Check-out time was reported at the front desk as 11 am, yet the guest services guide and back of the door in the room stated 12 noon. Finally, one of the two treadmills was out of service.

On a positive note, the bed was very comfortable and there are plenty of places to eat in the area.

The above items were reported to the staff when we left and I'll assume that they are being corrected. While such things are not something that will ruin my stay, to me they are an indication that the staff has a lack of attention to detail. A Hilton Garden Inn is supposed to be a step-up in quality and service from a Hampton Inn and frankly we have stayed at other Hampton Inns that were better maintained with just as nice facilities and friendlier staff- for less money. Therefore, we were not impressed.

Overall, this is a nice property but not one I'll recommend unless the price is right.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are nicely equipped with a lot of space
1 Thank fdwt994
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear fdwt994,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for noticing the comfort of our Garden Sleep System beds and the friendliness of our breakfast hostess. I'll let her know that you appreciated her efforts.

Our maintenance team is working diligently to improve the overall condition of our property. The treadmill has already been repaired. We hope you'll give us another shot on your next pass through central Kentucky.

Terri Petty, General Manager
ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is your average garden inn that is showing some wear and tear.Staff never said hello when passing by desk and hotel halls smelled of cigs There is a fridge in room but ours never really got cold.My husband is a diamond level Hilton honors member but we were told we could not get a free upgrade because they were full?No one in hotel and parking lot was 3/4th empty, also you could buy a larger suite on the web site so they were not full !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I'm Terri, general manager at this hotel. I would like to thank you for offering this feedback about your recent stay with us. I deeply regret that you had such a poor experience with our front desk staff. We expect our agents to be friendly and responsive to our guests needs. I will take every measure to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit so that we'll have the opportunity to make this up to you.

Terri Petty, general manager
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed in this property two nights while visiting Lexington. It is about 15 minutes from downtown and a bit of winding roads to find it off the freeway.

Beautiful grounds, clean, well maintained property. The front office staff was attentive and professional. Lobby inviting.

Room clean and well stocked with all the items I needed. Frig and microwave. Bed comfortable with good linens. I do not like the air conditioner unit being in the room, but hey, it worked and it was kind of hot this fall! Quiet rooms - did not hear other guests.

Dined for dinner and breakfast. I had a chicken quesadilla and a salad. Not bad, not fabulous but it was nice not to have to go out and find food! Thumbs up!

Breakfast was just fine. Scrambled eggs with french toast (cooked to order), coffee and juice. Better than free breakfasts at other properties. They had a variety of choices too.

Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear bseashore,

I'm Terri, general manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us here in the Bluegrass State. We are pleased that you had a "very pleasant stay". We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're visit central Kentucky.

Many thanks,
Terri and the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Not the most accessible, nor the cheapest hotel in Georgetown, this perfectly serviceable property had an organized staff and clean rooms. Room smelled vaguely of smoke, but not offensive enough to warrant a change in rooms. Due to high occupancy, insufficient towels in room, but taken care of quickly. Standard inedible breakfast buffet, however, unlike other budget chains, this one costs 10 bucks. Free internet that actually worked.

Dear JacobJ

As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from customers like you. I'm sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke. I assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it does not happen again. I hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you're passing through.

Terri Petty, General Manager
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I discovered this hotel shortly afternit was built. The decor is modern. The rooms are nice with new flat screen TVs and reasonably fast wifi. The staff is great and they even have cookies in the evening. I really like the beds. When I am in Lexington this is now my hotel of choice along with ES. Overall, it's a very nice hotel for the traveler.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Larry215,

This is Terri Petty, general manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thanks so much for the positive review. As the general manager, I'm glad the decor and amenities were to your liking. I'm especially glad you found our staff to be great. I know they are!

When you're travelling through central Kentucky again, we'd be honored to have you stay with us again.

All the best,
Terri and your friends at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown
Williamsburg, KY
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Sept 30th, as we were attending a Buddy Walk in Lexington the next day. I had stayed at other hilton properties (doubletree, hampton, etc) but nota garden inn before. We had a total of three rooms, and used a combination of point and money to pay for our stay. Overall it was good experience- pros and cons below.

PROS
1- overall look to the property- lobby is nice, has high ceilings, etc.
2- rooms overall were clean and neat, liked the office chair, bathroom setup- all rooms have fridge and microwave- showers can get really hot if you like them that way
3- staff- there are several other comments about rude staff I read before coming- not sure what happened, but I did not experience anything like that at all- everyone was nice and friendly, informative. We arrived about 930 10 at night, and they even let us snag the rest of the cookies that were left for evening guests. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express, etc., and they were nicer than average customer service I receive.
4- Breakfast- lots of choices- pancakes, waffles, omelettes cooked to order, biscuits gravy, fresh fruit etc.

CONS
We had three rooms, so this was not just problems in one room
1- location, okay, it is convenient and right off the interstate, but when you are going there the first time, you think you have missed it. It is at the end of several hotels, and you have to turn and go down one more street that you think you would have to. They have a sign and everything, but I would either print out directions or use GPS- trust it- you will need to go a bit further than you think
2- Breakfast- had it as a pro also- it was lot of good food and excellent, very friendly service, but you have to pay 10.00 per person for it. It is pretty fair value, especially with drink, and decor is nice, but I am used to free breakfasts that don't have quite as many bells and whistles. I am a silver member, so I guess I hoped they might give vouchers for bfast (I get ones often with HIE platinum status at Holiday Inns) but it wasn't to be. So, costs more but you get more, too, especially in service. One suggestion- I would avoid the waffle- they look good but they are pretty think (we had two overall for group) and they just get too dense, mushy. Have a lot of the other good choices instead. Omelette was great.
3- Minor room issues- looks like wall unit for heat/ac but you need to change with temp control on wall- look for it instead. They advertise sleep control for bed )hard to soft control)- we did not really see any difference with it, they have card readers for nearly all doors, including the ice machine/vending area, so be prepared, one tv in one room (LCD new) could not lower volume- seems to have been a problem because it was set really loud and remote and using TV directly would not help (they said they would look into it next morning), and fridge may have been unevenly distributed on ground, but made humming loud enough that we just disconnected it.

I like giving honest reviews. Overall, I really did enjoy my stay. I also understand why they charge for the quality of breakfast they offer- I'm just used to getting it free elsewhere. Minor room issues in three rooms, but it was quiet, we slept good, looked fine and was safe. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Dear Debatecoach,

This is Terri Petty, general manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our guest rooms as well as amenities. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs - I'll let them know that their efforts are appreciated.

I am sorry that our location is difficult to find on your first first visit. We know that when you find our "Garden" at the end of the strip, you'll be glad you did!

Terri and your friends