“Very Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Very Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed in this property two nights while visiting Lexington. It is about 15 minutes from downtown and a bit of winding roads to find it off the freeway.

Beautiful grounds, clean, well maintained property. The front office staff was attentive and professional. Lobby inviting.

Room clean and well stocked with all the items I needed. Frig and microwave. Bed comfortable with good linens. I do not like the air conditioner unit being in the room, but hey, it worked and it was kind of hot this fall! Quiet rooms - did not hear other guests.

Dined for dinner and breakfast. I had a chicken quesadilla and a salad. Not bad, not fabulous but it was nice not to have to go out and find food! Thumbs up!

Breakfast was just fine. Scrambled eggs with french toast (cooked to order), coffee and juice. Better than free breakfasts at other properties. They had a variety of choices too.

Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear bseashore,

I'm Terri, general manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us here in the Bluegrass State. We are pleased that you had a "very pleasant stay". We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're visit central Kentucky.

Many thanks,
Terri and the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Not the most accessible, nor the cheapest hotel in Georgetown, this perfectly serviceable property had an organized staff and clean rooms. Room smelled vaguely of smoke, but not offensive enough to warrant a change in rooms. Due to high occupancy, insufficient towels in room, but taken care of quickly. Standard inedible breakfast buffet, however, unlike other budget chains, this one costs 10 bucks. Free internet that actually worked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear JacobJ

As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from customers like you. I'm sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke. I assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it does not happen again. I hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you're passing through.

Terri Petty, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

I discovered this hotel shortly afternit was built. The decor is modern. The rooms are nice with new flat screen TVs and reasonably fast wifi. The staff is great and they even have cookies in the evening. I really like the beds. When I am in Lexington this is now my hotel of choice along with ES. Overall, it's a very nice hotel for the traveler.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Larry215,

This is Terri Petty, general manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thanks so much for the positive review. As the general manager, I'm glad the decor and amenities were to your liking. I'm especially glad you found our staff to be great. I know they are!

When you're travelling through central Kentucky again, we'd be honored to have you stay with us again.

All the best,
Terri and your friends at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown
Williamsburg, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Sept 30th, as we were attending a Buddy Walk in Lexington the next day. I had stayed at other hilton properties (doubletree, hampton, etc) but nota garden inn before. We had a total of three rooms, and used a combination of point and money to pay for our stay. Overall it was good experience- pros and cons below.

PROS
1- overall look to the property- lobby is nice, has high ceilings, etc.
2- rooms overall were clean and neat, liked the office chair, bathroom setup- all rooms have fridge and microwave- showers can get really hot if you like them that way
3- staff- there are several other comments about rude staff I read before coming- not sure what happened, but I did not experience anything like that at all- everyone was nice and friendly, informative. We arrived about 930 10 at night, and they even let us snag the rest of the cookies that were left for evening guests. I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express, etc., and they were nicer than average customer service I receive.
4- Breakfast- lots of choices- pancakes, waffles, omelettes cooked to order, biscuits gravy, fresh fruit etc.

CONS
We had three rooms, so this was not just problems in one room
1- location, okay, it is convenient and right off the interstate, but when you are going there the first time, you think you have missed it. It is at the end of several hotels, and you have to turn and go down one more street that you think you would have to. They have a sign and everything, but I would either print out directions or use GPS- trust it- you will need to go a bit further than you think
2- Breakfast- had it as a pro also- it was lot of good food and excellent, very friendly service, but you have to pay 10.00 per person for it. It is pretty fair value, especially with drink, and decor is nice, but I am used to free breakfasts that don't have quite as many bells and whistles. I am a silver member, so I guess I hoped they might give vouchers for bfast (I get ones often with HIE platinum status at Holiday Inns) but it wasn't to be. So, costs more but you get more, too, especially in service. One suggestion- I would avoid the waffle- they look good but they are pretty think (we had two overall for group) and they just get too dense, mushy. Have a lot of the other good choices instead. Omelette was great.
3- Minor room issues- looks like wall unit for heat/ac but you need to change with temp control on wall- look for it instead. They advertise sleep control for bed )hard to soft control)- we did not really see any difference with it, they have card readers for nearly all doors, including the ice machine/vending area, so be prepared, one tv in one room (LCD new) could not lower volume- seems to have been a problem because it was set really loud and remote and using TV directly would not help (they said they would look into it next morning), and fridge may have been unevenly distributed on ground, but made humming loud enough that we just disconnected it.

I like giving honest reviews. Overall, I really did enjoy my stay. I also understand why they charge for the quality of breakfast they offer- I'm just used to getting it free elsewhere. Minor room issues in three rooms, but it was quiet, we slept good, looked fine and was safe. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HGIGeorgetownMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington Georgetown, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Dear Debatecoach,

This is Terri Petty, general manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our guest rooms as well as amenities. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs - I'll let them know that their efforts are appreciated.

I am sorry that our location is difficult to find on your first first visit. We know that when you find our "Garden" at the end of the strip, you'll be glad you did!

Terri and your friends
Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

We were given a room facing the road and the noise was very intrusive. I can't understand why hotels so close to a highway don't invest in more soundproofing. Also we were in a nonsmoking room, but there was an underlying smell of cigarette smoke. The staff at the front desk seemed uninterested in helping us; but that is something we have experienced at every HGI we have stayed at. The king bed seemed smaller than a normal king. The onsite restaurant looked nice, but was closed. The only restaurant near the hotel we could find open at a late hour was a Steak and Shake. It was ok for one night passing through, but I would not want to stay for an extended period unless I was given a better room.

Room Tip: If road noise bothers you, get there early and request to be on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear OregonTourist,

I'm Terri, general manager at this hotel. I would like to thank you for offering this feedback about your recent stay with us. I deepy regret that you had such a poor experience. The rooms on the front side of our hotel are farther from the interstate and are quieter, we would be happy to book a room for you in this location on your next visit.

Terri and staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed here while attending a week long show at the Kentucky Horse Park. The hotel was VERY clean, up-to-date, had nice sized rooms (we had a double-queen room) and the breakfast buffet was great (Marcus makes a heck of an omelette!). The staff was very helpful whenever we needed something or asked a question. Great location near freeway so the trip to the horse park was just ten minutes. I am pretty picky about hotels but our stay here inspired us to join Hilton Honors and I will look for a Garden Inn the next time we need to travel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Dlynnwood,

This is Terri, general manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thanks so much for your positive review! I'm delighted you and your family had time to enjoy our breakfast before heading to Kentucky Horse Park. I'll let our restaurant staff know that you loved the omelettes!

When your travels bring you back to central Kentucky, we'd be honored to have you and your family stay with us again.

See you next time!
Terri and the entire team at Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Loved this hotel!! Clean and well appointed. Friendly staff and we highly recommend this hotel. Best hotel in Georgetown :)

• Stayed September 2011
Hello Denver1967!

This is Terri Petty, general manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Lexington/Georgetown. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our little corner of the Bluegrass State. It is our pleasure to offer you great HGI service.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. I have to agree - we are the best in Georgetown.

Hope to see you soon!