“No surprises -- thank goodness!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Atlanta, Georgia
“No surprises -- thank goodness!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Like many of the Fairfield Inns, this hotel is convenient to the Interstate (I-75). The other reviews are correct -- the staff is very well trained here and genuinely nice. We went to our room after checking in and found the air conditioning was not sufficient for the afternoon sun. When we asked to be moved it was done promptly and kindly. While it was not a problem for us (we wanted to get breakfast and get to the Horse Park early) if you want to sleep in, ask to stay on the side of the hotel away from the construction. There is another hotel or eating establishment being built close by and around 8:00 it begins getting a bit noisy. There is a Chik-Fil-A and a Ruby Tuesday's next to the hotel but we will always opt for a 2 mile drive to go to the quaint downtown and to eat at Rodney's when we are in Georgetown! Breakfast options at the hotel were very good and the hostess kept everything clean and filled.

Room Tip: In the next few months (thru Nov 2014?) if you want to sleep in ask for a room away from the constru...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Overall nice hotel. Breakfast is a hotel breakfast, nothing special but it does the job. The room I stayed in was overall pretty good. The a/c worked, room was clean, and the bathroom wasn't a mess. Hotel personal is great! They do whatever they can to please the guest. Celena gave us great recommendations on where to eat and grab a drink after work. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge, you must ask for a room with one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this property. So friendly and welcoming. Each employee that I encountered seemed happy and it made my stay that more enjoyable. Good location and convenient to lots of restaurants and local activities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Marshall, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The facility could use a little work and you can see they are in the process but the staff was one of the best I have dealt with during my travels. From Kimi at the front dest, Dena the breakfast hostess and Tammy the manager. They were attentive and helpful in every way possible.

Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel met all of our needs. It was quiet, comfortable and clean. Our room was cleaned each day above and beyond and the breakfast in the morning was great. It had mostly the same items every morning, but the staff tending the area was great, pleasant and attentive. I felt the hallways, elevators and stairwells could have been picked up a little better, but our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The front desk staff could use a little more work. I spoke to them several times before arriving and they didn't always speak the clearest, but all of our requests were granted and I watched them interact with others while we were there and they seemed to be very accommodating. We would definitely stay at this location again if in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor which may have made it quieter.
litchfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation for two doubles, it was myself and my three kids. When we arrived, i was told they only had kings and king suites. I said I made the reservation this morning, that it was my children and I, I was told by the MANAGER that a reservation is not to save a room type, but to just save a room. Well, there was no room saved for us with my reservation made. My neice works at a hotel and when a reservation is made, a room is supposed to be put to that person as well as the TYPE they have asked for. I was very angry about this, she showed no concern for the situation and told me that if I was not happy, that I could go somewhere else. The two rooms we were stuck with, the a/c units did not work, she said she would send the maintenance man to fix it and never did. In one of the rooms there was absolutely no cold water so it was scolding hot! Well that was not the case, everywhere else was booked, which is why I reserved us a specific room so we could get what we desired! The managers name is Tammy, she was rude, unthoughtful, and very ignorant. She did not go out of her way to make our stay welcoming and comfortable. During the day, she would talk poorly about her staff in the halls. We saw her rudely correct the front desk people infront of guests and showed no concern that we or anyone else could hear her talking down to them. The snack area was not stocked, pretty much had nothing to drink in it, aside from diet beverages, not even water. I have served in the Military and she refused me my discount! So instead of paying a reasonable amount, I paid over a hundred dollars for my stay, for BOTH rooms because they did not save me the room TYPE I asked for in my reservation. I will never come back here, I have spoken to Customer Service and filed a complaint. I will never send anyone here again, they had a lot of business from us. The new manager is a joke, she is very rude and inconsiderate. The staff is wonderful, there are a couple new people sence we have been there last which is really too bad. We had some really caring people there before and people who actually took care of us as well as any concerns we might of had. However that was not the case this time, I paid for two rooms, and had no help whatsoever with any of my concerns.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived and had reservations for 2 king suites. The first room was ok but had the elevator shaft behind one wall and I75 out the window. Needless to say it was very loud and the AC would click on and off constantly. The second room was over 80 degrees. I reported it when we arrived and TJ at the desk said the maintenance man would fix it after he got done repairing another unit down the hall. We left and came back from dinner and she says yes it's fixed. We entered the room and there was no temperature change. She moved us to another floor which was broken also. The third room we were moved to or I should say told to move ourselves was dirty with food and drink all over the room. The night shift receptionist who had just arrived came up to the floor and said and I quote"well how dirty is it?" really?? We were finally told there were no other rooms and they could not clean the room tonight so we were moved back to our original room at 10pm which was over 80 degrees and told the maintence man would show up sometime during the night and fix it but she wasn't sure when it would be because he wasn't on property. My 9 year old son and I ended up sleeping on a twin pullout sofa with our other guests that were staying in the other room I was told well you won't be charged for the night. The next day the room temperature was the same but we just stuck it out because there were no other hotels available because of Breyerfest. We were finally and very happily ready to depart and went and got the luggage cart to transport our luggage to the car and the only luggage cart had two dry rotted flat tires and no one seemd concerned or surprised at all. I took pictures to post. If this is the new Marriott quality I suggest find a new hotel chain.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 216 or 219
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Joy H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Georgetown/College Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Good Morning,

Yes thank you for letting us know about the issues so that we can get tehm taken care of immediately. I can promise you that there are big changes and improvements is the works.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey.